Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

[Fixed] LITW is busted

636791e05fa25e84b418c250a9cefe4f.png

e90eededd356fad3d324e434366fdd5d.png

836ca959d6a7c92313af6e13021a9d12.png

As title says, once a unique has retreated, LITW will no longer hit it until it gets into combat again. Reveal creatures does not have this bug, as shown above.

On indy with a pendulum that has about 150 tile range so its not like it sprinted that far in 8 seconds,   could physically see it when getting no hits with the pend

This was happening before the hotfix that happened before, it worked as normal until it aggro'd again then proceeded to not work any longer

Edit: this happens for all champions, quite often i'd be walking towards a champ that's directly in front of me, then suddenly pend wants me to turn around because a different champ is quite some distance behind me. Champions move a lot so its pretty hit or miss if a pend will hit them constantly

that they're not supposed to hit uniques after they run away once and can't be hit until they enter combat again? not sure what patch notes you're reading

Additional info:  3 accoints were doing LITWs in larallel on the same unique and it failed on all 3 consecutively 

a6986338066192ffd22bb61a8593df3d.png

Similar thing happening with normal champions, this is running straight north on a road trying to get the wolf, the black wolf ended up being around 130 tiles away whereas the spider was about 5 tiles off the road.

af1bfb385476e6b71c2ca2e394be7160.png

This is on xanadu, with a seryll pendulum, so according to what was posted about lurker spells range a while ago, this should have about a 300 tile range in every direction. i'm not crossing 200 tiles in 9 seconds to get to quite some distance straight up, that's for damn sure, feel like i'm lowering the casts on this pend for no good reason if it's not even locating properly

b515b73e5011d1b9cee71ea5760cbb54.png

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

so any comment on this or is being a piece a trash the new intended behaviour for LITW? It started happening after the priest changes and it makes normal champion hunting a pain in the ass as it's constantly telling you to turn around every other use, champion mobs and uniques move pretty much all the time and for long distances when someone's in local so it really doesn't make any sense why it wouldn't find them while they're moving, you hit it with litw, walk into the area, it starts sprinting around, you can't litw it again. Should rename it "lurker in the penned champion unicorn" if that's the intended behaviour.

I had a unique recently in visual range and my pendulum did not move for several consecutive uses. Not the failed message but "did not move". I've tried to move a few tiles - same outcome.

Another account found it with LitW at the same time standing a few tiles away from me - even further from the unique. 

Today I had a champ troll that was never shown on the LitW series (spammed all the time while riding and actually no champs were shown) until I got into actual melee with the champ troll.

[18:20:23] The mature champion octopus is rather a long distance away ahead of you to the right.

searching release, i don't think i should be getting 200+ tiles range on a 8x8 server but that's just me

bridges and buildings both block revealing

litdark is randomly capped to 25 tiles

plenty of other broken things i'm not even going to bother listing

any chance of a dev comment this century, i'm happy to demonstrate the issues with a dev if they need examples of it happening ingame

[2019-04-04] [20:28:32] The enemy is ahead of you to the left fairly close by. 
[2019-04-04] [20:28:32] You concentrate on the pendulum.
[2019-04-04] [20:28:37] The pendulum doesn't seem to move.
[2019-04-04] [20:28:42] You concentrate on the pendulum.
[2019-04-04] [20:28:48] The pendulum doesn't seem to move.
[2019-04-04] [20:28:51] You concentrate on the pendulum.
[2019-04-04] [20:28:54] The pendulum doesn't seem to move.
[2019-04-04] [20:29:00] You concentrate on the pendulum.
[2019-04-04] [20:29:04] The enemy is behind you to the right fairly close by. 

also does the same thing for litd finding enemies, checked the corpse after he died and there wasn't any nolo jewelry or anything.

is anyone even reading this or should i just stop bothering to report bugs on it

This seems to be fixed on test.  If you'd like to verify, message me or have a gm set you up with the pendulums and place you (on Oracle) near Alice's Junkyard.  (I'm a bit under the weather so may not be around as often).