Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

Highway work just east of Newspring

well i hear that first time :D  it was free open land i didnt see sign forbidden land

2 minutes ago, Sila said:

well i hear that first time :D  it was free open land i didnt see sign forbidden land

almost 20 people left WO and your happy with it well that's just showing your personality

be well and good luck i hope one day there will be someone who will do the some to you what your doing to others :)

atm whatever what Happy New year for you and everyone else

• Like 2

money =/= friends guys

remember that

sometimes you cant win with somebody

but you should try

its my way of life

Votip

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sila said:

you are so wrong,,, all 15 open deeds we have made are made just for public use and benefits, all 15k cateyes and highways made by our GHM team is just for you guys, we donate alot of materials to big projects like spawn remakes, bridges and so on.... we also host 2 impalongs in last 5 years.... so stop bulling topic and spreeding lies

It's honestly difficult to believe that it's for the benefit of others when you consistently refuse to even discuss changes you've made to public roads and landscapes, even when those people have concerns about it, even going so far as to illegally vandalize highways in the past.

I was hoping that could change, and that we could talk about it in a civil manner, but if you aren't interested in doing so, I don't think there's any reason for me to keep replying here.

• Like 2

I fail to see the problem here with Sila & Co creating a deed on open land and covering part of an existing highway with it. There is no requirement for them to consult with anyone else who lives within the vicinity before doing so or after as to their plans on to how to develop the land. They then can either keep the existing highway as is or reroute it around/through their deed as desired as long as it remains passable for the entire process. I see no malicious intent here by Sila & Co but rather the desire to design and build another market type deed on another server.

Some may envy and dislike their server market empire building but I see that as more their personal problem. It is a poor approach to attempt to control what others do in developing the land that they pay for and then bad mouthing them when they refuse to be controlled beyond what the game requires. Sila has resisted this attempt of control from Ostentatio and no doubt will rightfully continue to refuse to do so. Who then is the real problem in this situation?

It has always bothered me when people state that you should check with your neighbors in game before placing a deed within their vicinity. The vacant un-deeded land in this game is free for anyone to deed and develop as they wish without anyone else's approval required. This is the freedom that the game provides which is rare to be found in RL with its development ordinances and contesting neighborhood organizations. It seems here and in other instances that some people can not cope with this freedom of choice and still attempt to exert their influence by underhanded methods when they see that the new deed owner has no interest in getting their approval for anything that they wish to do.

I see no malicious intent exhibited here by Sila & Co and since this situation has been brought to the forums by the opposing Ostentatio I have decided to make comment upon it and the deeper issue that it exposes. I may not like how others design their deeds but I see that as more my problem to get over than for them to redesign their deeds to my liking. Since even in this situation there is no blocking of access to points beyond, all the more reason to carry on in whatever way of design Sila & Co choose with as little contact with the objectors as desired.

Tldr? No local "neighborly" approval needed.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ayes said:

I fail to see the problem here with Sila & Co creating a deed on open land and covering part of an existing highway with it. There is no requirement for them to consult with anyone else who lives within the vicinity before doing so or after as to their plans on to how to develop the land. They then can either keep the existing highway as is or reroute it around/through their deed as desired as long as it remains passable for the entire process. I see no malicious intent here by Sila & Co but rather the desire to design and build another market type deed on another server.

Some may envy and dislike their server market empire building but I see that as more their personal problem. It is a poor approach to attempt to control what others do in developing the land that they pay for and then bad mouthing them when they refuse to be controlled beyond what the game requires. Sila has resisted this attempt of control from Ostentatio and no doubt will rightfully continue to refuse to do so. Who then is the real problem in this situation?

It has always bothered me when people state that you should check with your neighbors in game before placing a deed within their vicinity. The vacant un-deeded land in this game is free for anyone to deed and develop as they wish without anyone else's approval required. This is the freedom that the game provides which is rare to be found in RL with its development ordinances and contesting neighborhood organizations. It seems here and in other instances that some people can not cope with this freedom of choice and still attempt to exert their influence by underhanded methods when they see that the new deed owner has no interest in getting their approval for anything that they wish to do.

I see no malicious intent exhibited here by Sila & Co and since this situation has been brought to the forums by the opposing Ostentatio I have decided to make comment upon it and the deeper issue that it exposes. I may not like how others design their deeds but I see that as more my problem to get over than for them to redesign their deeds to my liking. Since even in this situation there is no blocking of access to points beyond, all the more reason to carry on in whatever way of design Sila & Co choose with as little contact with the objectors as desired.

Tldr? No local "neighborly" approval needed.

