Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 17/DEC/18 Gone Fishing

1 minute ago, Vroomfondel said:

Stop complaining about how much you spent on the game.  We all spent money and are waiting too.  You have played this game before and it has always been the same when updates are added.  This is the biggest update they have ever done, so you should expect it to take a lot longer.  I don't know what is bothering you today, you have never been this way ingame.  You need to just let it go and do something else for a while.  Getting upset is not going to do you any good and will not make this go any faster.

What way expressing myself? Last I checked it was allowed to express yourself...

1 minute ago, Shagsdevil said:

I always thought you guys did fixes off peoples input tho? or has this changed with Rolf's leaving as well?

These are not fixes requiring any input, this is testing systems and identifying bugs with the live environment before it's opened to players., 

This has zero to do with player input and everything to do with making sure the major issues are quashed before it even goes live. 

We do appreciate your patience, I'm sure you're aware updates of this magnitude and downtime are few and far between. Once we have worked through these issues we will open the servers back up. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Shagsangel said:

But 2 hrs were gone buy and no one told us expected complications are happening that this could take SEVERAL more hours...you gota put yourself in players spot that are not part of the devs team and see why we are tired of waiting and not knowing anything...after the 2hrs delay someone could of simply said on the forum we're sorry it'll take longer than the expected time at this moment we can not confirm how much longer it'll take please be patient or something among the lines and that would of made ppl less impatient...not bitching just saying we thought 2.5 hrs later we still can't get on the game but no reasons why...

There is a giant red banner on the top of every forum page saying exactly that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

how much money you spend isn't an input

actually what ya just quoted me on had nothing to do with money.... you quoted my depending on input to fix stuff

Another one waiting for the update. To be sincere I'm too new to be able to do any of the new stuff, in fact I don't understand most of the additions. But I prefer they take their time to patch the game than trying to play and find glitch after glitch.

I'll keep on trying to login and I hope it will be available tomorrow.

Just now, Shagsdevil said:

What way expressing myself? Last I checked it was allowed to express yourself...

But you are just repeating yourself over and over.  It does no good to keep it up, you just get to be annoying to everyone, and it's not good for your health either.  You have expressed yourself, now let it go.  I for one am going to take my dog for a long walk, I suggest you do something similar.

• Like 2

Just now, Retrograde said:

There is a giant red banner on the top of every forum page saying exactly that. 

Which was not there after 2 hrs and someone had to point it out...I'm just saying explanations could of been given sooner next time don't post an ETA if it's not gona be met!!

Huh, new non-priest content that I am not locked out of if I did re-priest.

I look forward to seeing how much of this is open to freeloaders ^_^

2 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

These are not fixes requiring any input, this is testing systems and identifying bugs with the live environment before it's opened to players., 

This has zero to do with player input and everything to do with making sure the major issues are quashed before it even goes live. 

We do appreciate your patience, I'm sure you're aware updates of this magnitude and downtime are few and far between. Once we have worked through these issues we will open the servers back up. 

I do thank you for the update Archaed. This is what I was looking for earlier in the updated info on here but nothing stated.

5 minutes ago, Vroomfondel said:

Since Wurm is not earth, there is no reason that all development should happen at the same time as it did on earth.  So we can have ships from several centuries, and many fishing rods.  You also have to remember that most of those things added were added at the players' request, so some of us want these things.  And some items are hard to code correctly, so you may not see them even if they are ancient items.

It is too difficult to make a realistic harpoon instead of making a complex new type of fishing rod consisting of multiple variable subitems? What? The first item requires adding 1 item with functionality, the latter requires multiple with altering functionality.

What you say is true in theory, but not in this case as what I say would be much simpler than what was done here.

2 minutes ago, Shagsangel said:

Which was not there after 2 hrs and someone had to point it out...I'm just saying explanations could of been given sooner next time don't post an ETA if it's not gona be met!!

It's been there since 1 hour into the update, as well as notified on Discord (Which is an official communication channel)

ʀᴇᴛʀᴏɢʀᴀᴅᴇToday at 1:44 AM

The update will take a little longer, we're getting the hotfixes out of the way while you're all off the server

Expect another hour minimum

ʀᴇᴛʀᴏɢʀᴀᴅᴇToday at 4:20 AM

The servers are still down, ignore the launcher

1 minute ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

The first letter in "ETA" stands for Estimated, not guaranteed.

I know what ETA mean but oviously some ppl were wondering why the game didn't work and it said servers were on when trying to log on because they created a post about it...much later the red banner was placed to inform the servers were not up and Retro posted on the other thread to ignore the server online post 

29 minutes ago, Shagsangel said:

But why say it'll take 2 hrs?  I'm just tired of waiting they should of said this update is huge and could potentially take most of the day instead this is what was mentioned:
Reason: Get your best hat and tackle ready, it's time to go fishing. Shutting down for a BIG BIG update: http://bit.ly/PN17DEC18 Up to 2 hours downtime.

Is it not reasonable to say some ppl are impatient to get back in the game after 2 hrs downtime has been long gone?  Not trying to disrespect any devs or anyone I know there can be complications but I'm just tired of waiting...

Things don't always go as planned. This is life. Especially with code.

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

It's been there since 1 hour into the update, as well as notified on Discord (Which is an official communication channel)

ʀᴇᴛʀᴏɢʀᴀᴅᴇToday at 1:44 AM

The update will take a little longer, we're getting the hotfixes out of the way while you're all off the server

Expect another hour minimum

ʀᴇᴛʀᴏɢʀᴀᴅᴇToday at 4:20 AM

The servers are still down, ignore the launcher

Thanks fyi i don't check discord cuz i don't use it...

Edited by Shagsangel

2 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

The first letter in "ETA" stands for Estimated, not guaranteed.

yes I undestand ETA means Estimated but usually the ETA is within a decent perimiter of the original ETA but I guess people who express themselves is obviouly wrong ..... right?

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

as well as notified on Discord

Yes but, some people are not allowed to see wurm discord notifications

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chlodovech said:

It is too difficult to make a realistic harpoon instead of making a complex new type of fishing rod consisting of multiple variable subitems? What? The first item requires adding 1 item with functionality, the latter requires multiple with altering functionality.

What you say is true in theory, but not in this case as what I say would be much simpler than what was done here.

Until now fishing has been a boring skill.  Now they have updated it with most of what was requested.  I for one suggested the buoy they are adding today 4 or more years ago.  Now it's here.  Your harpoon may get added one day, if there is enough interest in it.  That's what the suggestion forum is for.

1 minute ago, nicedreams said:

My God half the thread is of Shags* making it all about them.

Nope actually I have answered some questions and input my feedback on good idea's put on here like the be able to teleport to any starter deed on the server by typing the command go read back you missed something obviously ;)

Just now, nicedreams said:

My God half the thread is of Shags* making it all about them.

Actually if you read the convo pointed out between Retro and I... I actually thanked him for the update lmao

2 minutes ago, olafhairybreeks said:

You know what would really make me laugh? We all log in to grey horses again! ?

So many people would freak out about grey horses lmao

2 minutes ago, Vroomfondel said:

Until now fishing has been a boring skill.  Now they have updated it with most of what was requested.  I for one suggested the buoy they are adding today 4 or more years ago.  Now it's here.  Your harpoon may get added one day, if there is enough interest in it.  That's what the suggestion forum is for.

Any idea how those are made? FC?  Do they require a certain ql to be floating in the water like boats or they require to be planted?  That's a feature I can't wait to see in game!!!

3 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Yes but, some people are not allowed to see wurm discord notifications

Or not all people use Discord regularly for updates

Sign in to follow this