Sign in to follow this  
Emoo

2018, VEN and Streaming in General. (Happy New year)

Hey folks!

With the end of the year just around the corner I've spent quite some time on reflecting on what, for me atleast has been one of the most interesting and exciting years (Both inside of the game and out.) One of the first things and probably most relevant to the Wurm Online community is the founding of the Valrei Entertainment Network (https://www.wurmonline.com/valrei-entertainment-network/)which essentially is a group that is supported by Wurm's PR team and Devs, to help build up the viewership of Wurm. This works on principal of engaging the existing players  plus bringing new players along with spreading the word about Wurm though variety streamers.  At the start of this year, without the FF brothers streaming regularly there really wasn't a huge amount of viewership and interest in Wurm Streams. There was a small handful bringing in maybe half a dozen viewers at the peak so shout out to you guys (Minnasulus is probs the one for me who springs to mind first). Looking back at this though now and seeing how much the stream viewership for Wurm players has grown is crazy. With some streams peaking out at 70+ concurrent viewers and the Wurm Online climbing more than 2000k spots on Twitch for most watched games. It's clear to see that there is a demand for content has increased but not just that with more people streaming and sharing ideas. Plus the Wurm team getting involved, the quality of the streams overall has increased by a huge amount. I'm really proud to be part of this whole thing and I'm excited to see what next year brings for VEN and Wurm streaming. 

Now the next thing I've spent a huge amount of thinking about lately is just how much new content and stuff has come out for Wurm this year. Honestly some of the biggest fixes and updates for the game have come out this year and it's really exciting to see things being worked on with real vigor and honestly in a way that makes sense in a more overall game sense. Budda, Saroman, Samool (<3), Sindusk and all the other devs have done a terrific job working tirelessly to keep this game chugging along and now coming up to either my 13th or so year of playing. I can say with complete honesty there has not been a time in Wurm's past that has made me quite as excited to play as it does now. Plus a big upside is that one of my biggest gripes with the game (personal goals) is on the way out so YAY!

Finally on a personal note, as some of you might know, this year I started streaming. With the couple of test streams in February and picking it up more seriously in March with a schedule (Including Wurm Wednesday!). I really feel as though I've found something I am really passionate about and enjoy. When I started i set a goal of 50 followers a month, considering now I'm just shy of 800 at the time of this post. It's safe to say I achieved my little goal and had soooo much fun and made tons of friends along the way. A big part of that has been as a part of and with the Wurm Community so thankyou, so much. One of the true highlights of this was earlier this month doing a fundraiser for a Organisation called "WIRES" which rescue and rehabilitate native Australian wildlife. Thanks to the generous viewers of the streams, we managed to raise between all of us $1300 which is pretty amazing. Being able to do something I enjoy to do good things for the stuff I'm passionate about (Eg animals) is a truly wonderful feeling. 

This year has been without a joke, one of the best of my life. I've managed to make good progress in a professional sense in my RL job, I've met an amazing gal and I've also spent a huge amount of time an energy channeling into my streaming hobby. I'm fitter and happier than I've ever been and my creative side is satisfied. Whilst I feel like I'm now so busy I barely have time to do everything I want, I ultimately am genuinely excited for what 2019 will throw my way. To everyone reading this, whether you're a friend, passing acquaintance or an enemy; I genuinely wish you all the best for 2019 and I hope you reach your own goals. 

If you'd like to watch a recap of the best bits of 2018 Streaming from my perspective:

Spoiler

• Like 5

I love you Drongo lad, keep on doing what you're doing because bloody hell, it's incredible

Edited by Madnath