Retrograde

The building of Haven's Landing

19 hours ago, Jaz said:

[18:37:31] You enter Boar Hill.
[18:37:31] You enter Freedom Isles.
[18:37:31] No other players are online taking tutorials (662 totally in Wurm).
[18:37:31] Type /help for available commands.

No, GV is up and I suppose it will be so if I understand correctly Wurm server hierarchy.

Still it would be nice to allow the toons existing on GV to roam freely now that it is a legacy planet :P

Glad to hear, I got allies that still got there toons there since ages .

Retrograde, any plans to create a rock shard mining area that can be accessed from on deed anywhere that would lead out to perimeter tiles that could be mined?

=Ayes=

We just add Haven's Market with mini hotel just few tiles away from "start" for newbs. Its also located by water and used for public boat parking. I hope that will help, Enjoy it 

18 hours ago, Ayes said:

Retrograde, any plans to create a rock shard mining area that can be accessed from on deed anywhere that would lead out to perimeter tiles that could be mined?

=Ayes=

No plans, rock shards are too few to make it feasible. 

As you can see in the creation videos, the rock layer is specifically raised in those areas, the real rock layer is some 500 dirts below (got to love indys dirt level) 

It also has a zone that replenishes ores if they get too low, it's not possible to do that with rock. 

i would love to see other ores in there...  not just iron.  could be of low ql, so players can see what wurm have deep underground

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

As you can see in the creation videos, the rock layer is specifically raised

Thanks for the response. True enough, I forgot about that aspect. Will just have to continue to use one rock shard mine I found close to the perimeter that extends into it. Only problem is that some nasty person decided to mine down the entry tile to a 35 slope after I had straightened the angles down to 21-22 slope gradually.

1 hour ago, Sila said:

i would love to see other ores in there...  not just iron

Actually there is another mine area on deed with various ores in it. Retro mentioned something about needing to fix it before others are allowed to mine in there. Not sure about what the status is on this or if it will just remain reserved for the deed developers.

=Ayes=

also i would love to see on all spawns we got same options for building houses in perimeter as you guys do at Haven's Landing. I belive that is great idea

Something I have noticed about new players going through the Tutorial is that many times they will ask where to go to dig or maybe some other spot to complete something. I will then say to them for instance to look at the house that says digging and go inside there. The problem is that they may have already wandered out of the area of these 3 houses.

In contrast the old tutorial area on GV of some time ago made players proceed through locked areas each of which they had to complete to proceed to the next and eventually finish by then being let out the end. This seems to me to be a better system than the new one at HL where it is now too easy for new players to get sort of lost outside of that area before completing it all.

I am not really sure if anything can be done about this with the new tutorial but I have noticed that there have been a lot of questions about where to go for the next step and strangely where to go to dig is the most frequent one asked. Something to consider improving somehow?

=Ayes=

Posted (edited)
On 1/1/2019 at 1:47 PM, Sila said:

also i would love to see on all spawns we got same options for building houses in perimeter as you guys do at Haven's Landing. I believe that is great idea

Other spawn points have standard or near standard perimeter. I gave up counting Haven's perimeter at 20. I doubt any server has space near spawns for that kind of perimeter to be added now.

Edited by Kelody

13 hours ago, Ayes said:

I am not really sure if anything can be done about this with the new tutorial but I have noticed that there have been a lot of questions about where to go for the next step and strangely where to go to dig is the most frequent one asked. Something to consider improving somehow?

I think it was the Discruntled Husband from Katnip's stream, who said something along the lines of "Not many people get the idea to "read" houses and there should additional signs."

Might be true, a new player could simply not notice the house names, while a sign would be a more clear "hey, look here, I'm a sign and most usually I have something to say"