Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

Highway work just east of Newspring

I'm part of the Newspring Isle alliance, and we've recently noticed some work being done on the established highway just east of Newspring, between the starter deed and the Newspring by Glasshollow Market deed.

I would like to take the opportunity for discussion on this, because we are somewhat uncomfortable with some of the changes being made, and there are others we really just don't understand.

@Silaand/or other people with permissions on the Newspring by Glasshollow Market deed have been continuously sanding over public land in the area, which has received criticism from locals, and have now continued that practice and also expanded the deed over existing highway that has been in place for years. They have also placed a strange L-shaped highway detour with unclear purpose near the existing highway.

As a visual aid:

paulofdune-highway-detour.png

The red lines are relevant existing highway, as in a proper linked highway. The pink "?" section is a seemingly redundant section of new highway. The yellow square is a more-or-less accurate outline of the current borders of the Newspring by Glasshollow Market deed.

The new L-shaped highway section doesn't seem necessary and half of it isn't on the deed, so I don't really understand the purpose. Obviously, the people who own the deed can do whatever they want within the rules, but If there are plans to move or redirect the highway somehow, or to otherwise make significant changes to local public landscape and infrastructure, we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss it, so that the needs of those living on Newspring are represented, especially given the proximity to the starter deed and the densely populated nature of the island. I know there have been some disputes over this in the past, but I would much rather we reach some kind of consensus on these issues instead of bickering over it after the fact.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 1

stay away from land you dont pay for and his perimeters. 

22 minutes ago, Sila said:

I obviously can't mess with someone else's deed, nor do I want to.

We're just trying to get a sense of what your plans are for the area, so the locals can discuss any potential changes to existing infrastructure with you and hopefully come to an understanding. With your deed being so close to the starter town, and so highly visible, and now overlapping a major highway, I think it would be best if we could land on something we can all at least mostly agree on.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sila said:

People like you make me happy I have no neighbors in this game.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Flubb said:

People like you make me happy I have no neighbors in this game.

if your feeling lonely i can always sail to you and dig some holes...it's 5min way only huehue

4 minutes ago, Sila said:

here is nothing to discuss...    pls close this

Everyone I've spoken to regarding this disagrees, and is concerned with the development near the starter deed(s), especially as they concern local public infrastructure.

If you don't want to discuss it, that's your decision, but I figured an open discussion would be preferable to the kind of grumbling, passive-aggressiveness, spite, and rule-breaking we've seen before, from either side of the issue. I assumed that you would agree if you cared about the effects of your developments and how they impact the community.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 1

you and me discuss everything year or 2 ago....  so stop doing drama already... you are same as Russwoods guy at glasshollow.  you never stop touching my deeds and perimeters.

If you like my deed so much buy it, we can discuss price but will not be low.

Edited by Sila

23 minutes ago, Sila said:

you and me discuss everything year or 2 ago....  so stop doing drama already... you are same as Russwoods guy at glasshollow.  you never stop touching my deeds and perimeters.

If you like my deed so much buy it, we can discuss price but will not be low.

We did not really discuss anything two years ago; you set up the deed and vandalized a highway without any discussion at all, and in fact refused to discuss it in good faith when people confronted you about it.

More importantly: What do you mean by "touching your deeds"? There is literally no way in-game that I can do anything to your deeds. The game mechanics don't allow for that; deeds are controlled by permissions, and I have no special permissions on any of your deeds and have done nothing to them. Please don't accuse me of things that are physically impossible for me to do.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 2

i have set on all my deeds special permisions now, just for you

Edited by Sila

2 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

We did not really discuss anything two years ago; you set up the deed and vandalized a highway without any discussion at all, and in fact refused to discuss it in good faith when people confronted you about it.

More importantly: What do you mean by "touching your deeds"? There is literally no way in-game that I can do anything to your deeds. The game mechanics don't allow for that; deeds are controlled by permissions, and I have no special permissions on any of your deeds and have done nothing to them. Please don't accuse me of things that are physically impossible for me to do.

on the end you didn't get banned like they done with Thogot at the Greymead when they terraformed just in front of his deed/alliance capital:)

I was referring to your accusation that I "never stop touching your deeds". In what way have I touched your deeds?

