Sign in to follow this  
Roccandil

Make Oakshell an armor enchant

Had this idea on another thread: convert Oakshell to an armor enchant that increases base DR on a curve, rather like Forest Giant Strength and Hell Strength now increase stats on a curve.

So, low DR armor, like cloth, would get a very nice boost, whereas scale would see very little.

As a balancing factor, I wouldn't allow Oakshell to stack with Web Armor or AoSP. Lower-tier armor would be able to close the DR gap with Oakshell, but only at the expense of another useful armor enchant.

At the very least, I would like to see Oakshell's affects work client side and not only server side. By affects I mean the "Glowing Aura" it provides while active.

So put throwaway/grief alts in oakshelled cloth armor, they get huge dr boosts while they can't get hit because of glancing and incredible movement speed

yeah nah

• Like 3

This is what i call a PVP suggestion coming from a PVE guy. They just don't work

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

That's what I call people protecting their advantages. :P

What do you mean by that?

1 hour ago, MrGARY said:

So put throwaway/grief alts in oakshelled cloth armor, they get huge dr boosts while they can't get hit because of glancing and incredible movement speed

yeah nah

Glancing? I was assuming each armor would keep its unique characteristics, and only get a base DR boost.

So, cloth would still be butter to huge axes.

1 minute ago, Gladiator said:

What do you mean by that?

The suggestion would lessen scale's advantage. Anyone invested in scale would have a natural reason to oppose the suggestion.

2 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

The suggestion would lessen scale's advantage. Anyone invested in scale would have a natural reason to oppose the suggestion.

DxuoSVL.png

My character don't look like it's wearing scale atm.

I've also never worn scale. I think that wearing an armor worth so much money is idiocy. And unlike other people around on these suggestion threads, im not looking to gain from +1 / -1 -ing threads, im being objective, hence even though im wearing chain i still think your idea is bad

Edited by Gladiator

21 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

Glancing? I was assuming each armor would keep its unique characteristics, and only get a base DR boost.

So, cloth would still be butter to huge axes.

yes, but cloth glances a ton.  look at any of deathangels pvp videos in cloth.  i also use a cloth hat hunting/rifting and it works better than my seryl helm because everything glances

5 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

yes, but cloth glances a ton.  look at any of deathangels pvp videos in cloth.  i also use a cloth hat hunting/rifting and it works better than my seryl helm because everything glances

This bug were ever reported or reported so long ago that became a feature?

Couse this is not a common knowledge.

10 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

This bug were ever reported or reported so long ago that became a feature?

Couse this is not a common knowledge.

I don't remember if cloth glancing was changed at all with the more recent armor updates, but cloth has been known among pvpers to have high glance rate for probably as long as I've been playing which is more than 8 years.  It's just not wise to wear if it you dont want to die, because when you do get hit you will take massive damage.  This suggestion however removes that crazy risk

The problem is not cloth. The problem is scale. In my opinion you shouldn't have the best DR in the game and run at the speed of almost naked. That's no balance, that's a sad excuse for balance

Remove all speed restrictions to every armour and make plate great again

Dammit OP, you can't suggest things for several hundred players if they'll affect a whole two or three dozen in a way that doesn't involve the world revolving around them! 

3 hours ago, MrGARY said:

Hmm. Assuming only physical counts here, and that the wiki is accurate, cloth does seem to get a decent total glance rate (135%), versus 125% for all other armors except scale (150%).

Cloth's base DR is only 40%, though, and it would take a whopping 50% increase to even match the next armor up (60%).

I think this would simply be a question of balance. If a 100 Oakshell enchant on cloth improved its base DR to be, say, 50%, would that really be OP? It's still 10% worse than leather! (And if someone says that would be useless, well, it could always be increased. :) )

2 hours ago, Gladiator said:

The problem is not cloth. The problem is scale. In my opinion you shouldn't have the best DR in the game and run at the speed of almost naked. That's no balance, that's a sad excuse for balance

I agree. But I favor indirect nerfs via buffing that which isn't OP, hence my suggestions.

7 hours ago, Mordraug said:

Dammit OP, you can't suggest things for several hundred players if they'll affect a whole two or three dozen in a way that doesn't involve the world revolving around them! 

First of all, this change adds absolutely nothing to PVE players. Nothing at all. You can play PVE naked and never die a single time ever. PVE is that easy.

Second of all, if those two or three dozen players only play PVP ,and yes most of them only play for the PVP, don't you think that a sudden imbalanced change would  make them all quit? Hmm what about all the work put into PVP the last year? Would that all go down the drain? Don't you think they will stop paying money to play an already broken game broken even further?

Just because somebody makes a PVP suggestion and PVP'rs comment on it doesn't mean we want all the attention on the freaking game, take your worthless attitude out of here if you have nothing better to say but try to make fun of people not wanting the game broken into more pieces than it already is.

mordraug's been owning pvp noobtards with epic statements and whataboutisms for so long i feel like he's managed to turn it into a paying job, guy's probably the dad on the sidelines that yells commands out to the 10 yr olds playing football and punches on with the ref after a few drinks

being weak to a huge axe won't do much if they cant keep up with you going faster than scale and dodging/glancing every hit and functioning as normal armor when you actually do win that rng and get a hit in

What the hell... You were doing so well Roccandil... I was beggining to be so proud of you. Then you go and suggest this monstrosity of a thread.

Why dont suggeest we swap the DR from Scale to Cloth and call it a day? And while at it, lets make it so all Iron weapons get a 25% DR bonus plus short swords get a 50% damage increase? 

I can't even...

2 hours ago, Gladiator said:

First of all, this change adds absolutely nothing to PVE players. Nothing at all. You can play PVE naked and never die a single time ever. PVE is that easy.

Hey! I take offense to that! 

4 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Hey! I take offense to that! 

i still don't understand how you died in scale to mobs

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

i still don't understand how you died in scale to mobs

I'm up to something like 22 deaths since death tabs. It's an art 

you can tell archaed doesn't get a say on developing new features because if he did there'd be an auto no target when you walk away from a mob