Sign in to follow this  
Roccandil

Two more armor enchant suggestions

In addition to a DR-enhancing enchant, I'd also consider these:

- Allow Wind of Ages to diminish armor movement penalty, on a curve: so plate would get a very nice boost, while cloth would get nothing (and scale nearly nothing).

- Add a new armor enchant, maybe called "Attunement", that would increase spell-casting/archery bonuses by no more than 30% up to the current max of 30%. So, cloth/leather would be unaffected, but heavy armor could be improved up to 0% penalty or bonus, chain could get up to a 15% bonus, and studded could get up to a 30% bonus.

All these would be exclusive enchants with Web Armor and AoSP: you could only have one.

14 hours ago, Roccandil said:

- Allow Wind of Ages to diminish armor movement penalty, on a curve: so plate would get a very nice boost, while cloth would get nothing (and scale nearly nothing).

-1, I would say the opposite. Makes the strong stronger and the useless remain useless the way you suggested.

1 hour ago, Yiraia said:

-1, I would say the opposite. Makes the strong stronger and the useless remain useless the way you suggested.

I'm not following. Plate is nearly useless now because it's so slow, while scale is OP because of it's speed. My suggestion would narrow the gap.

How is that making the strong stronger?

On 12/29/2018 at 12:05 PM, Roccandil said:

I'm not following. Plate is nearly useless now because it's so slow, while scale is OP because of it's speed. My suggestion would narrow the gap.

How is that making the strong stronger?

You are talking to a PvE-er. In my case, we are always on horses because the animals don't target them. Plate is very suitable for hunting and cloth is what you wear when you dont want to look like a naked noob. If you dont mind the some bruises and you are really strong then cloth aint bad for hunting. Scale was not on my mind, but it would bring plate more on par with it. I'm just confused as to why you wouldnt want cloth buffed harder as well just for speed.

1 hour ago, Yiraia said:

I'm just confused as to why you wouldnt want cloth buffed harder as well just for speed.

Looks like cloth has no move penalty now, and I doubt the PvPers would like the idea of enchanted cloth being faster than naked! :)

i like the idea, regardless if all armors got a speed boost or only some...

as a pver... i agree wearing full plate's a pain 99% of the time, but having fast cloth wouldnt be bad either, so both ideas have their perks