Sign in to follow this  
Hailiah

[Fixed] Possible Fishing Bug

Not sure if this is playing as intended, but, Ive had rod equipment break completely (except the rod itself which did take damage) three times now.

First time I was using the light rod equipment and a Catfish broke it all, event was spammed with a message about needing such n such to fish.

For that one I thought well Catfish is a bigger fish, clearly the light rod is too delicate for them.

So I made medium rod equipment all imped to approx. 40ql (my fine carpentry is only 47) and after a while a Catfish did the same thing to it again, everything gone (except the rod itself which did take damage) reel, bait, float etc.

Started fishing again with replacement medium rod equipment and a while later a Perch broke it all (except the rod itself which did take damage) again for a third time.

My thought this time...but Perch are tiny...usually...

6 hours ago, Hailiah said:

Not sure if this is playing as intended, but, Ive had rod equipment break completely (except the rod itself which did take damage) three times now.

First time I was using the light rod equipment and a Catfish broke it all, event was spammed with a message about needing such n such to fish.

For that one I thought well Catfish is a bigger fish, clearly the light rod is too delicate for them.

So I made medium rod equipment all imped to approx. 40ql (my fine carpentry is only 47) and after a while a Catfish did the same thing to it again, everything gone (except the rod itself which did take damage) reel, bait, float etc.

Started fishing again with replacement medium rod equipment and a while later a Perch broke it all (except the rod itself which did take damage) again for a third time.

My thought this time...but Perch are tiny...usually...

Did all this happen AFTER the latest update which should have corrected that behavior?  https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/167044-patch-notes-20dec18/

If this does continue to happen, please give details as you did here for the type of equipment, bait and floats as well as what type of water you were in.

This was before that that patch, I haven't had any rod parts break since. ?

• Like 1