Sign in to follow this  
Alegria

CLOSE Heartbroken

1 hour ago, Xandaros said:

Maybe it should be a bit smarter and actually merge player data instead of just overwriting with the newer one. Or maybe, when a server updates the player data for a player that is on a different server, the server should communicate the change to the other server, so it can do the same operation. (As long as it transfers the operation and not just the new value, this should be fine. Like "add 10kg of wine made") 

This is the solution that's desperately needed. So many game artefacts are caused by this lack of communication cross-server. Wishing these things away with "That's just how the game works" isn't really ideal, especially when all of these problems rear their head time and time again - all with the same underlying cause.

Investing the time in fixing more core functionality reaps rewards tenfold in the future; even on player-facing features.

• Like 2

@Retrograde@Enki

Would it be really that hard to grant an exception to this person? I mean, it really isn't their fault that they did not know. The whole system is being phased out and Alegria did in fact complete the requisite. Is not like she screwed up and is now trying to get preferential treatment. This is a known issue that will in fact dissapear once the old system is taken out of the game.

She's short on time

She has done all the work

She unfairly was not aware of the potential issue when crossing servers.

This is a case of good faith. Why not give them a hand? You have the ability to do so.

@AlegriaRegardless, my offer stands. Don't quit. I'll help you get this completed. Just let me know how much more you need and if the staff doesn't help, I will.

• Like 5

It would only require me to go to the location and verify everything.  ya know  counting and that math type stuff, and yes if all the stuff on this side of the equation meets all the stuff over there on that side of the equation, I am willing to proof Alegria's work and slap a stamp of quality on it.

• Like 29

2 minutes ago, Enki said:

It would only require me to go to the location and verify everything.  ya know  counting and that math type stuff, and yes if all the stuff on this side of the equation meets all the stuff over there on that side of the equation, I am willing to proof Alegria's work and slap a stamp of quality on it.

You sir are a Gentleman and a Scholar. Thank you for coming through with this.

Always warms my heart when I see a happy ending like this.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Always warms my heart when I see a happy ending

+1

• Like 2

+1 I have played with Alegria for years and she is an honest person. She should be credited for the completion.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Enki said:

I am willing to proof Alegria's work and slap a stamp of quality on it.

Alegria is a very good girl and a very good friend, if someone as to earn that then she. I hope all the best for you ?

Very glad to see how the community reacting. Highest respect to the player who offers help for her. !

• Like 1

Thank you all so so much to support me by posting here. Especially since many of you don't even know me.

I felt that my basic english wasn't adequate to properly defend my case, but you all stood up and did that for me, way better than I could have.

And thank you Wurm for reaching out and not giving up on me and like Spolmit put it so splendidly to rule by the spirit of the law rather than the letter of the law.

I'd be happy to let Enki into my deed Myst on Affliction (not that he needs my permission to do that) to let him do the equation thing. The barrels are in a building named "Brewery".

He may even take a few sips, just to make sure there aren't any sour grapes in it, before he uses his QL stamp.

As for the offers to  give grapes and maple sap, thank you very much, but I don't think that would have worked out. The mere thought of having to put another grape into that press already gave me an anxiety attack.

I also have zero skill in wine making on freedom, and since skills don't go that way,  it would have been another painfull proces.

Waiting for Enki now and I will post here if things proceed.

Thanks again ❤️

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Alegria said:

...I felt that my basic english wasn't adequate to properly defend my case...

You english better than 70% of the illiterate mobs here.

Much love to all for an awesome end to this story.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Alegria said:

I felt that my basic english wasn't adequate to properly defend my case, but you all stood up and did that for me, way better than I could have.

And thank you Wurm for reaching out and not giving up on me and like Spolmit put it so splendidly to rule by the spirit of the law rather than the letter of the law.

I'd be happy to let Enki into my deed Myst on Affliction (not that he needs my permission to do that) to let him do the equation thing. The barrels are in a building named "Brewery".

He may even take a few sips, just to make sure there aren't any sour grapes in it, before he uses his QL stamp.

