Mthec

[Released] Mthec's NPCs - Crafter, Buyer, DeliveryContracts, MerchantCap, CustomTrader, ToolPurchaser, Banker, BeastSummoner

7 hours ago, Batta said:

@MthecWe're having a problem with Delivery Contracts, v. 0.5.12

A player packaged up a sailboat and sold it on his merchant. The buyer extracted it at a buoy without problem, but the ship is now unusable.  

- When I right-click on it, I get an endless "refreshing" and no info

- GM can't summon it because of the endless refreshing

- GM can't delete or destroy the ship

- When I try using a keybind to push it, I get [12:14:53] No item found with id 14997714580226

I also had this issue but far less in depth than you I just forgot to report it and logs are long gone by now without extensive searching

I also had some console spam relating No item found with id with the mod and it would often cause server lag. I had to end up removing the mod because of the endless errors until I got around to reporting it.

On 9/9/2021 at 8:18 PM, Batta said:

@MthecWe're having a problem with Delivery Contracts, v. 0.5.12

A player packaged up a sailboat and sold it on his merchant. The buyer extracted it at a buoy without problem, but the ship is now unusable.  

- When I right-click on it, I get an endless "refreshing" and no info

- GM can't summon it because of the endless refreshing

- GM can't delete or destroy the ship

- When I try using a keybind to push it, I get [12:14:53] No item found with id 14997714580226

- Using the wand on the buoy tile, it shows that ship on the tile, with the ID mentioned above, but doing a #loadItem gives no result, not even an error message

- The seller changed ownership of the boat to the buyer, but the ship doesn't show up in either player's owned ships list

Sorry for the late reply, I was away yesterday.  Thank you for the detailed report.

What you're saying suggests the item is really gone, but hasn't been removed from players view for some reason.  You could check the wurmitems.db to see if the id is still there, but I doubt it.

I couldn't get the problem to occur on my end.  I packed and unpacked a caravel, traded it between characters, put it on a merchant, rebooted the server with the delivery note both on and off the merchant.

Is the ship still there when a player exits and logs back in?  Still there after server restart?

On 9/10/2021 at 4:10 AM, WesncIsMe said:

I also had this issue but far less in depth than you I just forgot to report it and logs are long gone by now without extensive searching

I also had some console spam relating No item found with id with the mod and it would often cause server lag. I had to end up removing the mod because of the endless errors until I got around to reporting it.

Sorry you had issues too.

If the 'No item found with id' errors said a number between 1-4 that was just an overly cautious message on my part.  Which I've now removed.  When destroying an item DeliveryContracts might appear, but that's just the normal log warning.  Something else however and I'll have to look into it further.

3 hours ago, Mthec said:

Is the ship still there when a player exits and logs back in?  Still there after server restart?

It took a server restart to make the ship disappear. However, the buyer is still out the 9s she paid for the ship, so it's still a problem if delivery contracts don't always work as intended.  

I checked the wurmitems.db before the server reset, and the ship was no longer there.

Edited by Batta

I was curious if adding some sort of item filter would be possible?

Rather it be only for that crafter or some kind of global item filter set via the config, whichever is easier?

I want to disallow players to use the crafters to imp metal minedoors only from Blacksmithing, everything else is fine

Crafter update

Download

Added the ability to block items from being accepted by Crafters, both globally for all Crafters and specific to each Crafter through the normal management screen.

GMs can use the command /blockcrafteritems to bring up the global restrictions menu.
Global restrictions will be added to individual Crafters the next time their individual settings are updated. So as to avoid surprises if they are re-enabled in the future.

On 9/29/2021 at 6:30 PM, WesncIsMe said:

I was curious if adding some sort of item filter would be possible?

Rather it be only for that crafter or some kind of global item filter set via the config, whichever is easier?

I want to disallow players to use the crafters to imp metal minedoors only from Blacksmithing, everything else is fine

It wasn't that much different implementing both at the same time.  I used a similar system I created for material restrictions.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mthec said:

Crafter update

Download

Added the ability to block items from being accepted by Crafters, both globally for all Crafters and specific to each Crafter through the normal management screen.

