Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 17/DEC/18 Gone Fishing

Unfortunately, saddle sacks/bags were never intended to be a cheap, smaller version of a magic chest; a fix happened some time ago, when food decay was added to food items stored inside, and now the decay will have full rights as everywhere else.

There was a sort of *urban legend* among players that only - and only - food items will take decay (after the previous fix), but was never - and nowhere - stated saddle sacks/bags will prevent decay like inventory, a magic chest or a merchant does.

• Like 1

Why do I have an error when it shows the servers are online after the patch tried to install?

ʀᴇᴛʀᴏɢʀᴀᴅᴇToday at 3:44 PM

The update will take a little longer, we're getting the hotfixes out of the way while you're all off the server

Expect another hour minimum

Inde server is back online, but now I get an instant crash on "Startup Phase - Preparing Terrain"

Gui initialized
Startup Phase - Preparing terrain...
Execution aborted at connection 0, iteration 0
Run time 0s, local time Mon Dec 17 15:46:12 CET 2018
Destroying game window
====== CLIENT CRASH ======
Unexpected crash while playing
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at class.ErgzcnxSY5.<init>(SourceFile:82)
    at class.Deqd6BM7lz.<init>(SourceFile:88)
    at class.QfeUX7dGdb.<init>(SourceFile:241)
    at com.wurmonline.client.WurmClientBase.run(SourceFile:38278)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

• Like 1

So much added. O.O  In addition to the new priest dynamics, I'm curious as to the lore of the game. is it going to reflect the hierarchy between the main and demi-gods?  Also, thank you so much for the chicken coops.

• Like 2

I have to say im awfully impressed with the knowledge of fishing in real life that game developers have. I fish so much in real life, it's like a career or more to me. And to see things like braided line and all those goodies. I'm impressed. great job devs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeeNee said:

This is amazing! With all these restrictions removed from priests, are they essentially playable main characters now, or am I missing some key restrictions that remain? 

They still will not be able to imp anything, so what they make will always be low ql.

• Like 1

Is there a final list of spells for each god?

*edit* need to get CD online to burn sb building chicken coops. A lot here, need to make sure I get it below 5 hours....

Edited by ChampagneDragon

3 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Egg output

• Eggs will be created every 12 hours.
  • Egg ql is dictated by the ql of the coop. 
  • Egg count is equal to the count of the chickens.
  • If either the feeder or the drinker is empty on egg poll the chickens will be unloaded on the center of the tile where the coop resides.

I have a problem with the ql of the eggs being affected by the ql of the coop.  I was getting 99ql eggs from them just roaming in a pen.  I really don't want to see that change, so I won't want to use a coop either.  I prefer to actually see chickens roaming around than just a coop with them all loaded in like egg factories we have RL that make eggs so nasty tasting.

• Like 2

You're welcome to have chickens still roam, they will still lay eggs so there's no problem there. 

• Like 1

Just one more question, will I still get my 99ql eggs from free roaming chickens?  Seems to me it would make sense, as that is how it works RL, but making sense isn't always the goal here in Wurm.

• Like 2

So many changes. Keeps game interesting. One question I have is personal goals. I am halfway done wine making goal. Not sure if I can gather enough grapes before changes take place to finish. Do I just abandon goal? Put a lot of work into it so far but if it doesn't carry over why bother...

Thanks for all the hard work!

1 minute ago, Vroomfondel said:

Just one more question, will I still get my 99ql eggs from free roaming chickens?  Seems to me it would make sense, as that is how it works RL, but making sense isn't always the goal here in Wurm.

Eggs from roaming chickens was unchanged, and will remain the same.

• Like 3

For the fishing rods, I understand that rarity will transfer over to the new ones, but what about enchants?

2 minutes ago, Tria said:

So many changes. Keeps game interesting. One question I have is personal goals. I am halfway done wine making goal. Not sure if I can gather enough grapes before changes take place to finish. Do I just abandon goal? Put a lot of work into it so far but if it doesn't carry over why bother...

You can chose to abandon it or you can chose to continue regardless it'll be gone in Feb so it's up to you if you think you can finish before there is nothing they can do unfortunately :( 

3 minutes ago, Budzilla said:

For the fishing rods, I understand that rarity will transfer over to the new ones, but what about enchants?

Yes, there will be an upgrade option on the old rods

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, ausimus said:

Eggs from roaming chickens was unchanged, and will remain the same.

Thanks for the information, it relieves my mind.  But I will try to start a new trade in selling 99ql coops.  It will be a lot of work, so I won't sell them cheap, but at 99 in Carpentry and FC, I think I can handle it.

• Like 1

Wow, that was one awesome patch list. Lets hope it all works as intended :D

Great work people. Thank you.

Libila avaiable on Freedom. What for account which is Libila follower on Chaos and Vynora on Exo. Is the any update provided or I will have to go on Chaos and then come back with new faith? I hope there  will be some one time  option for faith change.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tria said:

In a similar boat as well as needing to find a forest giant (when I'm not at work).  Not sure why expiration date was needed when new characters would no longer be receiving personal goals.  This will have to be another "oh well, could have been nice" moment.

3 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Existing players with deities can have a one time transfer by using /transfer. There is currently no planned date for this window to end, any planned date will be announced in advance.

I hope that helps you carebear.

Edited by Vroomfondel

Sign in to follow this