Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

idle too long in water as it very slowly uses stamina!

I think this is a great update and makes sense i hope it isn't a bug and if it is, you should keep it in game. Makes sense. Idk why I can float for hours and not die from exhaustion.

• Like 2

You don't need stamina or energy to float, you don't die after hours in the water irl, I mean I hate to bring realism to the table but people float for days waiting to be rescued in the ocean ?

• Like 2

Realistically, it really depends on the person (and obviously water conditions)

some prople freak out who dont know how how to swim, and can’t float to save their lives.

others who have had practice or know how to swim, spend zero effort. It’s very easy to stay afloat, even in ocean water / at the beach / ect. (From personal experience, I live at the beach :P) you don’t have to paddle or anything, once you get the hang of it. So realistically, it could swing either way.

but it makes more sense not to drown, considering our characters know how to swim well enough before running out of stamina.

• Like 1

Earlier this year we had an incident with one of our cruise lines where a crewmember fell into the water and was rescued 22 hours later after by a different cruise ship from another company. I was on the team that inspected the ship when it made the port call after the incident, so I know its real.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/miraculous-rescue-man-saved-in-ocean-22-hours-after-falling-from-cruise-ship/

People can thread water for long periods of time, and even just floating you can survive extended periods of time. Our bodies are built to float. Unless you are trying to say that players should drown after hours and hours of not moving in water, then it is not realistic.

In other words, this bug is not realistic, so using realism as an excuse to not fix it is wrong.

• Like 1

Bug or not, water SHOULD be threatening. It's actually a realistic bug, it probably should stay in the game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Earlier this year we had an incident with one of our cruise lines where a crewmember fell into the water and was rescued 22 hours later after by a different cruise ship from another company. I was on the team that inspected the ship when it made the port call after the incident, so I know its real.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/miraculous-rescue-man-saved-in-ocean-22-hours-after-falling-from-cruise-ship/

People can thread water for long periods of time, and even just floating you can survive extended periods of time. Our bodies are built to float. Unless you are trying to say that players should drown after hours and hours of not moving in water, then it is not realistic.

In other words, this bug is not realistic, so using realism as an excuse to not fix it is wrong.

The more salt in water the better buoyancy. Were talking wurm days..

• Like 1

I feel most of you don't have the stamina for 22 hours floating. 

You would cramp up

But then again the amount of salt in wurm I feel like we could all float like rafts. 

A torn mind right now. 

I would defo panic and drown

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mclavin said:

But then again the amount of salt in wurm I feel like we could all float like rafts. 

So you mean on Chaos people would never drown? Hell, with the amount of salt on Chaos we should be able to walk all the way to Deliverance.

2 hours ago, Mclavin said:

I feel most of you don't have the stamina for 22 hours floating

Also, neither did the guy who fell into the water. Trust me. He wasnt an olympic swimmer lol.

• Like 1

Well, with all the people taking salt out of the water now for cooking purposes, maybe in a few years there will be less salt.

maybe bring the suggestion back up then :P

• Like 1

Consider the fact we drink water I assume there is no salt.

Drown me daddy

As a person who can't swim and sinks like a stone, I think it's realistic that I almost accidentally drowned in a couple feet of water in my mine yesterday. ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Druidnature said:

Realistically, it really depends on the person (and obviously water conditions)

some prople freak out who dont know how how to swim, and can’t float to save their lives.

others who have had practice or know how to swim, spend zero effort. It’s very easy to stay afloat, even in ocean water / at the beach / ect. (From personal experience, I live at the beach :P) you don’t have to paddle or anything, once you get the hang of it. So realistically, it could swing either way.

but it makes more sense not to drown, considering our characters know how to swim well enough before running out of stamina.

no really, wearing an armour is add weight to make you wall in the bottom

1 hour ago, tamat said:

no really, wearing an armour is add weight to make you wall in the bottom

Depends on the armour anything below chainmail, not really. You could argue however due to all the crap in our inventory’s we’d sink like stones.

but leather/hide/cloth and probably drake (maaaaybe scale? Not sure on this one tbh) you’d be fine.

I was happy seeing stamina being drained in water - a bit sad that it was a bug only.

• Like 1