Sign in to follow this  
Aeryck

Add “skip tutorial” button to the tutorial UI

Logged into a 10 year old character yesterday to find no UI except for a box telling me how to walk and climb. Had to click through dozen or so boxes before I could even see the chat box to ask how to disable the tutorial.

Apparently  anyone without the “Educated” title will see the tutorial, and I guess older players never got the title.

Why not just add a “skip tutorial” button to the box? What if a new player or an alt doesn’t want to see the tutorial?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Aeryck said:

What if a new player or an alt doesn’t want to see the tutorial?

You just have to type /skiptutorial into the chat box. Word gets around pretty fast for established characters, who often comment about it in global chat.  If there is to be a button/checkbox any place, I'd prefer it in the Game Settings rather than encouraging people to skip who probably need it. 

So far what has worked ok is:

Returning player: ""HEY is there a way to skip the tutorial?"

Global chat in unison: "Type /skiptutorial"

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

Works super great when you are being chased by 3 hellhounds and can’t see the chat box.

• Like 1

the chat box is there, just invisible. 

We had a long discussion about the ability to skip it or not, and the fact is barring a small window of old alts without the educated title, the biggest influx will be from new players who should really go through it. 

For this reason we excluded a skip tutorial button, but did allow for a command for established players. 

We believe this to be the most effective system, and we have had huge amounts of positive feedback (with ideas for slight adjustments too) and we'll definitely be waiting longer before discussing any easier forms of bypassing it 

• Like 4

On 12/21/2018 at 6:01 AM, Retrograde said:

the chat box is there, just invisible. 

We had a long discussion about the ability to skip it or not, and the fact is barring a small window of old alts without the educated title, the biggest influx will be from new players who should really go through it. 

For this reason we excluded a skip tutorial button, but did allow for a command for established players. 

We believe this to be the most effective system, and we have had huge amounts of positive feedback (with ideas for slight adjustments too) and we'll definitely be waiting longer before discussing any easier forms of bypassing it 

I'm fine with it - except when I need to pop over to Epic and I'm left without any feedback maybe already in the heat. Also despite I skipped the tutorial and got the Educated title there it tends to restart it, hiding all my windows again (could not figure it when ad why).

The Tutorial window is still visible though and it's not clear how to get rid of it.

• Like 1