As for the offers to  give grapes and maple sap, thank you very much, but I don't think that would have worked out. The mere thought of having to put another grape into that press already gave me an anxiety attack.

I also have zero skill in wine making on freedom, and since skills don't go that way,  it would have been another painfull proces.

Waiting for Enki now and I will post here if things proceed.

Thanks again ❤️

It would be so sad to lose a potential opponent on Epic :)

I would never notice anything about your English - though I'm not reliable as it is not my mother tongue either.

To the main point of my answer is: Just for the record, for the achievement you don't need to do all the legwork creating the wine, the magic is done when you seal the wine barrel with that woodscrap. For the sake of safety I do pour all the smelly guey liquid to wine barrels in my inventory before I seal it with a woodscrap. That ensures that the barrel of wine will proudly bear your name on it.

EDIT: ohh and make sure you don't drink up all the stock at once when the QL check is done ... 

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Votip said:

*work of art*

Where does one learn this art?

//del

pls delete mode

Edited by Votip

I just had a visitor,

counting the barrels of wine,

WpTxmCOE.jpg

I love his outfit :)

80kF0lnn.jpg

and his magic : [15:35:20] You have received 1000 karma for 'Create 5000 liters of wine'.

I'm a bit lost for words now, so I'll just say,

The End !

• Like 21

How the hell is that thing wearing a... CLOAK??!! And we can't?

Justice, where art thou!

Enki big big thank you, to make Alegria smile again ! Happy End at end of 2018 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

There is something I should inform all of you about.

I am currently in hot water with the Wurm Online team for this action.  They are none too pleased with me.  It is not that they didn't want to help, it is policy that they followed to the letter, policy that I and Budda have put in place.  It is good policy, and they did right by it.

I have no intention of stepping on or bypassing intended mechanics.  Normally, I would have talked to Alegria and pushed for you guys to pool together and make this work without me.  In fact, for others I still highly recommend completing this achievement mechanically with the help of others if warranted.

Sometimes during the holidays, I do a few things that I would not normally tolerate during the normal mundane days of the year.... you know,  the ones that end in ay...  This season I was really overworked and gave the seniors of my team some extra play room to have a little fun which saved me a ton of holiday workload.  They did great.

Everything you guys and gals do in Wurm Online is an achievement and I do not want to diminish that.  I do my best to judge situations on their merits and in some cases I may rule in a fashion that seems against a ruling I have made before.  This is never out of favoritism or any kind of bias.  It will always be in relation to the merits of the situation and changes in the game.  These kinds of matters get me in trouble, and it leaves you with the impression that the others of my team are bad guys.  They do a fantastic job day in and out, and it is mostly a thankless and abusive job.  They deserve a lot better, and I know it hurts them when I step in and do something like this.

10 times out of 10 I will stand behind my team's decisions, so trying to 'take it up with Enki' isn't going to get you anywhere.  Many pm requests this year went unanswered because they were not worth taking time away from more pressing matters, and almost all I did respond to just got mad at me and cursed and berated me for not ruling differently.

I wish you all a happy new year, and hopefully when the team lets me out of the dog house I can enjoy it too.

• Like 14

Totally understand that Sir but what you did was pure kindness and no-one can take that away from you. It takes a big man to go with the heart rather than the head.

Have a wonderful New Year and let us hope that Wurm goes from strength to strength. With people like you and the rest of the team it surely will.

• Like 1

@Enki

I don't think anyone in this thread expected you to do this. This is a kindness that we understand not to be repeated. I for one won't be pointing at this thread and saying but you did it for her... 

You got a good team and I understand that its not their place. I was ready to help put down silver to get Alegria to finish her goals. It is true that the community should always come together in times like this, but you taking a moment to help a fellow Wurmian means a lot to us.

We won't be forgetting this act of kindness. Thank you, and happy new year!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alegria said:

I just had a visitor,

counting the barrels of wine,

WpTxmCOE.jpg

I love his outfit :)

Cute, eh?  :D

Glad to see the staff going above and beyond over the holidays.

Edited by BDCKoolaid
Trying to maintain a better attitude