Sign in to follow this  
Gladiator

Useless christmas gifts

I like the snowman. If you don't like the gifts that are handed out, you don't have to check your tree for gifts.

There is nothing anywhere that says that you will get a gift on Christmas. I think those that are ungrateful should have their snowmen statues replaced with something truly useful. A yellow potion.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, zethreal said:

There is nothing anywhere that says that you will get a gift on Christmas. I think those that are ungrateful should have their snowmen statues replaced with something truly useful. A yellow potion.

;) *grin* Yet, gifts are given out in social life to strengthen relationships (like i am taming my pig ?), so it is not unimportant to make people happy or at least content.  But alas, you can never satisfy everybody, and my impression is that the snowman was widely appreciated.

Even those whining could prolly sell theirs for a good price.

Edited by Ekcin
typo
  • Like 2

don't forget about the other free gift

/redeemkey AEN445TKGK8X-N6AP97SC3KGQ

say it in chat NOW! get 3 free days of premium

Yes the greed of the holidays is not good and all, I dont give gifts unless I make them by hand.

• Like 1

Just now, Jeston said:

Yes the greed of the holidays is not good and all, I dont give gifts unless I make them by hand.

+1

12 hours ago, LumpyGravy said:

don't forget about the other free gift

/redeemkey AEN445TKGK8X-N6AP97SC3KGQ

say it in chat NOW! get 3 free days of premium

How did you find out about this? I have never seen any announcement about it. Very peculiar and makes me leery about doing this. I would like to have more information about this mysterious "free gift".

=Ayes=

7 minutes ago, Ayes said:

How did you find out about this? I have never seen any announcement about it. Very peculiar and makes me leery about doing this. I would like to have more information about this mysterious "free gift".

=Ayes=

it was in the newsletter this month,

ended on the 27th so might be over now

EDIT: I didn't see it at first ether but thanks to KimmieInPink and friends I did not miss it totally! https://www.twitch.tv/kimmieinpink

Edited by LumpyGravy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, LumpyGravy said:

it was in the newsletter this month

Thank you for the response. It is more clear to me now where this information came from. By "newsletter" are you referring to something that is sent to our email address? If so this explains why I never noticed this since I don't check those as they just seem repetitive of what can be found on the forums for news and such.

=Ayes=

Maybe we should keep a list...

Gifts are just that. They're something special we do every year. If anything, this thread goes to show how many people appreciate the gifts we give regardless of how "useful" they are.

So congrats. You played yourself. :)

• Like 11

Thank you Keenan, and all other staff to for the christmas gift. I appreciate it, as its a nice thing to do for us, even though all the negative nancy's are singing their woes of entitlement. I bet they soon want to speak to a manager to.

• Like 1

i like the free gifts.. doesn't matter if i can use them or not.. would it be nice to make/pick my own gift ugh ya sure but wheres the fun in that ?

I think it is a good deal, the Christmas Gift.  It is in the spirt of giving, and regardless of what it is, the wife and I were eagerly awaiting it. That we need to be premium to get it, is just fair to the game IMO.   On that note, A happy holidays to all.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2018 at 4:18 AM, Ayes said:

By "newsletter" are you referring to something that is sent to our email address? If so this explains why I never noticed this since I don't check those as they just seem repetitive of what can be found on the forums for news and such. 

I wasn't even aware of those emails, and I happened to find this recent newsletter in my spam folder...  I really wish that /redeemkey code had been made more visible. It seems like something worthy enough to have been noted in the Valrei International update.

On 12/27/2018 at 7:47 AM, Keenan said:

this thread goes to show how many people appreciate the gifts we give regardless of how "useful" they are

I would have really appreciated that /redeemkey gift if I had been aware of it in time, being how useful it really would have been. I truly hope that is something that can be offered again in the future.

For a long while I have wished that I could claim the extra pottery valentine flowers from my (previously premiumed) mayor alts. There were a couple that I forgot to claim when  I had the chance, but there has also been an additional valentines key code given to us since then. I was very disappointed the other day to find that I just barely missed the opportunity to finally claim all those flowers. It seems a bit odd that the gift has already expired while Santa still stands at the spawn. Christmas day has passed, but there is still that generous window of time given for us to make our visit to him before the New Year. I would have expected the key code to last at least as long as that.