Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

Club for Zombie Trolls

It would be fair if we could equip a zombie troll, with original club again. I understand that other weapons maybe to powerfull. But Zombie Trolls have lots of downsides:

- have to find a troll and i have to kill him before i can do rebith

- over 10 DMG I cannt rebirth them.

- they only living 24H

- If I tame another animal the zombie troll is useless bc I cannt tame him back.

- Zombies can not log off with the owner

- The strength of a Zombie may be somewhat weaker then the original

With dominate spell I can store alot of trolls and champ trolls for very long time on my deed. plus with elec.rune i can make them younger. They still have there Club. Spell difficult is only 35 (rebith has 40).

So for me it looks that rebith on trolls have alot of downsides. so it would be fair if atlast we could give the original club back to the zombie troll.

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 3

Zombie trolls are also nerfed in CR. They're weaker than actual trolls. Fun fact right? Whats the point in having this spell anyway? Dominate is soooo much more convenient

• Like 3

I think the zombie troll should be rework. Grumpysmith tried to discuss that in the priest-test. but not get a real good answer to his questions.

OR replace rebirth with dominate.

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 3

Well, also, in my opinion, there is not much point in having a troll instead of a hellhorse since it doesn't help you much. I lead a champ troll in a fight and it died in 5 seconds to archery. Entirely pointless to be fair

Not only Zombie trolls but anything "zombie" gets a CR nerf and an age nerf to it, we had this discussion in the priest overhaul and @Sindusksaid something about making the trolls atleast equip what it had on its corpse at death, meaning it could get to keep its club but not any other new equipment/tools added after.

However if they cant use clubs now then something is wrong, since surely a troll isnt supposed to use bite and kick as a pet as that is hardly 20% of its dmg with club.

Another suggestion to make rebirth interesting again was to make rebirth player corpses a good feature, make a player corpse calculate its body stats into a modifiyied dmg into bite/slash.
No gear would be equipped on the player corpse but since its a zombie obviously it SHOULD take less dmg considering nothing is fatal for it except a blow to the head.
Lets say the corpse had 50 body str and 50 bdy sta on death, when ressurected that 50 body str will be calculated into a raw dmg in bite/slash that the zombie uses. Depending on how high the players stats were in fighting it gets the CR from that player. 
The dmg could be somewhat stronger then a troll with a club around 50 body + and at 70 + it would be considerbly stronger then a troll or most other animals in the wild (non champ).

*Edit*
And as a champ player corpse it should retain the champ status (it already exists in "zombie invasion" that you randomly get champion status zombies so the coding is there) its just that they are useless for the moment. :)

Edited by Nocturnes
  • Like 4

This would make BL/Libila an interesting choice in pvp as it would be weaker then WL/Mag in the initiation of the battle with Mag having 15% Dmg bonus and dominated pets with no CR nerf, but as the battle goes on any WL who falls could be ressurected into fighting for BL which would slowly turn the favour more forward BL in long skrimishes on open land where they could more easily have time accessing a player corpse and ressurect it while in combat.

Edited by Nocturnes
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Gladiator said:

Zombie trolls are also nerfed in CR. They're weaker than actual trolls. Fun fact right? Whats the point in having this spell anyway? Dominate is soooo much more convenient

5 hours ago, Nocturnes said:

dominated pets with no CR nerf

So do dominated trolls, however the "zombie" bit adds more attacks.  Tamed/dominated pets all have cr nerfs, freedomers have complained about that for a long time as it makes them weaker than their untamed counterparts.  If zombies get an additional cr nerf for being zombie on top of the cr nerf for being a pet, then I'd say remove it in favor of removing the bonus attacks it does.

5 hours ago, Nocturnes said:

an age nerf to it, we had this discussion in the priest overhaul and @Sindusksaid something about making the trolls atleast equip what it had on its corpse at death, meaning it could get to keep its club but not any other new equipment/tools added after.

Keeping the age is fair, but dunno if it's possible to store that data and transfer it into the zombie which is prob why it doesn't already.  I thought as well that zombie trolls would keep the club, but if that isn't possible to do automagically, just allowing trolls to be equipped by weapons as long as it is restricted to huge clubs without enchants would fix it and keep it inline with dominate while preventing ridiculously op situations like before.  It would probably allow 65ql clubs vs the 45ql ones, but that could be considered a tiny bonus.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, MrGARY said:

If zombies get an additional cr nerf for being zombie on top of the cr nerf for being a pet

In that case Rebirth is total useless like Gladiator said already. Very disapointing ! I just hope there will be a rework of that spell.

Pets might need a rework as a whole with rebirth/domination/charm getting a new look at seperately, this is probably far down on the list though, shame really as rebirth was the iconic spell of Libila/hots (This person has no patience) :)

Edited by Nocturnes