Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 17/DEC/18 Gone Fishing

2 hours ago, olafhairybreeks said:

Well chicken coops are adorable.

twi1qK1.jpg

Activated saw on FSB? =P   

• Like 3

Lanterns are not working on Indy.  Mine shows as lit, but gives no light.  Snuffed it and relit, still no light.

6 hours ago, Jaz said:

Is there a way to check if a specific deed is chained or not? Cannot find any related line in Deed Info.

Examining the token should give a message stating if the deed is chained to kingdom influence.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sindusk said:

Examining the token should give a message stating if the deed is chained to kingdom influence.

As a mayor I got told in village chat

[02:51:52] Village:Not connected to kingdom influence.

So is there a way to recover missing titles?  I'm missing quite a few characteristics titles like body control (Controlled and Disciplined) and body stamina (Enduring and Perseverent) also missing titles that I got 50 and 70 skill that didn't have titles at the time but was added later on such as weaponless fighting. If there isn't a way to get em maybe add a way the server checks if you're missing a title based on your skill level when you log on or on a skill tick? I play wurm unlimited not wurm online so this update is a bit away for us, but I'm looking forward to it!

Edited by bonehead8473

1 hour ago, bonehead8473 said:

So is there a way to recover missing titles?  I'm missing quite a few characteristics titles like body control (Controlled and Disciplined) and body stamina (Enduring and Perseverent) also missing titles that I got 50 and 70 skill that didn't have titles at the time but was added later on such as weaponless fighting. If there isn't a way to get em maybe add a way the server checks if you're missing a title based on your skill level when you log on or on a skill tick? I play wurm unlimited not wurm online so this update is a bit away for us, but I'm looking forward to it!

When the update comes to WU you will get them upon logging in

• Like 2

Sadly, after experimenting with fishing, I don't think I'll ever fish again. It's now dramatically more work for almost no skill gain and the same miserable rewards.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Darmalus said:

Sadly, after experimenting with fishing, I don't think I'll ever fish again. It's now dramatically more work for almost no skill gain and the same miserable rewards.

Thats the issue i saw when i realised how useless fish is. I havent tested it yet, so cannot comment before i actually do. 

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

When the update comes to WU you will get them upon logging in

Soon:  Knight Templar ^_^

On 12/17/2018 at 12:34 PM, DevBlog said:

Hook will be auto-replaced at 30 skill

Cannot put more than 1 type of hook in the hooks section of the tackle box.

Is this intended or a bug ?

8 minutes ago, Baloo said:

Cannot put more than 1 type of hook in the hooks section of the tackle box.

Is this intended or a bug ?

I thought I had a similar problem when I tried to drag all my different hooks into the hooks compartment; it only let one type go in.  But I tried to drag the rest in on a second try and they all went in.  Try to not drag them all in at once, just drag 1 type at a time and you should be ok.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, zethreal said:

It was stated once in the incredibly long video that you can "upgrade" your old fishing poles to a new one with both casts & rarity transferring over.

my fishing RODs is a fishing POLEs now

FYI, dont do the tutorial till you use up your SB 

you get 2 rewards:

You have just received the title 'Educated'!

For completing the tutorial you are awarded 1 hour of sleep bonus!

But seeing you have full SB or 9hrs + you will not get and SB

Edited by tamat
double post moved to one

19 hours ago, gorgian said:

FYI, dont do the tutorial till you use up your SB 

you get 2 rewards:

You have just received the title 'Educated'!

For completing the tutorial you are awarded 1 hour of sleep bonus!

But seeing you have full SB or 9hrs + you will not get and SB

too late for me

I have a question about: /transfer

Before patch:

On Freedom: 30 faith vyn follower

On Chaos: 70+ faith lib prist

Now i stay as 30 faith vyn follower on freedom (was logged out here bevore patch).

Whats the right way to become 70+ faith lib prist on chaos and epic?

2 hours ago, Vroomfondel said:

Try to not drag them all in at once, just drag 1 type at a time and you should be ok.

Thanks for that Vroom.

Edit: but it still does not work.

Edit2: and some hooks will not go in the hooks section at all.

Edited by Baloo

23 hours ago, Finnn said:

Fishing Buoy

Buoys can be used to mark fishing spots.  They are floating items that are anchored to a particular item, and may be used to show special fishing spots, for example.  Buoys use the same placement rules as sign posts, except they need to be placed on underwater tiles.  They operate as light sources (similar to a street lamp), and may be dyed. If blessed will not use fuel, but do require fuel to be lit.

I have a question tho:

Does that mean we have to fuel these ondeed if they are not blessed?

@Retrograde: me still wonders, could you decipher the missing link from OP?

Why is the personal goals system being dropped?

I've been working for months on making a 99QL item and I will probably not make it.

That's just a stupid Epic goal on Freedom.

Edited by Bittereinder
  • Like 1

I know you guys put a lot of work into all this fishing update. I just wanted to try simplest thing. Everyone sayd try net fishing, I made my net, and my net fish keeper net, imp'd them up.. went to the water.. catastrophe after catastrophe.

It would not allow me to plant the fish keeper net anywhere, not on any tile. Water was too deep, or not deep enough. So I scrapped that idea, got my rowboat, attached my keeper net there. I thot I was good, put my fish into the keeper net. All was sweet. But then, it would not allow me to net fish when embarked. So I tried to move my boat around to a spot I could stand and fish. I got it moved, but then i'm too far to take stuff out of my keeper net. I embark on the boat, it still says i'm too far to take stuff out of my keeper net. And it wont let me detach my keeper net with stuff in it.

This is all too complex for me to figure out by myself, sorry. So I'm posting here.

Thanks your time.

I notice that demise spells don't stack with damage imbues. That seems odd, since demise spells do stack with Venom.

Would also be great if we could see the percentage of additional resistance or attack we're getting from enchanted jewelry. :)

Having cleanse on my Fo is awesome.  A useful spell by itself to spawn grass, always succeeds casting and good for mid-level channeling grind.  Really digging this update so far ;)

Awesome update. One thing though - My Vyn priest can DIG, but not DIG_TO_PILE. I hope that's unintentional and that he'll be able to dig to pile soon. Thanks again

1 hour ago, Aldaturo said:

Awesome update. One thing though - My Vyn priest can DIG, but not DIG_TO_PILE. I hope that's unintentional and that he'll be able to dig to pile soon. Thanks again

Good catch! That's unintentional. For organization purposes, would you be willing to make a new thread in the Server Bugs forum mentioning this issue? Lots of work to be done and keeping everything well organized will help the team fix issues like this one.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this