Sign in to follow this  
Mordraug

Fishing "rewards" aka new decorations

Seen a lot of the effort vs rewards for fishing... archaeology having added a whole new level of decoration with new statues.. why not... follow that trend.... SINCE WE'RE OWED CAPES... *ahem* sorry about that....

Embalm fish and mount them! 

Embalming the fish could be a multi-step process involving uuuh... lye, moonshine, a knife, and wax (to use existing assets), or a simple process involving an activated wax and a rightclick.

4 plaque sizes (small, medium, large, huge... from herring to big bad shark).

4 materials maybe?  Marble, Slate, Wood, and Stone (stone slab style).

Only fish about 90ql, aka over a certain weight for its own species will work.... a PRIZE fish.... the humble sardine may weight nothing but if you get King Sardine in your net, may as well mount it for amusement.

-------

Alternatively, leave the "small" category out.  Use catfish, trout, (did we get salmon?), octopus, sharks, marlin, sailfish, dorado, tuna.

Then herrings, sardines, roaches, and such tinies you need like 5 or 6, or one of each, to make medium sized multi-guppy displays.

I guess it could have a base like tapestries and weapon displays and such.... the kind you push into walls =D 

Thoughts?

• Like 3

And a blank plaque for the one that got away.

There is a tradition of many public houses in UK buying large fish from anglers to mount and display on the tavern wall - accompanied by outlandishly tall stories to entertain the customers, I think this would look authentic.

+1

• Like 1

Not sure why they removed fishing trophy. I'm fairly sure fishing is very incomplete so I expect more will be added.