GMs can use the command /blockcrafteritems to bring up the global restrictions menu.
Global restrictions will be added to individual Crafters the next time their individual settings are updated. So as to avoid surprises if they are re-enabled in the future.

It wasn't that much different implementing both at the same time.  I used a similar system I created for material restrictions.

Thank you so much!!!

• Like 1

Hello : )
I was wondering if maybe we could get the option in the BeastSummoner mod to choose the trait of the mob we're summoning before purchase?
I understand there's a way to make the summons, globally, one type- however I think more people would sink more money into the merchant if they could decide what level of fighting they may be able to take on better.
I'd also personally just like to purchase lurking horses lol
Is there any chance of this in the near future?

On 10/11/2021 at 4:57 PM, pepofaec said:

Hello : )
I was wondering if maybe we could get the option in the BeastSummoner mod to choose the trait of the mob we're summoning before purchase?
I understand there's a way to make the summons, globally, one type- however I think more people would sink more money into the merchant if they could decide what level of fighting they may be able to take on better.
I'd also personally just like to purchase lurking horses lol
Is there any chance of this in the near future?

Sorry for the late reply, but I have been away for a few weeks.

So, the way this works with the GM Summon action is that only creatures with a Den or Rift creatures can have traits.  However it is possible to override this, which I have done with the update below.

Be aware, although it seems to work fine, there may be a reason it is normally disallowed in the Wurm Unlimited code.

BeastSummoner update

Download

restrict_types - If false, then BeastSummoners will be able to summon typed/trait versions (lurking, raging, greenish, etc.) of any creature template.  Not just those with a Den or Rift creatures. Default true.

BuyerMerchant update

Download

You can now schedule resetting the amount of an item that is purchased ('Limit').
Click Schedule on either the Buyer Management or Prices screen.

Every interval (in hours) the Buyer will update the 'Limit' option on their price list for the listed items.

e.g. With a 'Limit' of 5 the Buyer will purchase a maximum of 5 of an item, as it did already. If players only sell 3 of the item, then at the next update the Buyer will go up to 5 again. If players buy all of an item, it will be temporarily removed from the list, then at the next update added back at 5.

Crafter wound not have permission to access this forge.

I cant figure out what i am doing wrong lol

Crafter update

Download

Added "Invite to settlement" button to the Manage window.  It will only appear if your village is different to the Crafter's.

CustomTrader update

Download

Another update someone requested, you can now set inscriptions and recipes to paper items for the CustomTrader to sell.

9 hours ago, WolfHunt said:

Crafter wound not have permission to access this forge.

I cant figure out what i am doing wrong lol

That message appears when the Crafter does not have the "Pickup" permission for a deed.  I guess most people have it set for Everybody, but it makes sense that there should be an invite option.  So I added it to the Manage screen.  Then you can change them to whatever role you want, so long as it has the Pickup option.

Thank you.

Got the forge assigned. How long should it take for crafter to start imping?

They should start as soon as they have jobs, or donated items, to work on.  They will also wait for the items to heat up.

If that's not the case, are there any errors in the server log?

Guards wont let crafter imp.

Cant do that here.

Has pickup permission and every other one i could think of that might stop them

Update moved everything off deed and functions as intended.

Edited by WolfHunt
Update
  • Like 1

Crafter update

Download

Added some messages clarifying when permissions are needed.

10 hours ago, WolfHunt said:

Guards wont let crafter imp.

Cant do that here.

Has pickup permission and every other one i could think of that might stop them

Update moved everything off deed and functions as intended.

Thanks for the update.  I've had permissions set up on my test server for a while and so have forgotten what was needed.

So I tested it and found that you need the Improve permission for general crafting, and Pickup as well to use a forge.

• Like 1

It is possible to let display the remaining time for the reset of the trade cap of a buyer after you examine one?

BuyerMerchant update

Download

Added a message when you Examine a Buyer, with the time till the next update.  No message is added if the Buyer does not have an update schedule.  It also only shows the next update, rather than list out all the stock.

