Sign in to follow this  
Gladiator

Useless christmas gifts

Ok so, some of the gifts given in this game were extremely good, even borderline overpowered. But there's a trend nowadays with completely useless ones : Snowman , goat, reindeer. You used to get things that had at least a use, like the saddle sacks with extra inventory space, now it's 0 use whatsoever. Why?

Edited by Gladiator
  • Like 1

At least the others are nice decorations. I have no idea what to do with my snowman. Does it have a special ability like hold snowballs so they dont decay? That would be awesome. I mean, its a container.

Idk it is a "free" gift, to complain about free things seems weird.

Some people may like it, some don't... thats how it is with gifts I guess.

That aside, it was hinted at by a dev that these Snowmans have some sort of secret and if people dispose of them for whatever reason they won't be replaced.

So, just have to figure out what they do... only hint was said to be the examine text:

"A statue of a snowman with his hands held out as if offering something."

Good luck.

• Like 5

If it produces snow balls, I'd settle for that lol. Off season snowballs would come in handy for larders.

• Like 8

If you give out stuff with use, such as farwalker amulet, bok, spyglass, sculpting wand etc that has no real craft-able alternative, people think it's unfair to future players as they have 0 way to get it without paying out the ass. farwalkers are disabled with enemies in local and spyglasses are given out for a year of prem now so they're not as bad as they used to be.

Having something that's useful has the potential to unbalance the game towards veterans/people with money, whereas a decoration the worst thing that can happen is people don't like how it looks. or like, a gnome steals the shelves out of your containers or something.

• Like 3

Here we go again lol

But tbh I thought it might serve as a magic larder without shelves and need to stock it with snowballs when I saw it's a container. That would be cool but it looks like it isn't really container no open option...

I agree they seem to be useless to me but on another hand they I gifts and devs already gave us so much by improving this game so I don't really care to complain much. Would be cool if someone shares any discovery about them cuz I'm clueless :D

Just now, Oblivionnreaver said:

If you give out stuff with use, such as farwalker amulet, bok, spyglass, sculpting wand etc that has no real craft-able alternative, people think it's unfair to future players as they have 0 way to get it without paying out the ass. farwalkers are disabled with enemies in local and spyglasses are given out for a year of prem now so they're not as bad as they used to be.

Having something that's useful has the potential to unbalance the game towards veterans/people with money, whereas a decoration the worst thing that can happen is people don't like how it looks. or like, a gnome steals the shelves out of your containers or something.

I disagree. The last two years they gave us rather nice gifts which neither break the game nor have insane market value (Picnic Basket, Saddle Sacks). Those were pretty amazing gifts with use and value, but not so much as to break the game. However, when compared to a Christmas decoration which the novelty will wear off in a week (people dont often use seasonal decorations off season) then one can see where people don't appreciate them as much.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

If it produces snow balls, I'd settle for that lol. Off season snowballs would come in handy for larders.

That would be awesome too ?

• Like 3

I think it has special powers that haven't be unrevealed yet. Gnomes like to steal for example.

12 minutes ago, kochinac said:

devs already gave us so much by improving this game so I don't really care to complain much

lol. we dont pay for it by buying prem??????

• Like 2

i hope that in 2019 i'll get socks from santa

my mother gives me socks every christmas

• Like 3

Usually i don't complain on gifts. I loved reinders, i loved yule goats i enjoy pretty much everything. 
However this Snowman doesn't fit to anything :(

• Like 1

As long as I have family, friends and good health, I am grateful for anything else.

Thank you team and a Happy Christmas to everyone.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

lol. we dont pay for it by buying prem??????

They aren't obliged to give you present for Christmas and they aren't obliged that that present be cool either for the price of premium ;) They are also not obliged to put so much new content, what you pay is renting your character to run on their server and nothing more. They are just trying to make that renting experience as rich and pleasant as possible and to motivate you to stay with it and presents it they want but in the same time not to break balance.

I agree I would like that present have some useful and unique function but if devs don't see it like that ok. Every year is same drama and whining about presents, if you don't like it sell it for silver or two someone will probably like it and move on still better than nothing. You can't be disappointed if you don't expect anything :D

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

That would be great. I somewhow manage to miss like 9 out of 10 winters.

• Like 1

Please give me the Christmas gifts that you don’t want for free. I usually pay, but for you I will respect your opinion and make an exception.

• Like 1

The center of the model is the tip of the hands..... getting excited :D

Edited by Jaz

1 hour ago, kochinac said:

They aren't obliged to give you present for Christmas and they aren't obliged that that present be cool either for the price of premium ;) They are also not obliged to put so much new content,

+1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Or you know, you could wait and see

Check them again today :) 

Spoiler

spoiler removed lol, who knows they may give more than one type of item anyway

Edited by Tilda
  • Like 1

Some of the Christmas presents I find to be really nice. My favorite is the Picnic Basket since I keep it in my house on deed with a hot meal inside that will stay that way. Then if I only log on sporadically for some time it will remain hot and without decay until completely eaten. Yule reindeer is pretty nice with all the sparkles. Yule goat looks pretty good and hop when petted. Red hat Gnomes were a cool gift too. Saddle sacks I don't use since I don't like to have saddles on horses all the time, rather have them wandering around the farms.

This snowman though I am not very impressed by since it is so seasonal to Christmas and winter. So displaying it somewhere on deed throughout the year would seem to me to be more out of place than all the rest. Maybe tuck it away somewhere not too prominent to view will be my approach. If there is some secret use for it then ok, we shall see if it seems of more worth. Having it make snowballs dosen't do much for me either. These gifts are all just to the personal tastes of the individual. What can ya do.....

=Ayes=

I don't care what others think...I love the present! Thanks devs!  :) Send them my way if you don't like yours :)  (I pay.)

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Tilda said:

Check them again today :) (sorry it was dark)

Spoiler

SPOILERS! :(

Edited by Niki
  • Like 1

I love the snowmen! Why all the hate for getting free, Christmas themed stuff? I don't understand that reaction whatsoever. 

• Like 4