Sign in to follow this  
Muse

Bulk storage for bait

Some people are happy to search for bait,

other folks just want to fish!

Currently it seems wurms and other types of bait will only fit in a small tackle box.

It would be good if we could store and carry bulk wurms, grubs etc in a large crate or BSB for transport, so that we can actually get the bait to the fishermen and fisherwomen, either by wagoner or by ship.

• Like 3

I was going to suggest a worm box, for breeding worms.  And yes, in real life, it is a real thing.

Place a few worms in a box and wait for them to breed.  Each box can hold a certain amount before they begin to die off, resulting in worms dying faster due to unhealthy conditions. An unmaintained box ends up being a box of dead worms.  Not sure Wurm wants to get that complicated on a worm box though.

I'd simply suggest a worm box that can breed up to x amount of worms.  Remove what you need, and it slowly rejuvenates.

Grubs are more tricky. They don't live long outside their natural habitat.  Might be a good thing to make them hard to store-  Harder to store means limited availability, and they become valuable as a sell-able bait item.

Seems cut bait, dough, and cheese and such could be stored in a food storage bin.  They are, after all, just food items.

Just my thoughts on the topic...

Happy fishing!

~TH~

I like the wurm box idea, but we need to be able to put float material in crates or other storage as well. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NeeNee said:

I like the wurm box idea, but we need to be able to put float material in crates or other storage as well. 

Float material?  Are you talking about bait there, or just fishing tackle/floats in particular? I''m not sure I agree that any tackle should be able to be placed in a crate.  I thought this thread was addressing bait alone though, not tackle.

As someone who loves fishing in real life, taking various tackle items and just throwing them into a single container just makes for a big mess, and some things end up damaged and get thrown away even though they have just been sitting there. 

Can fishing tackle be placed in a small satchel perhaps? If so, that opens up storage options in several different locations and would make more sense than throwing fishing items in a crate.

Edited by Thalius

imo crates only option seems reasonable enough. 

gives you reason to be active and farm/sell/buy more even if it's in bulk, you'll have to interact with people more often

given the state in which the game is... that's a +

just imo

o7

Yes please! I like the tacklebox for taking it out to fish, but it would be great to have someplace to store bait where it won't decay when you're not using it. 

• Like 1