Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 17/DEC/18 Gone Fishing

7 minutes ago, tamat said:

can we get the 175 kg fish goal rerolled?

qft

On 12/17/2018 at 2:02 PM, Jberg said:

The deadline for completing old personal goals is set at February 1, 2019 at 00:00 GMT.

Just highlighting this so people don't miss out.

I know you told the old personal goals will be removed.
But please think about it, we have only 1 month from now. Lot of alts hadn't enough time finishing the mandatory 3 months premium.
Please add more time, many players would pay premium for more alts.  :)

Why do you want to drop the personal goals system in the first place?

Lower that ######  "make a 99ql item" to 90ql  and other hard achievements at least so people can get it before their time runs out.

Edited by Bittereinder

From income perspective a 3-4 months deadline would surely generate 3 months of prem time on quite many alts. I'm not really affected as both alts I plan to finish the goals are well above the 3 months and have the mats to finish the goals.

Edited by Jaz

I am very sad about the personal goals being removed.  I am not going to be able to complete the more time-consuming/difficult goals in such a short period of time.  I do think you should  give us longer.  Please reconsider.    I had a dream..........

thank you for all the hard work on the rest of this massive update.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Arelone said:

I am very sad about the personal goals being removed.  I am not going to be able to complete the more time-consuming/difficult goals in such a short period of time.  I do think you should  give us longer.  Please reconsider.    I had a dream..........

thank you for all the hard work on the rest of this massive update.

most of them can be completed, maybe wine, repair 6250 walls and 175kg fish are the harder ones,

the problem with them is time consuming for harvest/materials or just RNG (i need that damn fish), also no one have idea what use now for the fishing

Due to harvests (only one left), wine is basically impossible if you haven't gotten the mats already. I kinda wish the devs would re-roll that one.

Repairing 6250 walls is -easy- though. Here's how it works:

- Each repair action counts toward the goal (you don't need to fully repair 6250 walls/fences).

- This means you can repair a fence, bash it once, repair it again, etc.

- Woven fences work best, because they are made from woodscrap and repair with wood scrap. You need roughly 7K+ scrap, I recall, depending on number of repair failures.

Tips:

- Wood scrap can be combined and put into a group on your tool belt for easy selecting. I usually combined multiple sets of 64 scrap (split from a crate) and put them in the group, so I could keep the flow going.

- Use a keybind to repair: saves lots of clicks. You can, of course, just hold down the button to fill up your queue with repair actions.

- Using alts to bash multiple fences while you repair them all in parallel significantly speeds up the process (with enough alts, and a good rhythm, you can do this goal in one day, two max). Huge axes or large mauls worked best, not counting mayor bonus.

- Use low QL scrap to build the fences, and don't imp them: the higher the QL, the less damage each bash does, slowing you down. (Using a mayor to bash might change that; I didn't have that ability when I did the goal, so I didn't experiment with it.)

- High QL scrap makes repair actions more likely to succeed.

- Don't worry about destroying fences; it will happen, just build a new one. Re-imping a nearly-destroyed fence resulted (for me) in a higher-QL fence than a new one, slowing me down.

- If you don't have enough wood scrap, consider making planks. You can then add a crude wooden fence to your bashing suite, use the planks to repair that fence (and of course continue to use the scrap to repair the woven fence). That way you're using all your output on the goal.

- Since you want low QL planks, consider using a low-skill toon to cut down the tree for the few planks you use to build the crude fence (you'll want the repair planks to be higher QL, however).

- While you're at it, use a repairing affinity meal (with SB) if you can: you get more repairing skill per tick out of this than you do for item repair (and I did this on Freedom for one toon, so I'm pretty sure it's true there as well as on Epic).

Edited by Roccandil

Roccandi, you have just pointed out why I never bother with the "missions".  Why on earth should I do thousands of repeat actions to win a mission?  Because the game told me to do them?  They make no sense and accomplish nothing, except you get to call yourself "winner".  What do you win?  Does that make any real difference to you or your gameplay?  If not, why bother?

• Like 3

Did something change with alignment gain from saccing? I havent got any alignment from saccing with my Vyn priest since this update, but impretty sure we did before. Ive probably sacced for about 30.000 favor but no alignment gain. I still get alignment from chopping down the oldest trees.

If this is a bug, please move to the bug section. :)

21 hours ago, Nordlys said:

Did something change with alignment gain from saccing?