Beware what, exactly?

As far as Enki's statement goes: The reason I made this thread is because I want to get along with my neighbors. I'm willing to talk about all of this on a friendly basis, but that takes both of us.

• Like 1

so tell me what are your plans on your deed?   and where you save your gems and coins?

Edited by Sila

I'm only concerned with your developments insofar as they affect public infrastructure, such as highways, and the public land around the starter deed. Usually, when we make changes to things like highways, we discuss it first to make sure it's what the local public wants.

What exactly am I supposed to "beware" here?

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 1

i will tell you...  we will expend deed in all 3 directions and we will made temple with altars, 2 story shoping hall  7x7 so we avoid stall making and small hobbit noob village west. Can see example at Black Pearl deed on exodus.   So now its your turn to tell me what you plan on your deed since is conected with highway aswell

I know this is off topic but out of principle I will never buy from any of Sila & Co's merchants. They are just bullies that has no regard for the spirit of the rules. Alwyas thier way or no way. never a comprimise and respect for the locals

The only thing they care about is their ego's

• Like 6

you are so wrong,,, all 15 open deeds we have made are made just for public use and benefits, all 15k cateyes and highways made by our GHM team is just for you guys, we donate alot of materials to big projects like spawn remakes, bridges and so on.... we also host 2 impalongs in last 5 years.... so stop bulling topic and spreeding lies

Edited by Sila

Well guys it's New Year time so please just this one day stay calm

as i remember i had arguments with both of you in a past :D

Ostentatio just give up please it's going nowhere and you cannot win as long as sila got support from gms

Sila/Rocky please be a lil just a lil more friendly and respectfull for others, as i still remember what you done at Greymead and how many long time players gone to WU because of you

differences between you Sila and you Ostentatio are this that you deeded on the highway system you hvn't made, when Ostentatio is only connected to the highway, you Sila came to that area with your deed

so please do not be a hypocrite just this one day per year

any GM PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD AS IT IS GOING NOWHERE, everyone know it

Edited by Qdlaty

I live on Newspring and have maintained my deed, Aven Linuath, for nearly four years now. I am also a member of the Newspring Isle Alliance. I am posting here to go on record that I am opposed to the Glasshollow expansion on Newspring. I see it as an aggressive, hostile attempt to control all local markets on Newspring and, as evidenced by other posts here including Sila's own, all other local market areas on Xanadu, and evidently other servers as well. In my view the Newspring by Glasshollow deed is an ugly scar on Newspring, and based on Sila's plans for expansion will only continue to spread like a tumor.

I invite all the inhabitants of Newspring island to voice their opinions here, as well. 

Edited by Alendhor
Mispelling
  • Like 2

you should explain more about Greymead i have no idea what you talking about.  There are just 2 persons in wurm that i cant seein personal. Russwoods and Ostentatio.  

Just now, Sila said:

you should explain more about Greymead i have no idea what you talking about.  There are just 2 persons in wurm that i cant seein personal. Russwoods and Ostentatio.  

you dropped a market deed in front of Thogot deed which by years and wurm rules was forbidden for everyone, you terraformed at his permieter what you saying is against rules and forbidden for Ostentatio or anyone in wurm to do with your deed/perimeter, when Thogot wanted to talk with you about terraforming land at his deed/perimeter every time you were logging off, when Thogot was frustrated due to yours attitude and no response/support from gm's, he decided to do the same to you,  in this moment your friendly gm ( who is not a gm anymore luckily for us but i cannot say  a name here) banned him from the game, all their alliance moved to WU and Greyemad area for over 1.5yr and lil less than 2yrs gone dead to the moment when guys made Oakheart there was nothing just nothing else than yr market deed

please stop to be a hypocrite for a moment, because Enki's words you posted here for a moment could be about you as well

i will repost PLEASE GM TO CLOSE THIS THREAD IT"S BAD FOR EVERYONE

• Like 1