Retrograde

The building of Haven's Landing

8 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

When you die havens landing is in the drop down menu

The dirt/sand thing might need some rewording in the tutorial, since dirt would allow grass to grow on it

What he means from a "I am a stuck new player perspective" is to press the F1 button on your keyboard so the console appears. Type /suicide and you will die instantly. At that point you can select the Havens Landing deed from the drop down menu and presto you should be back in business.

Be aware that typing /suicide will cause you a small amount of lost skill however as a new player the amount loss will be very, very small and easily recoverable in a short period of time.

Thanks, everyone!  Didn't mean to hi-jack the thread with my "personal" problems. :)  But if I'm correct about the following, it might be worth changing as well for new players.  I didn't experiment with it, but the default on the drop-down is "Start" (which starts out collapsed), which I assume is what sent me to The Howl.  I could be wrong about that being the destination, but I don't remember having a choice--didn't even notice it was a drop-down.  Send me back to "Start" seems logical.

@RetrogradeI am noticing that a lot of the Lawn tiles inside of Haven's Landing have been "packed". Is there any reason to allow players to do this? I notice that there is a setting under Digging for "Pack", so the ability can be removed for "non-citizens" if desired. Then you will have a lot of Lawn tiles to replace to make the place look nice again...

=Ayes=

On 3/8/2019 at 12:31 AM, Tuxro said:

Total newbie here and I, too, was confused about "dirt" digging.  Found a place in the training forest that was bare dirt and was able to dig there.  But the real disappointment was after all the time figuring out how to make a small anvil and finally doing it, exploring around town I was killed by a Hell Hound (too encumbered to outrun it), and respawned in The Howl.  Seriously doubt I'll be able to make it back to my corpse and get my stuff.  That's a pretty heavy blow for someone just starting out.

I know your feeling. When I started Wurm I've first settled in the far north on Independence. I could soon run from The Howl to north with blindfolds on - a long run every time. Even once I had to collect my corpse from a mountainside deep south - now that was an adventure still on foot..

...and yes you get a dropdown menu to select spawn point when you die - not too obvious at first sight full of death-adrenaline.

3 hours ago, Ayes said:

@RetrogradeI am noticing that a lot of the Lawn tiles inside of Haven's Landing have been "packed". Is there any reason to allow players to do this? I notice that there is a setting under Digging for "Pack", so the ability can be removed for "non-citizens" if desired. Then you will have a lot of Lawn tiles to replace to make the place look nice again...

=Ayes=

No clue what you're talking about, haven't been there... but it's possible that many have walked over the tile and that have caused it to turn into packed dirt.

At dev maze on xana.. there was a nice green yard.. where the amount of players walking/running around caused the tiles to convert to dirt... maybe packed dirt..
I can't remember.. but walking over them.. can cause at least 1 of the 2 effects for grass, possibly for lawn also?

16 hours ago, Finnn said:

No clue what you're talking about, haven't been there... but it's possible that many have walked over the tile and that have caused it to turn into packed dirt.

That is why I addressed my post to @Retrogradeas he has the ability to check and adjust the deed settings. Also, I just went to the token at Haven's Landing with my alt and saw that the role for "Visitors" does indeed have the "Pack" box ticked. Went and packed 1 tile too to confirm.

=Ayes=