=Ayes=

Hi Ayes, problem is not what you do with your land, problem is how they do it, if it's about their deed/perimeter than you are not allowed to touch it ( what even sila posted in this thread to stay away , small examples like Ruswood or Thogot ), it's about someones else properties by them its free game as its an open land, so you are right about rules but you are wrong in your statement, sorry but most of the time i would agree with your comments but this time 100% negative feedback for you - why? - it's simple  -  if sila is requesting and expecting something from others, he should show the same values for others and their land or work they put into it,  the part of the land where they got market its an open land so it's their free game - you are right here, but if you are trying to explaing and force me to the idea that sila and his team can do whatever they want with yr land and job its a big mistake, sorry but you Ayes disappointed this time 

small edit

by your words, my situation - im rebuilding my docks, its off deed atm, dropped there nearly 200k dirt and sand, need another 300k, so your saying me that bcoz it's and open area it's free to claim? so now sila will come deed it and you saying free game free land? ...saying something just to say something its not saying, ....maybe you drop 500k dirt level it terraform and than i will come and deed it, we will see what would you say... terrible just terrible what you posted here

Edited by Qdlaty
  • Like 2

@Ayes most importantly you fail to see the unwarranted hostility displayed by Sila, among other behaviour I don't care to point out because this thread is enough drama as it is. Nobody is disputing the point that your vacuous post reiterates ad naseum, which is "Their land, their doing".  But if you refuse to extend some common courtesy to people around you, they'll think you're kind of a douche, and some transparency about transforming public infrastructure is not much to ask for, even if it's on your land.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Flubb said:

the point that your vacuous post reiterates ad naseum

Ahh, it is most refreshing to see this word used in reference as it reminds me of a forum account name that I had for another online game, Ultima Online I believe it was. The name was Vacuity and I used it to make grandiose posts of the most significant importance that all might be aware of to their betterment of mental contemplation. Although as Ayes here I have attempted to moderate my elucidations, at times the redundancy of a bit of repetitive reinforcement under the guise of further thought gets the better of me and then of course I am not actually better; but, better than not an after thought must have been previously thought'en or it would not have been there to begin with. Yet where there is a beginning there must be an end, so in ending I am fondly remembering Vacuity due to your negligence of as you suggest "common courtesy". Drama indeed...

=Ayes=

3 hours ago, Sila said:

you are so wrong,,, all 15 open deeds we have made are made just for public use and benefits, all 15k cateyes and highways made by our GHM team is just for you guys, we donate alot of materials to big projects like spawn remakes, bridges and so on.... we also host 2 impalongs in last 5 years.... so stop bulling topic and spreeding lies

I wonder who's bullying and telling lies here as I seem to remember how a certain person wrecked up the highway from Whitefay to my alliance's deeds; without asking anyone who build that highway if it was ok to change things.

When confronted with that, the answer was: "we got GM permission for that", while after contacting some GM's we were told that you were tol that you had to contact the builders of the highway to inform them about it. Something you never did.
You've also changed the name of the highway (yes, I WILL provide a screenshot of that) without contacting the builders; as if you build it yourself.
I can go on with this list, but I'm not in the mood for it.

Just don't act as if you ppl are the saints of the server, coz you aren't.

It's a bit strange that players are going nuts when a new (and probably unknowing) player messes up an area near their deed; but the moment a veteran player does the same, they're actually being defended!!
In my - humble - opinion, if someone wants to change a part of the PUBLIC environment of a server, be at least polite enough to ask in public if anyone opposes it. You'll find out that when doing that, quite often players won't protest or even come up with idea's to improve the situation. This hasn't happened in this occasion and the moment that's brought up in public, one side becomes quite hostile.
Makes me wonder what would've happened if a certain CA living at Newspring had created this topic........

@Ostentatio: I don't always agree with how you post things, however in this matter you got my deepest respect for the polite aproache and the patience you showed in this topic.
IMHO it isn't your fault things didn't work out the way you hoped for.

Thorin :)

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Ayes said:

due to your negligence of as you suggest "common courtesy". Drama indeed...

You're not afforded any sort of courtesy to not be criticised for a sentiment you even agree to. I don't take kindly to the implication of hypocrisy either.

12 minutes ago, Thorinoakshield said:

if someone wants to change a part of the PUBLIC environment of a server, be at least polite enough to ask in public if anyone opposes it.

Agreed. Against concerns about public infrastructure that will affect other people, the argument of ownership isn't a good defense for completely arbitrary actions with that property. It doesn't hold up morally to the nuance in the situation, and it may not even hold up against the rules depending on what is being planned. In real life, courts are constantly dealing with petty neighborhood squabbles that find their origin in this misguided hermit mentality, and while I don't think Sila is planning something that would outright ruin the highway for everyone else, I find their dismissive attitude staggering.

