Sign in to follow this  
Seraph

[More Discussion Wanted] Research Feature

i was just pondering and i got a better response than i bargained for so here is the convo
i don't have a solid idea on it as it was more just a passing thought but it might be interesting to get more discussion on it

[19:16:18] <Seraphrattle> do you think wurm will ever have a research feature?
[19:17:00] <Crezena> what does a research feature do in yur vision?
[19:18:04] <Seraphrattle> sumn' .. i dunno maybe hire sum1 to research sumn' .. maybe give me 1 more unit of food when i harvest
[19:19:40] <Crezena> maybe something where you can complete a research (possibly noting it in a handbook) for each item in the game, weight req, skill, volume etc and earn skilll ticks in the main skill for that item
[19:20:26] <Crezena> then you get an in game source of quality informaiton, anther use of books, a reason to find or build each item, and skill rewards
[19:20:35] <Seraphrattle> that's a better suggestion than mine
[19:21:06] <Kalen> Only if priests get to research spells. </grump>
[19:21:48] <Crezena> maybe you can research enchanted items to get bless vessel courier aiso cc etc
[19:22:02] <Crezena> aosp*
[19:22:21] <Kalen> I just want an alternate way to raise Channeling.
[19:22:36] <Kalen> I don't think one is *needed*, I just want one.
[19:22:47] <Crezena> i cant see it giving more than like 1 point of skill divided by the number of items or somethign so as to not be OP
[19:22:51] <Midgaar> my alternate way to raise channelling is to just make everything out of seryll so i don't have to
[19:22:56] <Midgaar> boom, problem solved
[19:23:55] <Crezena> I absolutely will never bother to make a forums suggesiton btw so if anyone thinks thats a good way to do a research please feel free to take it and run with it