Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 17/DEC/18 Gone Fishing

Just now, zethreal said:

Would be awesome except I'm sure there are duplicate villages across Freedom Isles.

but beside the duplicates it would say ( Xan ) or ( Exo ) like in CA Chat

1 minute ago, olafhairybreeks said:

I thought you couldn't have two deeds with the same name? At least not on the same server...

My response was based on someone saying that it would be nice to be able to village teleport to any village on any server. Then you could have the issue of multiple deeds with the same name.

Well then, as was suggested you'd have to add the server. /joindeed hindleap xanadu, for example.

Just now, zethreal said:

My response was based on someone saying that it would be nice to be able to village teleport to any village on any server. Then you could have the issue of multiple deeds with the same name.

Portals from Haven to starter deeds on other servers would solve that problem. ?

• Like 1

We had 2 " Devilspeak ". 1 on Indi and 1 on Xan at the time we were moving. So yes unfortunately it would be hard unless they impliminted the ( Xan ) by each deed on coresponding servers

Oh now that is a good idea Amadee. Something like that would be an easy (?) way to stop traffic jams on Indy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

from what was said on the stream, no

If no tomes from the new goal system, my initial reaction is "that sucks", but we'll see.

3 minutes ago, Amadee said:

Portals from Haven to starter deeds on other servers would solve that problem. ?

May be what they're trying to get working now.

• Like 1

My concern is how the tutorial will work on Indy.  It was put on a separate server before for a reason.  I don't want to see a huge area of damage and junk items just because the newbs are training here.  I'd rather they were in an enclosed area until they have finished training, then a set of portals to use if they do not want to start on Indy.

• Like 1

you would think someone from staff would update all us on whats happening tho. NOT just a red alert across the top

16 minutes ago, Shagsdevil said:

Did you even watch the video they shared.... said everything was good to go.... butter it up anyway you want but it was there words not mine....
 Maybe a lil more testing was needed

The delays in getting this setup are the areas we cannot test, working with 13 different live servers, different character creation, chaos > freedom transfers and a hundred other factors. 

We fully expected this update to take time, which is why we gave it such a large downtime to begin with. This has zero to do with "maybe they should have tested it more" because everything that was showcased is absolutely ready, we expect a bug or ten but we haven't hit that stage yet, we're dealing with Libila on freedom, new tutorials and characters skipping GV entirely. It takes time to get this right and we appreciate your patience. 

• Like 4

Typical wurm fail.

Completly unrealistic fishing rods in a medievalish setting of the game, but an ancient invention as the harpoon is too complicated? Fishing with a spear, lmao. In the mean time, the model of the caravel is stil not a caravel. Research and realism is still not on devs agenda. Is wurm moving to modern era setting now? Do the devs still know what kind of setting they want or does every dev realy do what they want, because that is what it looks like.

• Like 2

Just now, Retrograde said:

The delays in getting this setup are the areas we cannot test, working with 13 different live servers, different character creation, chaos > freedom transfers and a hundred other factors. 

We fully expected this update to take time, which is why we gave it such a large downtime to begin with. This has zero to do with "maybe they should have tested it more" because everything that was showcased is absolutely ready, we expect a bug or ten but we haven't hit that stage yet, we're dealing with Libila on freedom, new tutorials and characters skipping GV entirely. It takes time to get this right and we appreciate your patience. 

Yes ya's gave it a large window of 2 hrs.... not all day....

Maybe someone not dumping $400.00 in the last 2 days don't matter..... Maybe some are expecting free Sleep Bonus or Powders from this..... But some of us just think about the money we just dumped returning to the game....

I am sure the updates will be cool once they are working right after 15 - 20 shutdowns / hot fixes.... Hell maybe some will become " Features " like the " Fountain Pans " that were around for years.

Just now, Chlodovech said:

Typical wurm fail.

