Sign in to follow this  
monsterix

[No Bug] Nahjo cant use support beam to reinforce wall

As title says, i tried with Nahjo priest reinforce wall but got following message [21:49:29] Nahjo would not approve of that.

Not sure if this is what OP was doing, but you need to use support reinforcements on floors, can't strongwall a floor (or the tile fills in.)

59 minutes ago, Mitzie said:

Not sure if this is what OP was doing, but you need to use support reinforcements on floors, can't strongwall a floor (or the tile fills in.)

Yes, makes sense what you write. The devs or GM should comment whether using support beams by Nahjo priests is wanted. That some restrictions have been lifted for priests does not mean that there are none.

Mag was never allowed to use beams, the others who can strongwall follow suit

17 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

Mag was never allowed to use beams, the others who can strongwall follow suit

I just double checked my logs to make sure, Mag was definitely able to use beams.

• Like 1

yeah for some reason im thinking of shaker orbs, im blaming too much chocolate for christmas

11 hours ago, Ekcin said:

can't Nahjo priests strongwall?

Yes it can cast, Nahjo can mine and cast strongwall, but not use beams. When i asked from CA help i got following answer:

[21:50:36] <Faiwyn> Nahjo can mine but cant reinforce walls with mine support but can cast strongwall, is that how it should work?
[21:51:25] <Figs> (Del) sounds like a bug, I know I could use supports on my Mag before
[21:53:41] <Timothymarker> Indeed, I see no reason why Fo/Nahjjo should not be able to use mine supports
[21:54:21] <Faiwyn> [21:49:29] Nahjo would not approve of that.
[21:55:44] <Timothymarker> I advise to file a bug report in server bug forum, I assume it's not intended
[21:56:08] <Faiwyn> i will
[21:56:14] <Timothymarker> Thanks!

• Like 1

Added to the list, a dev will have to address as to whether it's intended or a bug.

Hey everyone, sorry for the confusion. We should've added additional information to the change log regarding how player god priest restrictions work.

Priest restrictions are based entirely on the template god. For example, Nahjo's template god is Fo. This means any priest restrictions that apply to Fo would also apply to Nahjo. In this case, Fo cannot apply support beams, and therefore neither can Nahjo. Because Magranon is able to apply support beams, this infers that Smeagain also can apply support beams (since Smeagain is a demigod of Magranon).

I do see how strange it appears with Nahjo being able to reinforce with a spell, but not with a beam. However, this isn't a bug and instead just a side effect of re-rolling the spell lists. We're open to suggestions for changing this, and would ask that you make a new thread in the suggestions forum mentioning it.

Again, sorry for the confusion and hopefully this helps clarify similar situations in the future.

• Like 1