Edited by Flubb
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Flubb said:

I find their dismissive attitude staggering.

You are the winner !!!! ?

So many words that leads nowhere. Lets close this topic and stop harrassing me and my hard work(time).  There is always someone who dislike you and bunch of others who just love. Sometimes you must give part of your reputation to fulfill greater goals. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Flubb said:

and while I don't think Sila is planning something that would outright ruin the highway for everyone else

If you will please refer to the map graphic Ostentatio posted at the beginning of this thread, I will explain exactly what Sila is planning. They have expanded over an existing highway, built by several of Newspring's inhabitants, so they can redirect the road through their market. They have built a bypass running north out of their deed and then west where it will rejoin the existing highway about 10 tiles north of the current intersection. The reason for this is obvious: they are planning on destroying a portion of the existing highway so anyone desiring to travel it must pass through their deed.

9 minutes ago, Sila said:

Sometimes you must give part of your reputation to fulfill greater goals. 

When one must resort to underhanded tactics which could tarnish one's reputation in order to achieve one's personal goals, then it is very likely that those same goals are less than desirable. This is something of which I was reminded several days ago by the author of this thread. Thank you, Ost, and I hope you will accept my apology.

11 minutes ago, Sila said:

So many words that leads nowhere. Lets close this topic and stop harrassing me and my hard work(time).  There is always someone who dislike you and bunch of others who just love. Sometimes you must give part of your reputation to fulfill greater goals. 

such big words from such person ..wow...you reminds me about one guy i used to work with, he never was guilty, he never was this bad one, it was everyone around, one day ppl got enough and sue him to the court he lost 75k GBP,  

i will repeat, they way you working - it is ok for you to be unfair about everyone around as long as it's ok for you, but it's bad if someone isn't good for you.....your so "lovely hard working so friendly person" that we should have a Sila/rocky colossus available to build in game, im not kidding, such "nice" person should be rewarded...

when Thorinoakshield can prove that you demolished the highway from Whitefay against GM's words you are saying your innocent and that people attacking you lol 

:D

there are 2 difrent things:

1.demolished aka destroyed highway

2.inproved aka better then before highway

i never do first one :P

that's what i just said, you are never doing wrong things mate and you have never done anything wrong...why do you think you could do it :D

now serious last comment....i really love this conversation but i like to conversate with someone who represent some values ...be well 

5 minutes ago, Alendhor said:

they are planning on destroying a portion of the existing highway so anyone desiring to travel it must pass through their deed.

Yeah, that's what it looks like, I was thinking of a worst case scenario where the highway is getting blocked off for devious purposes, as Votip has beautifully illustrated.

But hey, it's free land all around where everyone can do whatever they please without ever considering someone else who might be close by, so surely you can just build "highway maintenance" shacks, incidentally around the GH market deed, and make a new highway around the area.

Probably wouldn't inconvenience people any more than the current apparent plan for the intersection...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flubb said:

Yeah, that's what it looks like, I was thinking of a worst case scenario where the highway is getting blocked off for devious purposes, as Votip has beautifully illustrated.

But hey, it's free land all around where everyone can do whatever they please without ever considering someone else who might be close by, so surely you can just build "highway maintenance" shacks, incidentally around the GH market deed, and make a new highway around the area.

Probably wouldn't inconvenience people any more than the current apparent plan for the intersection...

no ....that would be a harrasment hehehehe

48 minutes ago, Thorinoakshield said:

if someone wants to change a part of the PUBLIC environment of a server, be at least polite enough to ask in public if anyone opposes it. You'll find out that when doing that, quite often players won't protest or even come up with idea's to improve the situation.

Your argument is specious in this instance. The OP is being preemptive in his approach as indicated by the drawing and concerns for what *may* happen in his viewpoint. Yes, the initial post was polite enough but shortly thereafter it was revealed to be all about control of an area that they had no right to control. Sila may have been short tempered in response but from past experiences with others not liking his market expansions he was most likely not willing to be accommodating to further discussion, as evidenced. Rather than coming up with ideas to "improve" the situation in private the OP chooses to make a public post about it to enlist support and as some kind of leverage to "prove" his point. This is not really about improving the situation but shining a biased negative light upon it.

