Sign in to follow this  
ayesha

Java 64 bit vs 32 bit issue

I have Window's 10 on a 64 bit machine - I have both 32 bit and 64 bit java downloaded/installed.  When I log in I get the warning about using the 32 bit java on a 64 bit machine.  I cannot figure out how to tell wurm to use the 64 bit version.  

Easiest way without creating a .bat file would be to uninstall 32 bit java. Basically nothing uses it nowadays, except for very, very outdated applications.

• Like 1

From my experiance,  if 32bit is installed after the 64bit, programs using java default to 32bit.And visa versa.

Keep seeing this post.  If you haven't fixed it yet then do this.

Uninstall ALL Java from Windows.

1)  Goto "Add/Remove Programs" or "Programs and Features" (depending on Windows version).

2) Find and remove ALL Java run times (be it 32 and 64 bit versions).

3) Reboot computer

4) Go to https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

and select "Windows Offline (64bit)" and download that installer.

5) After it's downloaded install Java.  This will install only 64-bit version of Java.

You should not have any issues with needing 32bit Java unless you have some really old java apps (really doubt it) that require it.  Unless you work in a business with old software then you should be fine.

Even Linux developers are talking about removing 32-bit support from the Linux Kernel for x86 based systems soon.

• Like 1