Completly unrealistic fishing rods in a medievalish setting of the game, but an ancient invention as the harpoon is too complicated? Fishing with a spear, lmao. In the mean time, the model of the caravel is stil not a caravel. Research and realism is still not on devs agenda. Is wurm moving to modern era setting now? Do the devs still know what kind of setting they want or does every dev realy do what they want, because that is what it looks like. 

Since Wurm is not earth, there is no reason that all development should happen at the same time as it did on earth.  So we can have ships from several centuries, and many fishing rods.  You also have to remember that most of those things added were added at the players' request, so some of us want these things.  And some items are hard to code correctly, so you may not see them even if they are ancient items.

3 minutes ago, Chlodovech said:

breathe mate, deep breaths 

• Like 2

I read: 'libila on freedom', everybody politely shadap?

I have a question tho:

Fishing Buoy

Buoys can be used to mark fishing spots.  They are floating items that are anchored to a particular item, and may be used to show special fishing spots, for example.  Buoys use the same placement rules as sign posts, except they need to be placed on underwater tiles.  They operate as light sources (similar to a street lamp), and may be dyed. If blessed will not use fuel, but do require fuel to be lit.

Does that mean we have to fuel these ondeed if they are not blessed?

Can we place 1000 in the water around deeds?

• Like 1

It all sounds interesting, even if none of this will be of any use to me, I never saw the point of fishing since fishes are only for food.

So to me it is added complexity to a near pointless activity but that is just because of how I play the game,  I might still give it a go at some point, like most new stuff that comes out,

pretty much all I do in Wurm is build roads and go on exploration\looting trips. I used to do lots of archaeology but after the last update on that it has made near all you find pretty much

worthless. Waiting to go back to surface mining my road :).

Nice update devs.

1 minute ago, Shagsdevil said:

Maybe someone not dumping $400.00 in the last 2 days don't matter..... Maybe some are expecting free Sleep Bonus or Powders from this..... But some of us just think about the money we just dumped returning to the game....

I am sure the updates will be cool once they are working right after 15 - 20 shutdowns / hot fixes.... Hell maybe some will become " Features " like the " Fountain Pans " that were around for years.

in the grand scheme of thing, an update months in the making taking 6 or so hours to implement is not any major length of time. 

The amount spent on a game does not change how it should be treated, we endeavour to make this as quick and painless as possible, and the fact is by not allowing players on we can deal with these situations quicker and resolve it faster. 

• Like 7

Just now, Retrograde said:

in the grand scheme of thing, an update months in the making taking 6 or so hours to implement is not any major length of time. 

The amount spent on a game does not change how it should be treated, we endeavour to make this as quick and painless as possible, and the fact is by not allowing players on we can deal with these situations quicker and resolve it faster. 

I always thought you guys did fixes off peoples input tho? or has this changed with Rolf's leaving as well?

Stop complaining about how much you spent on the game.  We all spent money and are waiting too.  You have played this game before and it has always been the same when updates are added.  This is the biggest update they have ever done, so you should expect it to take a lot longer.  I don't know what is bothering you today, you have never been this way ingame.  You need to just let it go and do something else for a while.  Getting upset is not going to do you any good and will not make this go any faster.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

Thanks, Retro for keeping us updated.

And pass the thanks on to the Devs for finishing the Fishing update.  Looking forward to it.

But 2 hrs were gone buy and no one told us expected complications are happening that this could take SEVERAL more hours...you gota put yourself in players spot that are not part of the devs team and see why we are tired of waiting and not knowing anything...after the 2hrs delay someone could of simply said on the forum we're sorry it'll take longer than the expected time at this moment we can not confirm how much longer it'll take please be patient or something among the lines and that would of made ppl less impatient...not bitching just saying we thought 2.5 hrs later we still can't get on the game but no reasons why...

I always thought you guys did fixes off peoples input tho? or has this changed with Rolf's leaving as well?

how much money you spend isn't an input

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this