Sign in to follow this  
Rudie

Vale Wintersolstice

Really heartbreaking... Winter was always a great guy, he definitely was a unique kind of dude.

R.I.P. Winter

We didn’t know eachother well, but he was one of those players who seemed very good at heart and helped me out in my early days on Chaos. 

It’s a very sad read. It’s heavy when someone leaves us and unfortunately many close friends in wurm have done so over the years... as a small comfort, we will always have our stories to remember them by. ❤️

Rest in peace, my condolences to his family.

Edited by Sharkin

It's saddening to come back to the forums and game after a few years away and hear about the death of a friend.  I didn't spend a great deal of time on Wild, and only met Winter a couple times in-game, but I chatted with him quite a bit.

I still remember a collaborative effort between us to create high quality lye.  My job was to create a 90+ QL flint and steel.  He chopped 90+ QL logs.  One of his villagers brought a small cart of 90+ QL logs to HoM and I cut up all his logs making the highest quality kindling I could.  Then I ran around making hundreds of campfires and letting them burn out, collecting the highest quality ashes, and using them to make lye.

Back then, high quality lye was not a trivial creation.

I think that the best lye I managed to create was in the 85 QL range, and there wasn't a lot of it, but back in those days, careful filling of a flask with various grains and veggies would yield free space in the flask of some absurdly low volume of liquid, and there was no volume check on tanning hides.

I cannot begin to estimate how many times I have been driving and looked at a construction site and had thoughts of Wurm.  I do not know if he was a religious man in real life, but I can easily imagine Winter walking through the Pearly Gates, stopping, and asking St. Peter:

"Excuse me, but where is the Newbie Mine?"

I had no idea he passed away,

Goodbye Winter, I have missed you and will continue to miss you