Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Sell actual land in Wurm / Heraldry

Not sure if anyone is aware but we rent the land from the king. Have you ever examined a deed form? "A form to fill out for renting land and creating a settlement." I want to own my land. 

My suggestion, should you choose to accept it developers, is allow people to permanently own land at 100x the price or something. You wouldn't be taxed and there would be no upkeep. Maybe you can create your own heraldry and house colours which could appear on a deed tabard. I think there should be a max limit so people don't just buy the entire server.

This would help fund the game development even further as well. Renting land is kind of underwhelming. A lot of other sandboxes games allow people to actually own land such as Entropia Universe. 

• Like 1

The idea might be feasible but it would need to be based upon at least an equal game income over a period of time or the game ends up losing potential game income. I would say that to purchase a piece of land based upon size the cost of the land should equal 5 years of the current upkeep plus the initial deed placement cost. Then after 5 years there is no more cost/upkeep involved. If this were the case would anyone really want to purchase a piece of land? There would need to be some additional benefit for purchasing the land such as you suggest of heraldry creation or some other perks added. Even then it is a gamble for anyone to purchase land on a long term basis such as this since unforeseen circumstances could arise preventing the purchaser from playing the game.

My main point is that the game should not offer something like this if they will loose income in the process. Take for instance a land purchase cost that would just equal 2-3 years of current upkeep. Then you have a Trader like situation again where players are just "investing" their upfront land purchase fee for free upkeep after a relatively short period of time. Also, resales of the property to other players needs to be taken into consideration as well or *paid* for land will just continue to be sold off to other players who will in essence be paid back their initial purchase price by whoever buys the land from them (like Traders had been). A can of "wurms" here which might be best not opening/initiated into the game.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

And what when player who purchased the land stops playing? His deed stays forever? That's bad

Even if you own the land you still need to pay tax to king. I actually thought that it is that scenario going on now not simple renting. When you deed you pay per tile that's buying land, and upkeep is your monthly tax, never mind that the tax is ridiculously higher than price of buying land

10 hours ago, Niki said:

Not sure if anyone is aware but we rent the land from the king. Have you ever examined a deed form? "A form to fill out for renting land and creating a settlement." I want to own my land. 

My suggestion, should you choose to accept it developers, is allow people to permanently own land at 100x the price or something. You wouldn't be taxed and there would be no upkeep. Maybe you can create your own heraldry and house colours which could appear on a deed tabard. I think there should be a max limit so people don't just buy the entire server.

This would help fund the game development even further as well. Renting land is kind of underwhelming. A lot of other sandboxes games allow people to actually own land such as Entropia Universe. 

Some people would just buy the entire coasts of all the servers eventually. I think it's a really bad idea 

• Like 1

Wonder how it would worked if someone wanted to resize his deed area above his owned land.

Altough customized heraldry would be nice.

-1 It sounds like a cool idea in some ways but in reality... I do not see it working out well.

-1 permanent land ownership

+1 for additional fee to have own heraldry only valid within a deed or alliance.

• Like 1

I dont know if rent free land is a good idea.

But some type of feudal system of baronies and such (with their own heraldry) could be fun.

• Like 1

-1 for eternal land ownership

+1 for letting non-pvp players get their own flags/tents/etc

• Like 2

-1 To permanent land ownership.  As others, I saw upkeep as tax, though a steep one if you have a large area.  Still trying to figure out how to get an audience with the King to voice my concerns over his high taxation of such loyal subjects...

Big +1 to a settlement being able to have it’s own heraldry, under certain conditions.

I had a larger idea involving a feudal system and counties being formed within the Freedom isles around settlements that met certain criteria, much as I hear kingdoms work in the Epic servers.  Gaining one’s own heraldry was a pat if that system.

Never posted on the idea though.  Still thinking through it.

Our own heraldry would rock though, either way.

• Like 1

Thanks for the posts even if you disagreed, good points here.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2018 at 8:36 PM, Ayes said:

The idea might be feasible but it would need to be based upon at least an equal game income over a period of time or the game ends up losing potential game income. I would say that to purchase a piece of land based upon size the cost of the land should equal 5 years of the current upkeep plus the initial deed placement cost. Then after 5 years there is no more cost/upkeep involved. If this were the case would anyone really want to purchase a piece of land? There would need to be some additional benefit for purchasing the land such as you suggest of heraldry creation or some other perks added. Even then it is a gamble for anyone to purchase land on a long term basis such as this since unforeseen circumstances could arise preventing the purchaser from playing the game.

My main point is that the game should not offer something like this if they will loose income in the process. Take for instance a land purchase cost that would just equal 2-3 years of current upkeep. Then you have a Trader like situation again where players are just "investing" their upfront land purchase fee for free upkeep after a relatively short period of time. Also, resales of the property to other players needs to be taken into consideration as well or *paid* for land will just continue to be sold off to other players who will in essence be paid back their initial purchase price by whoever buys the land from them (like Traders had been). A can of "wurms" here which might be best not opening/initiated into the game.

=Ayes=

traders