Sign in to follow this  
kochinac

Thread about solution for dispelling specific enchant

Ok not sure if this belongs here or to suggestion section but I would like to discuss possible solutions about dispelling specific enchant. There was quite debate about that recently in the priest update thread and a lot of players feel that it is something that is necessary and would be something that will make life so easier but no concrete solution of how it should be done was suggested.

The way I see it it would rather have to open new window on some view enchants action in which would be possible to move enchants in order that you please so you can place the one you want at top to be affected with dispell.

Or give every priest new spell shuffle enchants which would randomly move order untill the one you want removed comes at top. 

Or at casting dispell confirm window open where you select spell which might be overkill.

What do you think? Any other ideas? Thoughts?

In the past I have suggested a list that appears when you dispel an item,

for example - say you want to dispel a large axe with 3 enchants:  humans demise, frostbrand and nimbleness. When you cast dispel the list appears and you tick the box for the one you wish to remove, the spells with higher difficulty requiring higher channelling to remove as they would to enchant at higher power in the first place.

Edited by Firecat
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Firecat said:

In the past I have suggested a list that appears when you dispel an item,

for example - say you want to dispel a large axe with 3 enchants:  humans demise, frostbrand and nimbleness. When you cast dispel the list appears and you tick the box for the one you wish to remove, the spells with higher difficulty requiring higher channelling to remove as they would to enchant at higher power in the first place.

But if you only have one spell? You would have list with one spell to tick? I find that overly unnecessary...

Also why complicating it with spell difficulty? Aren't most of the spells on items of pretty much same difficulty? Didnt quite understood what you meant by that

30 minutes ago, kochinac said:

But if you only have one spell? You would have list with one spell to tick? I find that overly unnecessary...

Also why complicating it with spell difficulty? Aren't most of the spells on items of pretty much same difficulty? Didnt quite understood what you meant by that

It would be common sense that in your scenario it wouldn't display a dialog window, and would attempt to just dispel the single enchant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kochinac said:

No a display list would not appear if there was only one spell, and the fact is it does not over complicate spell difficulty since it already exists in the form of putting different enchantments on items anyway.

The thread had a good amount of traction but nothing ever happened, maybe a Christmas miracle will happen with all the priest changes going on currently!

Edited by Firecat
  • Like 1