Sign in to follow this  
Sarcofax

Please lower the Christmas Greeting sound

Hello,

I was playing when some music started to play and said something like Merry Christmas to all Wurmians. It was nice but I have heart problems, so please reduce the volume and make a less extreme transition.

Merry Christmas to all development team.

Regards,

Sarcofax

edit: now I got it twice in a row. If this continues, I'll have to mute my computer completely

Edited by Sarcofax
  • Like 2

What are you talking about, i'm not hearing any sound?

I heard it three times and I'm not the only one, others in my Alliance heard it too. It's some kind of music, even I have my music muted.

32 minutes ago, Sarcofax said:

I heard it three times and I'm not the only one, others in my Alliance heard it too. It's some kind of music, even I have my music muted.

I'll turn all sound sources on. I'm really curious now lol.

• Like 2

Does it sound a bit like jinglebells?

If so, then someone is patting a straw goat in local.

• Like 1

Sounds reminiscent of when gnomes were first introduced, to my knowledge those were muted years ago but might have found their voices again. 

Edit : tested the few on our deeds, no singing, but I do know of a location where that sound byte exists, whereabouts are you in the world of Wurm?

Edited by Uisge_Beatha
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Uisge_Beatha said:

Sounds reminiscent of when gnomes were first introduced, to my knowledge those were muted years ago but might have found their voices again. 

Edit : tested the few on our deeds, no singing, but I do know of a location where that sound byte exists, whereabouts are you in the world of Wurm?

O8, Lunar Order Academy. I was happily grooming my 2 horses when I heard it first. I was like ARGGGGG, SOMEBODY'S ATTACKING MEEEEE!! But no, it was only music. :S

It's true I'm easily startled, but well whatever... I hope I don't hear it again.

Happens when you examine the snowman so it seems (but only once). Plays this song fairly loud -- 

Also seems to be an AoE and plays if others also examine the snowman. At least that's what it seemed to be last night, not sure if it changed since.

Edited by Enuf

1 minute ago, Enuf said:

Happens when you examine the snowman so it seems (but only once). Plays this song fairly loud -- 

Also seems to be an AoE and plays if others also examine the snowman. At least that's what it seemed to be last night, not sure if it changed since.

Oh I see, thanks!

Yes, it's incredibly loud on my PC as well, like standing just in front of the speakers in a heavy metal concert. Almost fell out of my chair when I first heard it. Seems to bypass all Wurm sound settings, thus played with full volume, whatever the speakers can produce. I switched off my speakers as well, can't have more than 1 heart attack per day. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eobersig said:

Yes, it's incredibly loud on my PC as well, like standing just in front of the speakers in a heavy metal concert. Almost fell out of my chair when I first heard it. Seems to bypass all Wurm sound settings, thus played with full volume, whatever the speakers can produce. I switched off my speakers as well, can't have more than 1 heart attack per day. :)

I feel you, specially at the beginning of the song. Well, it's over now! I hope they lower the volume.