On 12/26/2021 at 5:16 AM, Saburoto said:

It is possible to let display the remaining time for the reset of the trade cap of a buyer after you examine one?

Done.

Hey we love your mods and use them alot!  I am curious about the setting for the Buyers to have free money and destroy items.  Is there a way to set that for each buyer?  Or is it just a server wide setting?

We'd love to have options for NPC buyers to have free money and destroy items, and player buyers to keep the items.  

Edited by EmmaGrace

BuyerMerchant update

Download

GMs (Power >= 2) can now set Buyer specific free_money and destroy_bought_items.
You can set Yes/No and also Default to revert to the global setting.
All other Buyers will continue to use the global setting.

On 1/16/2022 at 9:00 AM, EmmaGrace said:

Hey we love your mods and use them alot!  I am curious about the setting for the Buyers to have free money and destroy items.  Is there a way to set that for each buyer?  Or is it just a server wide setting?

We'd love to have options for NPC buyers to have free money and destroy items, and player buyers to keep the items.  

Done.

Wow!  Thank you so much.  This is going into my test server today and on to my live server at the next maintenance.  :)

@MthecI'm having trouble with my currency traders on a new server I'm helping set up. Unlike on any of my previous servers, they are wandering around.  Is there a config to stop this?  I tried Freeze but it doesn't last very long and then they're wandering around again.  

BuyerMerchant fix

Download

Fix for scheduling prices and intervals not always applying properly.

3 hours ago, Batta said:

@MthecI'm having trouble with my currency traders on a new server I'm helping set up. Unlike on any of my previous servers, they are wandering around.  Is there a config to stop this?  I tried Freeze but it doesn't last very long and then they're wandering around again.  

That's a new one.  I just copied the same settings as normal traders.  Are they moving as well?  My one thought is that there's another mod that increasing movement, but because they aren't normal traders they're being treated as random creatures.

Here is a possible fix (Download).  I just set their speed and "maxHuntDist" to 0, which should hopefully put a stop to any unexpected movement.

If not, does it happen to new Custom/Currency Traders?  Any particular settings for the ones that move?

Was having some issues after updating from an old version to the current. It was causing some weird interaction with Bdew's Area actions, You couldn't select rock or dirt. If you tried you got this

[09:10:10 AM] WARNING com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Communicator: Blinksy- action request failed.
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.bdew.wurm.betterfarm.area.AreaActions.lambda$tileBehaviourHook$1(AreaActions.java:32)
    at net.bdew.wurm.betterfarm.area.AreaActions.tileBehaviourHook(AreaActions.java:36)
    at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.BehaviourDispatcher.requestActionForTiles(BehaviourDispatcher.java:357)
    at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.BehaviourDispatcher.requestSelectionActions(BehaviourDispatcher.java:115)
    at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Communicator.reallyHandle_CMD_REQUEST_SELECT(Communicator.java:7597)
    at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Communicator.reallyHandle(Communicator.java:2362)
    at com.wurmonline.communication.SocketConnection.tick(SocketConnection.java:618)
    at com.wurmonline.communication.SocketServer.tick(SocketServer.java:172)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:2527)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)

On 5/22/2022 at 4:20 PM, Hakameda said:

Was having some issues after updating from an old version to the current. It was causing some weird interaction with Bdew's Area actions, You couldn't select rock or dirt. If you tried you got this

*snip*

Sorry for the late reply, I was away.

I've tried using bdew's BetterFarm mod, as that is the one that is encountering the error, and it doesn't seem to cause a problem on my end. 

However, I don't know how to make proper use of the mod.  Are there any settings you have setup/changed in the mod? 

Also, which of my mod(s) seems to be the problem?

It seems okay now, bdew pointed out that I was using a really old version of better farming. Though a different issue popped up. With setting max skill or max ql, it still imps over whatever you set it

Edit: No worries on late reply. Just a blind hope you may have still be keeping an eye on it

Edited by Hakameda