Mthec

[Released] Mthec's NPCs - Crafter, Buyer, DeliveryContracts, MerchantCap, CustomTrader, ToolPurchaser, Banker, BeastSummoner

I honestly hadn't thought of navigation. I was thinking of this in the context of an established server, where you'd probably have a pretty good idea of where other settlements and such are ("Delivery contract to Agent_Mike at Thornview"). My first thought is tile coordinates, which would work for many servers, but not for servers without a livemap or players not using a compass mod to show coordinates.

Something like the locate function might be good, especially for non-deeded NPCs. The Stake idea is also good; I just didn't want there to be a way to have a contract that's impossible to deliver. I suppose it still could be by placing the delivery location inside of an inaccessible location, so maybe having displayed coordinates as an option might help mitigate that, and beyond that I think it'd be on the server admin how they wanted to deal with such grief-play; Canceling the contract undelivered should probably be possible, or auto-canceling after a certain amount of time (to keep people from tying up a delivery indefinitely by not fulfilling it)

Regarding shipment weight, I think that should largely be up to the person setting up the shipment. If they need 500 kg of "knife, iron" delivered, they could break it into 5 shipments of 100 kg, 10 shipments of 50 kg, or so on, and then people could take the contracts based on how much they can haul at any given time. Probably common sense to set a maximum weight based on what a strong character could hold in their inventory, to prevent someone trying to create a single 500 kg contract that no one could ever pick up.

• Like 1

Awesome mods! One suggestion,  could you make some sort of traveling salesman possibly? 

• Like 1

I haven't been doing any modding lately (apart from fixes) but plan to get back to it this week.  Had a few games in my backlog to cut down.

23 hours ago, DariusWolfe said:

I honestly hadn't thought of navigation. I was thinking of this in the context of an established server, where you'd probably have a pretty good idea of where other settlements and such are ("Delivery contract to Agent_Mike at Thornview"). My first thought is tile coordinates, which would work for many servers, but not for servers without a livemap or players not using a compass mod to show coordinates.

Something like the locate function might be good, especially for non-deeded NPCs. The Stake idea is also good; I just didn't want there to be a way to have a contract that's impossible to deliver. I suppose it still could be by placing the delivery location inside of an inaccessible location, so maybe having displayed coordinates as an option might help mitigate that, and beyond that I think it'd be on the server admin how they wanted to deal with such grief-play;

Inaccessible delivery locations are an issue, but I'm not sure there is any way around it.  Even if it was restricted to NPCs there's nothing stopping people blocking them off, or placing them in a locked building.  Such is the freedom Wurm offers.  Maybe it's something that will just have to be left up to the server owners to sort.

Canceling the contract undelivered should probably be possible, or auto-canceling after a certain amount of time (to keep people from tying up a delivery indefinitely by not fulfilling it)

Definitely, it's something I was keeping in mind.  I did think one related idea would be a kind of "premium" delivery option, for an extra fee, where if after a certain time the order hadn't been delivered it would be delivered automatically.

As for cancelling, cancelling a delivery that hasn't been picked up yet (e.g. realising an error just after you placed the order) should happen easily.  However if a player has already picked up the package there should probably be some kind of cancel time.   Otherwise the person who placed the order can cancel immediately (e.g. if they need the goods at the start end) but forfeits a certain percentage of the cost to the person doing the delivery.

Regarding shipment weight, I think that should largely be up to the person setting up the shipment. If they need 500 kg of "knife, iron" delivered, they could break it into 5 shipments of 100 kg, 10 shipments of 50 kg, or so on, and then people could take the contracts based on how much they can haul at any given time. Probably common sense to set a maximum weight based on what a strong character could hold in their inventory, to prevent someone trying to create a single 500 kg contract that no one could ever pick up.

Now that you mention it, splitting too much might mean an order takes longer to be delivered.

22 hours ago, Governor said:

Awesome mods! One suggestion,  could you make some sort of traveling salesman possibly? 

It was something I thought about a while back, shouldn't be too difficult with a highway in place.  I thought about creating a different kind of waystone that would serve as a sort of centre post for a market.  It could block modifying the area, which the owner could turn off temporarily disabling the market whilst changes are made, so that a one time pathing calculation could work out the routes to all of the stalls.  A merchant that can wander everywhere would be nice, but long distance pathing and getting stuck would be an issue.

An easier way to do it might be to just have merchants teleport between unoccupied market stalls.  That way every market would see some fresh goods on a regular basis, and you wouldn't need to have highways in place.  One drawback would be that if people create too many stalls across the server loads of markets would be empty.  Could even be used as a type of griefing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mthec said:

It was something I thought about a while back, shouldn't be too difficult with a highway in place.  I thought about creating a different kind of waystone that would serve as a sort of centre post for a market.  It could block modifying the area, which the owner could turn off temporarily disabling the market whilst changes are made, so that a one time pathing calculation could work out the routes to all of the stalls.  A merchant that can wander everywhere would be nice, but long distance pathing and getting stuck would be an issue.

