Sign in to follow this  
Ayes

20 Fighting Skill Required To Repair Guard Towers

Myself and another exile on Golden Valley (where Premium isn't possible for characters) tested this out.

You don't just need 20+ Fighting skill to repair a tower,  you have to have Premium active at the time as well.  There's a message that will specifically tell you that when you have Fighting Skill slightly over 20 with a non-prem character.

In my personal opinion, while this might be a good limitation for PvP servers (Epic and Chaos),  I'd suggest that it be reverted to not apply on strictly PvE servers (the other Freedom Isles).

On 1/18/2019 at 3:06 PM, Angelklaine said:

A person "asking politely for ketchup packets" would had made a suggestion in the suggestion forums to have it changed. Instead, op took it to an open discussion in Town Square to show his displeasure, where also everyone else has. Where is the suggestion thread?

There is a difference between making a "suggestion" to add something to the game and pointing out an unannounced change to the game with its negative implications. With this being pointed out to you I will state that this is not a "suggestion" nor does it belong in the suggestion thread, meaning then that Town Square is the appropriate section for this topic and well suited to bring this issue to players and the Developers attention, rather than just ignoring the situation.

Although to some that train their fighting skill with the appropriate gear, knowledge and healing capabilities it may be insignificant, those who do not have these advantages will not train up their fighting skill just for the purpose of improving guard towers when they would otherwise not devote any concentrated efforts to do so. Face it, it is a bad and unnecessary change for the PvE servers and from the opposition (such as yourself) there has not been presented any justification for it. Why? Because there is no positive reason to require 20.00 fighting skill to repair guard towers on the PvE servers. This is the obvious conclusion reached from further reading all the responses within this thread.

Point proven. Now it is up to the Developers to remove this unnecessary detrimental requirement on the PvE servers or not to bother to do anything about it. This is the real remaining issue to be resolved (or not). The rug has been lifted to expose the mess underneath.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
yep
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ayes said:

There is a difference between making a "suggestion" to add something to the game and pointing out an unannounced change to the game with its negative implications. With this being pointed out to you I will state that this is not a "suggestion" nor does it belong in the suggestion thread, meaning then that Town Square is the appropriate section for this topic and well suited to bring this issue to players and the Developers attention, rather than just ignoring the situation.

Although to some that train their fighting skill with the appropriate gear, knowledge and healing capabilities it may be insignificant, those who do not have these advantages will not train up their fighting skill just for the purpose of improving guard towers when they would otherwise not devote any concentrated efforts to do so. Face it, it is a bad and unnecessary change for the PvE servers and from the opposition (such as yourself) there has not been presented any justification for it. Why? Because there is no positive reason to require 20.00 fighting skill to repair guard towers on the PvE servers. This is the obvious conclusion reached from further reading all the responses within this thread.

Point proven. Now it is up to the Developers to remove this unnecessary detrimental requirement on the PvE servers or not to bother to do anything about it. This is the real remaining issue to be resolved (or not). The rug has been revealed to expose the mess underneath.

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

Please point where I said I am opposed to these change.