Sign in to follow this  
olafhairybreeks

Idea for a high ah perk/skill

Having a really cute foal born with a slightly disappointing name, I had a thought. What if, when you hit a high level of animal husbandry (say 90 or 100) you gained the ability to change animals' names? So if you get Haltula or Yazmeenpick, or a name you just don't like, you could change it to something else. Either a name you came up with, or picking from a list like the rng does anyway. Haltula could become Penelope or Sweetswift, depending on the system used. To keep things Wurmian, have the ability to change names as an ability with a long cool down, say you could only change names every 18 or 24 hours. It would add another reason to gain husbandry skill, perhaps as part of an animal husbandry overhaul?

• Like 6

In it's current state going above 50 AH is actually a bad idea because the chances of a 5sp are actually lowered slightly beyond 50.

So massive +1 from me for better AH benefits.

Id like the option to influence color and name when breeding. Like it gives you some options that are close to the color of the parents and in names as well. higher the skill the higher chance of it taking the name and color

• Like 1

I think that horse names should be linked more closely with colour.

Perhaps a group of names linked with black horses, another group linked with white horses, and select from these groups if a foal is born a certain colour.

We've probably all had a coffeegolden who is white or an icerain that is brown - it would be nice if the names were actually more descriptive of the foal involved.

+1 any new nice ability for higher AH skill would be awesome. As it is, as Wiolo mentioned, we actually get punished for going over 50 and even more for every ten levels after, which makes no sense at all. About Muse's idea on names matching colors, I know the WU code doesn't always match that of WO, but in that code there are separate lists of names for male horses, female horses, male unicorns and female unicorns (not sure about hellhorses now those foals also get names) plus a generic names list that can be added to any of them. That means that name code would have to be pretty much completely rewritten or replaced to add in the link to color or condition in the case of unicorns. Would be nice I agree, just maybe more effort than the devs would feel like putting into it lol.

Edited by Tilda