An easier way to do it might be to just have merchants teleport between unoccupied market stalls.  That way every market would see some fresh goods on a regular basis, and you wouldn't need to have highways in place.  One drawback would be that if people create too many stalls across the server loads of markets would be empty.  Could even be used as a type of griefing.

I was thinking about using the highway systems also. It is a good incentive to have players build them like the highway portals mod also since we dont have much use for them now. I like the new waystone idea, that should work nicely if you choose to go that route.

@Mthec

I added your mods to the modslist, thanks for your patience and sorry for the delay ❤️

Eject

• Like 1

Hello @Mthec

Just have an idea for the crafter mod

Is it possible to include a "manage" window like the pricelist of the buyers, where you can check/uncheck which items or itemcategorie this npc are willing to improve?

I like the idea of a little town where in this house is a carpenter in another house is a smith and so on..

Eject

17 hours ago, Eject said:

Hello @Mthec

Just have an idea for the crafter mod

Is it possible to include a "manage" window like the pricelist of the buyers, where you can check/uncheck which items or itemcategorie this npc are willing to improve?

I like the idea of a little town where in this house is a carpenter in another house is a smith and so on..

Eject

Should be easy enough to make it modifiable after placing.  I've gotten a bit behind on my modding but will sort it out.

On 4/30/2019 at 9:30 PM, Eject said:

@Mthec

I added your mods to the modslist, thanks for your patience and sorry for the delay ❤️

Eject

Thank you.

• Like 1

Hello @Mthec

I placed a crafter into a house on my starterdeed
[14:16:05] This is within the village of Arcadia.

but the message in the event window told me

[14:15:51] Sam is now a citizen of Eventbereich!

I dont know why this happens ?

Eject

Oh wait, i placed him with a gm that is mayor of Eventbereich

Edited by Eject

NPC Sam is now citizen from the correct deed, he is placed in a house:

[14:24:44] Sam would not have permission to access this forge.

i gave all permissions to citizens

Eject

Edit:

the npc dont walk arround

sending items with mail dont work, or i do anythink wrong ?

i cant equip clothes on the crafter (its not allowed)

It would be cool, if the forge dont lit after the job

Edited by Eject
  • Like 1

Crafter fix and update

Download

Mail when done fixed.
Forges are now put out when jobs are done.

Added Modify skills option to the Manage screen, to allow changing a crafter's skill set without dismissing and re-placing.

There are two options on this screen, one to remove/destroy any donation items that are no longer useful, and one to refund all items that can no longer be improved.  The latter still won't allow you to remove a skill for a current job if unchecked, it either refunds (which you may not want to do) or blocks changes.

On 5/8/2019 at 6:36 AM, Eject said:

Done.

On 5/11/2019 at 1:25 PM, Eject said:

NPC Sam is now citizen from the correct deed, he is placed in a house:

[14:24:44] Sam would not have permission to access this forge.

i gave all permissions to citizens

Strange.  Seems to work for me, it should work if the crafter is a citizen and has the pickup permission.  Could some build settings be override the settlement ones?

the npc dont walk arround

By walk around, do you mean wander when they're not busy or won't move to a forge when it is assigned?  They won't do the first at the moment.

sending items with mail dont work, or i do anythink wrong ?

Whoops, that's a bit of an oversight.  Guess I was paying too much attention to mailing when dismissing the crafter.

Should be fixed now.

i cant equip clothes on the crafter (its not allowed)

You can't drag them onto their inventory, you have to use right click -> Give.  Thinking about it, it may just be a GM thing, for equipping to the normal NPCs.

It would be cool, if the forge dont lit after the job

Done.

Edited by Mthec

You are awesome, thank you very much!

I putted my crafters now in millitary tents, this looks also good ?

Eject

• Like 1

Ok the problem we are having is large items like forges etc seem to work fine, but pack 100 bricks into a contract and the contract will slow you down, the weight is still counting in inventory for the bricks.

Forge oddly weighed 70kg in the contract.

Seems when packing bulk items, say you pack 9 rock shards, then pack 9 more, the first 9 are bugging out and keeping the weight in ghosted, the rest are packing fine. When redeeming the contract the first 9 bugged out and when picked up into inventory nothing could be done with them.

Edited by Xyp
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Xyp said:

Ok the problem we are having is large items like forges etc seem to work fine, but pack 100 bricks into a contract and the contract will slow you down, the weight is still counting in inventory for the bricks.

Forge oddly weighed 70kg in the contract.