It seems like you only obtain alignment when the amount of favor you gain from sacrificing is above 10 and below a certain amount; I want to say 50?  Are your sacrifice actions all above 50 favor worth? Especially when spamcasting and in need of more alignment I tend to sacrifice in 2 <50 favor steps every half an hour or so to get the alignment up, as I could spend 100k favor's worth of chopped veggies - or cordage ropes - on saccing in >50 favor steps, and get zero alignment as well. It's been like that since I remember.

If that's not the case, I don't know what changed, I'm at 100 alignment so I can't test it.

On 12/23/2018 at 4:43 PM, Roccandil said:

Due to harvests (only one left), wine is basically impossible if you haven't gotten the mats already. I kinda wish the devs would re-roll that one.

Repairing 6250 walls is -easy- though. Here's how it works:

- Each repair action counts toward the goal (you don't need to fully repair 6250 walls/fences).

- This means you can repair a fence, bash it once, repair it again, etc.

- Woven fences work best, because they are made from woodscrap and repair with wood scrap. You need roughly 7K+ scrap, I recall, depending on number of repair failures.

Tips:

- Wood scrap can be combined and put into a group on your tool belt for easy selecting. I usually combined multiple sets of 64 scrap (split from a crate) and put them in the group, so I could keep the flow going.

- Use a keybind to repair: saves lots of clicks. You can, of course, just hold down the button to fill up your queue with repair actions.

- Using alts to bash multiple fences while you repair them all in parallel significantly speeds up the process (with enough alts, and a good rhythm, you can do this goal in one day, two max). Huge axes or large mauls worked best, not counting mayor bonus.

- Use low QL scrap to build the fences, and don't imp them: the higher the QL, the less damage each bash does, slowing you down. (Using a mayor to bash might change that; I didn't have that ability when I did the goal, so I didn't experiment with it.)

- High QL scrap makes repair actions more likely to succeed.

- Don't worry about destroying fences; it will happen, just build a new one. Re-imping a nearly-destroyed fence resulted (for me) in a higher-QL fence than a new one, slowing me down.

- If you don't have enough wood scrap, consider making planks. You can then add a crude wooden fence to your bashing suite, use the planks to repair that fence (and of course continue to use the scrap to repair the woven fence). That way you're using all your output on the goal.

- Since you want low QL planks, consider using a low-skill toon to cut down the tree for the few planks you use to build the crude fence (you'll want the repair planks to be higher QL, however).

- While you're at it, use a repairing affinity meal (with SB) if you can: you get more repairing skill per tick out of this than you do for item repair (and I did this on Freedom for one toon, so I'm pretty sure it's true there as well as on Epic).

yeap takes 5s repair the wooven, 30seconds bash. lets say 1 minute
6250 minutes so around  105 hours bashing and repairing...
playing 3.5 hours days only will take 30 days!

Edited by tamat
math

Why tf you bashin walls thats dumb just build the wall on n/w side of a lava tile and it takes damage every second

17 hours ago, tamat said:

yeap takes 5s repair the wooven, 30seconds bash. lets say 1 minute
6250 minutes so around  105 hours bashing and repairing...
playing 3.5 hours days only will take 30 days!

The 5-30s for repair represents multiple repair actions (and thus completions), depending on how much damage you do with the bash. Three repairs was low, five was nice (and you'd see more damage per bash as the fence QL lowered). If you're a mayor, you can probably get even more.

So, by yourself, at one minute for five completions, you're talking 1250 minutes, or 20+ hours, which is still steep, but not quite so bad. Call it a week.

Throw in a single alt to do the bashing while you repair, however, and you can cut that roughly in half. With a little pushing, ten hours can be done a couple days. (That's also much the same as doing it on a lava tile, I suspect.)

Throw in a second bashing alt, or a second fence on a lava tile, and you can -really- speed things up. :)

11 hours ago, Roccandil said:

The 5-30s for repair represents multiple repair actions (and thus completions), depending on how much damage you do with the bash. Three repairs was low, five was nice (and you'd see more damage per bash as the fence QL lowered). If you're a mayor, you can probably get even more.

So, by yourself, at one minute for five completions, you're talking 1250 minutes, or 20+ hours, which is still steep, but not quite so bad. Call it a week.