Some will tailor what they do with their deeds in the game to meet others approval and others will not. Those who will not then don't like to be pushed around and become short tempered about it or better yet just ignore those controlling types and develop their deeds as they wish. I see no evidence that this deed was setup to harass or grief other people but more evidence points to the fact that Sila just wants to have market deeds in strategic locations on every PvE server. If he will divert all traffic through his deed in the future that is still speculation and even if he does then the amount of delay in travel is still yet to be determined. Probably it would be best if he left the current highway as is and then what would you all have to complain about? It could still remain on his deed without any further effect to others than that they see the name of his Glasshollow Market deed when passing over it. This is the only reasonable accommodation he should make for those who wish to wage a war of a campaign against him and company.

Really guys, stop the assault as in the end you only make the situation worse for yourself in your frustration. Hopefully Sila & Co will leave the current highway as is (maybe change the pavement though) and perhaps then you will see who is the bigger person in this situation.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

well its not easy, first this topic then i got multiple private msg from some guys including this one.  I never ask nobody what he plan to do on his deed becose is not my bussiness. 

i belive all started with Your hostile language Ostentatio in this topic just two years ago

Hi Sila,

Is there a reason you don't want to discuss your plans for the area around your Newspring by Glasshollow Market deed? I'm not trying to be hostile here. I'm honestly just tired of all the bickering from both sides about it, and I'd like to see us all reach an understanding about what should be done with the area, and resolve any potential conflict.

Edited by Sila

6 hours ago, Sila said:

so tell me what are your plans on your deed?   and where you save your gems and coins?

17 minutes ago, Sila said:

I never ask nobody what he plan to do on his deed becose is not my bussiness. 

i'm sorry......What?

20 hours ago, Sila said:

stay away from land you dont pay for and his perimeters. 

So let me get this straight, you build this scamming spot right next to a starter deed with the opinion that people should only be around if they're paying you? I'd say don't build on a public highway if you want that kind of privacy.

Edited by Crackmore_
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Crackmore_ said:

i'm sorry......What?

So let me get this straight, you build this scamming spot right next to a starter deed with the opinion that people should only be around if they're paying you? I'd say don't build on a ###### public highway if you want that kind of privacy.

buhahahaha

don't worry he will remove everything he posted, it's just matter of the time, it must be you who is that bad , so now move on and stop this harrasment:D buehehehe

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Qdlaty said:

no ....that would be a harrasment hehehehe

???

5 minutes ago, Ayes said:

This is not really about improving the situation but shining a biased negative light upon it.

Maybe, but I do wonder if he'd do the same to any other given person? It's not like Sila himself is interested in keeping things private, as evidenced by him posting Ostentatio's continued efforts to the public, after he chose another route you described yourself as being more productive (and with that, I agree for once.)

At least you dropped the roleplay for a post on this and tackled some nuance, and I do also hope that things do not become needlessly inconvenient for Newspring's residents. But respectfully, I think you're betting on the wrong horse here and the only one making things worse for anyone is Sila for himself with the continued stubborness and deflection.

I prefer straight highways, way nicer if you drive long distances.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sila said:

there are 2 difrent things:

1.demolished aka destroyed highway

2.inproved aka better then before highway

i never do first one :P

You once vandalized the highway near Newspring in a manner which was plainly illegal. This is historical fact. Please stop lying about this.

49 minutes ago, Ayes said:

Your argument is specious in this instance. The OP is being preemptive in his approach as indicated by the drawing and concerns for what *may* happen in his viewpoint. Yes, the initial post was polite enough but shortly thereafter it was revealed to be all about control of an area that they had no right to control. Sila may have been short tempered in response but from past experiences with others not liking his market expansions he was most likely not willing to be accommodating to further discussion, as evidenced. Rather than coming up with ideas to "improve" the situation in private the OP chooses to make a public post about it to enlist support and as some kind of leverage to "prove" his point. This is not really about improving the situation but shining a biased negative light upon it.

I understand why it might seem this way, but the "past experience" involved a market expansion that resulted in the illegal vandalism of an established highway and severe hostility from Sila/Paulofdune whenever he was questioned about it. Frankly, this is how he's always reacted to being questioned. I figured, after last time, it would be best to just talk about any plans regarding that infrastructure before anything controversial happened. If that's not what he wants, I can't change that.

I have no interest in "controlling an area I have no right to control". I have no right to control Sila's deeds, nor do I want to. I also have no unilateral right to control public land or highways, and I don't want to do that either. I want to help determine what sort of consensus the people in the area, and Sila/Paulofdune, might want, by opening a discussion about it. For instance, when I and other Newspring residents built the existing north-south highway a couple years ago, it was a joint effort, and I discussed it with them first, because it was about public infrastructure, not about me. I have no intention of exerting my unilateral will over public space.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 2