Sign in to follow this  
Pride

[Issue] Lose Faith when I hit my skill hotkey.

Not sure if it has been reported. I am a Magranon Priest, and I can't dig. I do however have a dig hotkey that I use for other characters. I was set to unfaithful with a Pickaxe activated, and every time I hit the dig keybind I was losing 0.1 faith for each hit of the key. No action was started or finished because I didn't even have a shovel to use in my inventory. All I did was hit the hotkey button.

Below is a screenshot of me hitting the hotkey. The first six losses are how many actions I was able to queue. The last faith decrease was me realizing what the issue was.

EDqw2ee.png

That's a bug with faith in general, you don't need to complete the action in order to lose faith ?

Your god punishes you for impure thoughts of digging

Will check if it's intended or not 

You do not need to be unfaithful to lose the faith.  I lost a complete point that way with nothing activated.

6 hours ago, Pashka said:

You do not need to be unfaithful to lose the faith.  I lost a complete point that way with nothing activated.

I have hit wrong keybinds on priest accounts a crazy amount of times, imping, digging, mining, player gods, template gods, you name it.  Not one single time have I lost an ounce of faith.  Every single time it tells you "xxx does not approve"

Guess you were lucky or I was unlucky.  I was inside a house with nothing equipped and my dig key was hit and I took a faith hit for each stroke.

If you go unfaithful, this happens.  If you do not toggle unfaithful, you never lose faith.  I'll add it to the list, but I'm not sure if it's intended or not as you did go unfaithful.

I tested with faithful on and did not lose faith with the keybind spammed.  As soon as I went unfaithful, I lost faith - which of course is a choice.

Bump.

Had my button unfaithfull turned on by mistake and didn't noticed. So while in a cave, on a mag priest i used a wrong key button, dig to pile instead of mine so it lost faith imidetly. I know it's my mistake and i should have know better then trippe check if any unfaithfull buttons are turned off by mistake on my priest, but still if it's not intended feature pelase fix.

77f5f33dc9254f571083445dc8cca8c0.png

18 hours ago, Tor said:

Bump.

Had my button unfaithfull turned on by mistake and didn't noticed. So while in a cave, on a mag priest i used a wrong key button, dig to pile instead of mine so it lost faith imidetly. I know it's my mistake and i should have know better then trippe check if any unfaithfull buttons are turned off by mistake on my priest, but still if it's not intended feature pelase fix.

77f5f33dc9254f571083445dc8cca8c0.png

Allowing the player to untick faithful is an intended feature, and will yield a faith loss at the beginning of the unfaithful action. Take care to not accidentally activate unfaithful.

It used to do this if unfaithful was activated or not.

3 hours ago, ausimus said:

Allowing the player to untick faithful is an intended feature, and will yield a faith loss at the beginning of the unfaithful action. Take care to not accidentally activate unfaithful.

I understand that, but it was the "unfaithful"l action was performed in a cave where you can't dig while activated pickaxe, a tool that you can't dig with. It was just a keybind for a action that can't be performed

Edited by Tor

42 minutes ago, Tor said:

I understand that, but it was the "unfaithful"l action was performed in a cave where you can't dig while activated pickaxe, a tool that you can't dig with. It was just a keybind for a action that can't be performed

The system should not even allow you to trigger an action that is not possible. regardless of unfaithful setting or not.

like in this example if you  hit the "dig to pile" hotkey in a cave the system should just ignore that action or display a message that the action is not possible

Had a cat hit the dig key on one mine.  I lost over a full point of faith which at 100 faith is a mess to get back.  I was inside a house.  But I did have the hotkey.

the "faith" check should come after a succesful action not at the beginning of action ud think.