Sign in to follow this  
Kadmint

Rite of Spring on Xanadu gives too many mind logic ticks

Yesterday I saw that Rite of Spring had been cast on Xanadu. Now it seems that it is somewhat bugged; people are able to pray multiple times and get 0.12 ticks out of it. Ticks vary among the players who have reported the gains, however pretty much all can agree that the ticks are higher than the Wiki suggests (0.1 mind logic and 5hrs sleep bonus to all online Vynoran followers). So I'm asking, is this intended through the recent priest changes, or a bug?

there was 3 rite of springs casted in total

i imagine that caused it, no idea why 3 could be casted

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

Yes, one cast should just occur at the time, not 3 for sure. Next cast could happen over a month or two, when the charge has reached a certain point via praying players.

Before the recent priest overhaul, Rite of Spring always required more favor than the baseline due to needing to accomodate the server's active follower count.  It was entirely possible for the situation to be that the minimum favor for ROS was met, but the bloated follower count meant even 4x favor was required.  ROS now only requires the minimum favor to cast, so Vynora probably has a lot of excess favor to channel ROS with.  On top of this, a lot of sermon parties have been going in anticipation of the priest patch.

It'll probably even out and function more normally once Vynora's squeezed dry.  There's been three ROS casts today from a group of dorks who are doing exactly that.

I picked a bad time to switch to Nahjo.

• Like 3

Looked wrong when i got 3 increase from 3 casts ( with in 24h ), 2 was stacked and 1 on the latest one, but no gain atleast for me on the SB.

5 hours ago, Noizhead said:

Before the recent priest overhaul, Rite of Spring always required more favor than the baseline due to needing to accomodate the server's active follower count.  It was entirely possible for the situation to be that the minimum favor for ROS was met, but the bloated follower count meant even 4x favor was required.  ROS now only requires the minimum favor to cast, so Vynora probably has a lot of excess favor to channel ROS with.  On top of this, a lot of sermon parties have been going in anticipation of the priest patch.

It'll probably even out and function more normally once Vynora's squeezed dry.  There's been three ROS casts today from a group of dorks who are doing exactly that.

I picked a bad time to switch to Nahjo.

Bingo. Vynora had an absolutely absurd amount of favor stored up that was basically all burned today through consecutive casts. Because of the new Rite system, rites can now stack on top of eachother. A Ritual of the Sun and Rite of Spring can both be active at the same time, and players can obtain bonuses for each one assuming they're the proper deity. In this case, it was three instances of Rite of Spring stacked on top of each other. This leads to players being able to "claim" their bonus and get all three rewards at the same time. You will see the line "You feel enlightened!" three times when you pray on Xanadu.

Now Vynora has been drained of all her favor, and another cast wont be able to occur until her pool replenishes. The sad truth of today's events is that it only hurts everyone. If done correctly and more spaced out, players would've been able to claim the full 5 hour sleep bonus several more times over the next week or two from different casts. Since the casts were instead overlapped, it tries to claim the 5 hours multiple times, but is capped on the first, wasting 10 hours of sleep bonus. Luckily, everyone is able to at least claim the full 3x mind logic ticks that the ritual provides, and the bonus to boat speed will last until the rite expires (though it doesn't apply multiple times over, so that boat speed is also going to waste). In the end, it's just an anomaly that will sort itself out shortly.

We're also going to be implementing a fix for server restarts resetting the bonuses that can be obtained from rituals. The existing rites are going to perish after the next server restart, which is the purpose for the existing Rite ban. Any further rituals cast could end up being cut short due to a hotfix being deployed... which ironically is meant to fix the very issue that it would be causing. I know a lot of people are currently thinking that "oh it turned out how they didn't want it to and they're going to nerf it!" - That's not the case. We're actually keeping the player's best interest in mind by banning further casts so that a hotfix doesn't interrupt claiming the reward. As of right now, no changes are planned to the gains or favor cost of rites, and claiming the mind logic reward on Xanadu is valid and not considered exploiting. With that said, bear in mind that we'll be monitoring how often the rites are cast in the near future. If it's faster than we want, we'll likely be raising the favor cost a bit to compensate.

For now, enjoy the change and claim some stats.