Sign in to follow this  
jackjones

Wurm Online "Cancer Sucks" Fundraiser for Tich

Cancer Sucks

According to statistics, approximately 38.4% of men and women will be diagnosed with cancer at some point during their lifetimes. When you think about the size of your family, the statistics catch up to you, and suddenly cancer becomes something you experience first-hand.

I am no stranger to cancer. When I was 7-years old my oldest sister, Tammy, died from Leukemia. Then thirty years later, I got the diagnosis of a malignant tumor in my abdomen. Thanks to good doctors and a bit of luck, I am now a 10-year survivor of Stage 3 Malignant Peritoneal Mesothelioma. 

We recently lost Tich, one of the developers of Wurm Online, to cancer. Tich designed many of the features we know and love, including Bridges, Highways and Bees. Her death touches all of us in the Wurm Online universe.

And so we honor Tich's memory with a this fundraiser in hopes that science can help find cures for a disease that affects too many.  We have partnered with the Cancer Research Institute, which has a system of personal fundraisers:

https://fundraise.cancerresearch.org/fundraiser/1809564

The NEXA clan is planning a series of auctions on the WTA forum to benefit this fundraiser. Winners of auctions will be able pay for their item(s) with a donation to this fundraiser as a form of payment. (They take credit cards.) We'll take silvers and PayPal too, with all proceeds going to the fundraiser. These auctions will be linked here and will start soon.

Sincerely,

Jackjones

From the desk of Enki (Head Game Master)

Disclaimer: This fundraiser is not affiliated with Wurm Online or parent company Code Club AB.  As per Wurm Online rules all transactions are done at your own risk same as any other auction.  This is not a personal fundraiser.  This thread has been approved for publishing as an exception to the standard rules (pending rule updates) by the Head Game Master of Wurm Online.

Edited by Enki
Added Disclaimer for publishing approval
  • Like 17

Are you open to "donations" for the auction? If so then please post an ingame char where items can be mailed etc.

On 12/16/2018 at 10:52 PM, Nappy said:

Are you open to "donations" for the auction? If so then please post an ingame char where items can be mailed etc.

Sorry for the late reply, but yes, donated items can be mailed to me, Jackjones. 

Also, a credit card can be used for small cash donations on the fundraising site: https://fundraise.cancerresearch.org/fundraiser/1809564

Huge thanks to Alyeska and Xallo for donating the proceeds from a recent dragon scale sale!

• Like 2

Bump for a good cause - I dont know if this is still ongoing but if it is, donate what you can, people!