Seems when packing bulk items, say you pack 9 rock shards, then pack 9 more, the first 9 are bugging out and keeping the weight in ghosted, the rest are packing fine. When redeeming the contract the first 9 bugged out and when picked up into inventory nothing could be done with them.

Hmm, can't seem to reproduce it on my end.  The end part sounds like it might be a window update I missed.  Does the contract or inventory show an increased weight, or does it just slow down movement?  I am also assuming this is on one character, and not a contract that is being traded around?  I can't see anything at the moment, but it may just be getting late, but I'll have another look tomorrow.

Also, interesting, just looked it up and 70kg is the actual weight of a forge/oven.

Hey let me get back with the players who discovered the problem and get some answers to your questions. I seem to recall them saying something about picking up the contract and having the weight, let me get some clarification for you.

• Like 1

Have not heard back from the player yet, however the GM who handled the initial bug report ticket responded with this:

The contract does not show the weight (in the way that normal containers do), and it doesn't add to the top-level Inventory weight either. It just slows you down. But it's item-specific. A smelter at 1000kg will not slow you down, but rock shards and mortar will. This was only tested on single character, not after a trade afaik.

This may also be tied into the bugged item problem. Let me test something real quick.

Nope. I was seeing if it only gave the ghost weight when you added items to a contract with things already in it, the same factor that breaks the items when you take them out. But simple test of creating 100 rock shards, packing all 100 at once into a delivery contract, I'm slow.

Still have a smelter in another contract, and wasn't slow til I added the rocks.

*in a second, empty contract.
  • Like 1

From the player: so @Xype I put rockshards in the contract, they weighed me down but the weight did not show up in the total weight of my inventory. I went to redeem the contract at my token and the weight stayed untill I relogged.

• Like 1

Thank you for all the information @Xyp.

I still can't reproduce it on my end, so I am assuming there is a mod conflict somewhere, something else working on carried weight.  I have created a modified version that applies the weight modification in a different way that will hopefully resolve the situation.

Download

If you could give it a test to verify it works on your end, I can tidy it up any loose ends.  Thanks.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mthec said:

Thank you for all the information @Xyp.

I still can't reproduce it on my end, so I am assuming there is a mod conflict somewhere, something else working on carried weight.  I have created a modified version that applies the weight modification in a different way that will hopefully resolve the situation.

Download

If you could give it a test to verify it works on your end, I can tidy it up any loose ends.  Thanks.

Just checking in but you are doing great work!  

thank you for your spare time and extra work-arounds for your mods !!!!!

• Like 1

ok just an fyi if you set the price modifier to 9999 on a crafter contract and donate a item to it you will get a ###### ton of gold .. for servers that are economy based with real money this could break them fast

Edited by Alystara
looks

i know that i asked you for a minimum modifier but a max modifer might be important too

i have no mod that adjusts carry weight, but ill try it out after the weekend, thanks :)

11 hours ago, WittleBunnBun said:

Just checking in but you are doing great work!  

thank you for your spare time and extra work-arounds for your mods !!!!!

Thank you.  ^_^

3 hours ago, Alystara said:

ok just an fyi if you set the price modifier to 9999 on a crafter contract and donate a item to it you will get a ###### ton of gold .. for servers that are economy based with real money this could break them fast

3 hours ago, Alystara said:

i know that i asked you for a minimum modifier but a max modifer might be important too

Sorry, I don't quite understand.  You shouldn't get any money from donated items.  As for setting the modifier too high, won't that still require someone to pay that amount in the first place?  If I've misunderstood let me know.

25 minutes ago, Xyp said:

i have no mod that adjusts carry weight, but ill try it out after the weekend, thanks :)

Oh well, guess I need to think up a new excuse reason.

a player set the price modifier to 9999 donated the item and the crafter compensates the owner the value of the item x the modifier some how, i guy on my server made 50 gold in just a short time

• Like 1

how does it work?

apparently when you donate items to the crafter they compensate you for them

oh so you can milk them like a trader?

no...not quite, I set my price multiplier to 9999 and then I get like 20g for a statuette

Edited by Alystara
  • Like 1

Crafter fix

Download

Fixed donations not being used, and money being given out for donations.
Fixed accepting donations of wrong type.

20 hours ago, Alystara said:

a player set the price modifier to 9999 donated the item and the crafter compensates the owner the value of the item x the modifier some how, i guy on my server made 50 gold in just a short time

20 hours ago, Alystara said:

how does it work?

apparently when you donate items to the crafter they compensate you for them

oh so you can milk them like a trader?

no...not quite, I set my price multiplier to 9999 and then I get like 20g for a statuette

Finally got it.  I was testing with 1ql items, since that's what I imagine I'd donate, but of course you could donate any ql and that finally revealed the problem.

Receiving money for donations was totally unintended, so I've just removed that.  I also found a couple of bugs along the way, so I dealt with them too.  Thank you for the report.