Throw in a single alt to do the bashing while you repair, however, and you can cut that roughly in half. With a little pushing, ten hours can be done a couple days. (That's also much the same as doing it on a lava tile, I suspect.)

Throw in a second bashing alt, or a second fence on a lava tile, and you can -really- speed things up. :)

5 seconds for repair, then 30seconds to bash, total time 1 repair around 35seconds  not even can make two in 1 minute.
if you want bash 5 walls for me per minute, i wouldnt mind...

lava tiles does damage so quick for repair, normaly 1second 1 damage normally, wooven get extra damage quickly also repairs only 5-6 damage you cant keep it for long

Edited by tamat

Woven fences work perfectly fine for the repair goal; when I did it, they were taking 1 damage per second like other fences, and I was able to keep up with 2 of them.

17 hours ago, tamat said:

5 seconds for repair, then 30seconds to bash, total time 1 repair around 35seconds  not even can make two in 1 minute.
if you want bash 5 walls for me per minute, i wouldnt mind...

lava tiles does damage so quick for repair, normaly 1second 1 damage normally, wooven get extra damage quickly also repairs only 5-6 damage you cant keep it for long

Each repair action is a completion. The goal is somewhat misnamed: it's not repair 6250 fences, it's actually complete 6250 repair actions on fences.

So, each thirty-second bash action provides for -multiple- completions toward the goal. The higher the damage done by the bash, the more actions required to fully repair the fence, and the more completions you get toward the goal.

For me, it was usually three to five completions per bash (even more once the fence lowered in QL). While I was going, the minor fence repair goal (for fifty repair actions) would regularly be popping up on my screen (Janitor, I believe).

I'll add that I completed this goal multiple times; I'm not talking theory here. :)

1 hour ago, Roccandil said:

Each repair action is a completion. The goal is somewhat misnamed: it's not repair 6250 fences, it's actually complete 6250 repair actions on fences.

So, each thirty-second bash action provides for -multiple- completions toward the goal. The higher the damage done by the bash, the more actions required to fully repair the fence, and the more completions you get toward the goal.

For me, it was usually three to five completions per bash (even more once the fence lowered in QL). While I was going, the minor fence repair goal (for fifty repair actions) would regularly be popping up on my screen (Janitor, I believe).

I'll add that I completed this goal multiple times; I'm not talking theory here. :)

[20:35:16] This woven fence is purely a decoration and stops neither creature nor man.
[20:35:16] QL=39.303303, dam=0.0
[20:35:26] You damage the woven fence.
[20:35:49] QL=9.303303, dam=1.56728566

well not everybody are YOU

7 hours ago, tamat said:

[20:35:16] This woven fence is purely a decoration and stops neither creature nor man.
[20:35:16] QL=39.303303, dam=0.0
[20:35:26] You damage the woven fence.
[20:35:49] QL=9.303303, dam=1.56728566

well not everybody are YOU

That's -way- too high QL. You want a 14QL fence or less. (Use the lowest QL scrap to make the fence.)

EDIT:

At first glance looks like the fence is 39QL, in which case the damage makes sense. If it's actually 9QL and you're barely scratching it, what are you using to bash?

Edited by Roccandil

been away about a month on other Rl projects.  One question I have is the healing.  If I read it right, initial heals are now better, but if you are repeatedly healing, such as a hunting trip with LT weapon, your healing will now be significantly less than before?

If you have to heal a lot in a short amount of time, you might notice, but with a decent toon using LT for small wound maintenance, I don't think you'll notice (I haven't).

On 12/17/2018 at 6:34 AM, DevBlog said:

Change: Wiki search bar now opens default browser instead of ingame browser.

I haven't seen any comment on this anywhere so I thought I'd ask here, what is the purpose of this change?

The in game wiki is....was....awesome, you could quickly check a small fact without having to tab out or launch any external programs.

Is there any way to bring it back? Some obscure settings I'm not seeing?

5 hours ago, Dinant said:

I haven't seen any comment on this anywhere so I thought I'd ask here, what is the purpose of this change?

The in game wiki is....was....awesome, you could quickly check a small fact without having to tab out or launch any external programs.

Is there any way to bring it back? Some obscure settings I'm not seeing?

It was extremely outdated and clunky, and limited us in a few ways so it was removed. It isn't a system that is still available in the game sorry. 

Sign in to follow this