Sign in to follow this  
Clova

[Fixed] Painted Buoys look like they lose colour when picked up and placed/secured

I had a line of buoys on the ground in front of me and painted the barrels and the lamps.
When I picked them up and placed them again, they look like they lose their colour even though when examined, they are still painted.
Also no colour shows when secured in water.
https://imgur.com/a/ZJ0nm53

Do the lights shine with the "color"?

I don't know currently if the barrels should have a color, or if it is like other light sources and the "light" is colored and the actually item shows no color.

So either it's a bug that it shows colored in the first place or it's a bug that no color shows after. 

Either way  it is being looked at and the devs will let us know if it is or isn't a bug ?

So safe to assume at this point in time still need to take paint with me and try to color them after being placed in the water only? Pretty sure someone told me it works that way but not tested it yet.

Edit:  just tested it with a couple of them, it does work if you plant the buoy in water first and then paint them. First I dyed only the lamps, and the color was still there only faded looking when I went a few tiles away then came back to look. I then colored the barrels as well and they all stayed colored then, barrels and lamps. (be sure you plant them btw rather than drop them on the ground like I did my first one lol, dumb move, at the bottom of the ocean somewhere now)

Edited by Tilda
updated