Sign in to follow this  
CrazyDad543

Gui for filleting

As the title says I would like to be able to fillet meat using the crafting window. I like to be able to load it all up and keep clicking to keep repeating the actions. 

• Like 2

+1 to this. Doesnt make sense that we need to use the right click menu for filleting. Please add it to the crafting window for a great QoL improvement!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Angelklaine said:

+1 to this. Doesnt make sense that we need to use the right click menu for filleting. Please add it to the crafting window for a great QoL improvement!

just key bind it.

i believe its filleting but the key bind name is one letter off from the actual action name in the right click menu, so its confusing sometimes.

3 hours ago, Arium said:

just key bind it.

i believe its filleting but the key bind name is one letter off from the actual action name in the right click menu, so its confusing sometimes.

Or it could be added to the recipe menu when chopping. I mean, it works for dice and mince. Why not Fillet?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

I mean, it works for dice and mince. Why not Fillet?

dice and mince are part of the updated cooking system, whereas filleting is part of butchering. Two completely different systems made about 10 years apart.

as for why its not in the craft window, filleting skillgain is a flat amount not effected by timer and the diff of the craft is equal to the damage on the meat but ql doesn't effect it, and it makes multiple products per craft that changes depending on the weight of what you're filleting. It's simply incompatible with the normal crafting window and would be an absolute mess trying to get it to work in it.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

22 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

dice and mince are part of the updated cooking system, whereas filleting is part of butchering. Two completely different systems made about 10 years apart.

as for why its not in the craft window, filleting skillgain is a flat amount not effected by timer and the diff of the craft is equal to the damage on the meat but ql doesn't effect it, and it makes multiple products per craft that changes depending on the weight of what you're filleting. It's simply incompatible with the normal crafting window and would be an absolute mess trying to get it to work in it.

The crafting window handles different skill checks and results for different crafts. Hell, it checks for weight and quality to make its calculations. I fail to see how any of these things make it impossible to get it to work. Using the crafting window is exactly the same as using the right click menu (or should be) so I don't see why the same calculations used for the right click menu cannot be applied to the crafting window. The window is simply a easier to use interface to an already pre-existing system.

???

"The crafting window handles different skill checks and results for different crafts. Hell, it checks for weight and quality to make its calculations."

Yes, where ql is used for the success check. Filleting uses damage, which in the craft menu, would be automatically turned into a lower ql material, which wouldn't effect skillgain in craft menu, whereas with the filet action (not crafting, a completely seperate system) would, so that'd have to be reworked to allow filleting. There isn't anything as far as i'm aware that'll make extra product based on the weight of what's being crafted, and the crafting menu wouldn't check for that, so it'd have to revert to cutting off .3 weight each time, or again, reworked. 

9 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Using the crafting window is exactly the same as using the right click menu (or should be) so I don't see why the same calculations used for the right click menu cannot be applied to the crafting window.

It's not. Filleting is completely seperate from crafting, as i explained before. Filleting and crafting aren't the same thing, skillgain is different, difficulty calculation is different, action timer is different, items being created is different, the only things in common between filleting and crafting is that you use a tool on a product and skillgain is from 1.01-39.99ql rolls.

Open up WU, turn filleting into a crafting recipe, see how well it works, then come back and comment on it. Just because it seems simple on the surface doesn't mean it's going to be easy to implement in the game.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

3 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Open up WU, turn filleting into a crafting recipe, see how well it works, then come back and comment on it. Just because it seems simple on the surface doesn't mean it's going to be easy to implement in the game.

Okay so are you saying it shouldn't be done because its hard?

My personal thoughts are that it would be a hacked together fix that would spend a lot of development time to put in, and a lot more in the future to fix because it'd be wonky as hell due to the two systems being completely different, and would most likely end up with a window of opportunity when/if it breaks. It's not impossibly hard, but it's a hell of a lot of dev time just to add a single action to the crafting window, and wouldn't make anything in the future easier as i really doubt butchering gonna get any new mechanics/subskills in the future.

I don't really care either way i'd still just use the filet keybind as i have to empty my inventory every few seconds or so because i filet 1 piece a second or so with my knife and a crafting window wouldn't help me whatsoever, but what the devs want to waste their time on is up to them. If they get it to work without much trouble all the power to them, but when i was doing modding for a WU private server at one point we played around with butchering QOL stuff, like craft menu and dropping filets into a pile if your inventory was full, and it didn't work very well with the craft window at all.

2 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

My personal thoughts are that it would be a hacked together fix that would spend a lot of development time to put in, and a lot more in the future to fix because it'd be wonky as hell due to the two systems being completely different, and would most likely end up with a window of opportunity when/if it breaks. It's not impossibly hard, but it's a hell of a lot of dev time just to add a single action to the crafting window, and wouldn't make anything in the future easier as i really doubt butchering gonna get any new mechanics/subskills in the future.

I don't really care either way i'd still just use the filet keybind as i have to empty my inventory every few seconds or so because i filet 1 piece a second or so with my knife and a crafting window wouldn't help me whatsoever, but what the devs want to waste their time on is up to them. If they get it to work without much trouble all the power to them, but when i was doing modding for a WU private server at one point we played around with butchering QOL stuff, like craft menu and dropping filets into a pile if your inventory was full, and it didn't work very well with the craft window at all.

I get you. 

However, I am very skeptical to use what we know about WU as an explanation to the way things work in WO because the devs have said many times the two systems are different. I've also heard them say how hard is to do one thing or another, or how they can't honor a request because of the amount of dev time it would take or how it is not their current focus, only to have them release it on the next patch (i.e. Libila on Freedom). I just make or +1 the suggestions with the hope it gets implemented someday.  God knows there's plenty of crazy devs out there that work on the strangest of things :D