Mthec

[Released] Mthec's NPCs - Crafter, Buyer, DeliveryContracts, MerchantCap, CustomTrader, ToolPurchaser, Banker, BeastSummoner

CustomTrader update

Download

Added a new feature that allows you to set the character model of a Custom Trader.
Options are:

• Trader (default)
  • Human (Allows clothing and face customisation.)
  • Custom (Any Wurm model, yes even items.)

Same face customisation 'quirks' as the other mods that allow it.

Spoiler

birdcage_trader.jpg?raw=1

Yes, that's actually a trader.

On 6/16/2021 at 9:28 PM, Batta said:

It would be so cool if we could also customize the face and clothing of these NPCs.  I picture a very dark, scary one who will let you trade your health for goods.  🙂

Done.  Ended up being quite the little rabbit hole, exploring what models can be used.

On 6/18/2021 at 12:06 PM, Eject said:

Hello @Mthec

*snip*

Will have a go, I don't think it shouldn't be too difficult as there is already the GM wand creature summoning system.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mthec said:

CustomTrader update

Added a new feature that allows you to set the character model of a Custom Trader.

Thank you so much!

• Like 1

Because the crafter:

the contract was buying at the neighbour server, but there you cant create it

[21:58:51] You attempt to manage the crafter, but they don't exist for some reason.

if i go to the main server, i can create the crafter.

next problem is, if you move to another server and click on manage crafter from the server you come from, it destructed all the funcionality and the crafter is no more working.

it would be good, if crafter contracts will not be moved over servers like old deed contracts.

Eject

22 hours ago, Mthec said:

This is veryyyy coool 😃

• Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 5:18 PM, Mthec said:

CustomTrader update

Download

Added new Stat Trader, who works like a Custom/Currency Trader, except they take a stat as payment.
Options are:

• Favor - Priest Only
  • Health (adds an internal wound)

Each Stat Trader also has a ratio, to help dial in the payment.
e.g. 0.5 would mean a 50i item would require 25 karma. 2 would mean the item would require 100 karma.

Some notes on the stats:
Karma works in whole numbers, any decimals will be rounded down (minimum 1 per item).
Favor goes up to 100 but works in decimals (minimum 1 ÷ ratio or 0.0001 per item).
Health, or rather damage, goes up to 65534, Champions get a reduction. 1 more and death occurs (minimum 1 per item). Disclaimer - Mthec cannot be held accountable if somebody dies as a result of getting too close to the max and it going wrong.

It wasn't suggested before, so thank you.  It was interesting and I kind of ended up running with the idea.  Hopefully it does what you want.

Thought someone might use the Favor option as a sort of priestly service, either for followers or only those in the service.  Health for those who want to bargain with something a little darker...

Sorry for the late reply, but you are amazing!

• Like 1

Is there a way to break actual crafter orders?

A player made an order for a great helm, she selected QL 100, my crafter have platesmithing 91,65.

I guess he needs now a month to complete this great helm order, so stopping it would be cool.

Feature idea for GM´s

A way to set single skills for player crafters would be awesome, if the crafter have to be dismissed and new planted because the NPC is corrupted.

Eject

Edited by Eject

On 5/8/2021 at 3:53 PM, Mthec said:

It's been a while but I think it would be easy enough to customise the increment if you want it to go up in 5s instead.

That woud be very helpfull, if we can set this in the properties 😃

Question:

In properties i have set: remove_donations_at=10

What happens, if the crafter reaches skill 91-100?

Eject

Edited by Eject

Crafter again 😃

Now i got an info, thats not possible for players to equip the crafter, there is no "give" option. Just GM´s are entitled to equip crafters. Maybe the same problem is with the banker.

The next info i got is: if you trade hot wood items with the crafter, he is stopping the work. GM´s than have to remove the hot wood items from the crafter.

Would it be possible to include a barrier, so players cant give hot wood items to the crafter?

Thanks in advance

Eject

New Mod BeastSummoner plus updates to BuyerMerchant, Crafter, and CustomTrader

BeastSummoner Download

BuyerMerchant Download

Crafter Download

CustomTrader Download

BeastSummoner, a new type of NPC that can be placed by GM, to offer creature spawning services to players.

Features include:

• Summon lists
    • Specify creature templates, prices, age, cap on amount spawned in one purchase, limit creature type modifiers.
  • Currency
    • Choose between normal coin and (nearly) any item type for payment.
  • Tagged summoners
    • Like CustomTrader, set a named tag to share a summon list between multiple summoners.
  • Set spawn point
    • Set the spawn point where the creatures will be created, it doesn't have to be near the summoner themselves, and you can also set a range (in tiles) where multiple creatures will be spread out.
  • Creature Type Price Modifiers
    • Set global modifiers for creature type modifier in .properties. e.g. Champion creatures could be set to 2 to double the price compared to other types.
  • Summoner customisation
    • Set the model, and optionally the face (if using human model), of the Beast Summoners.

Disclaimer - In order to support the widest possible use of this mod, I've not limited the creatures you can spawn, offering all those offered by the GM Summon menu.  However this may mean that there are things you shouldn't be spawning.  Be sure to test any before you unleash try them on players.

BuyerMerchant - Required compatibility fixes with BeastSummoner and other mods.

CustomTrader - Required compatibility fixes, moved Face/Model customisation to new window.

Crafter - Various fixes, see below.

Stop current job button.  For those times where a job gets stuck or would take a long time.  Automatically refunds and mails the item to the customer.

New Player Give option, allowing Players to Give items to their Crafters like GMs can.  Only works for Crafters the player has the contract for.

Moved Face/Model customisation to new window.

Note - BuyerMerchant and CustomTrader don't need to be updated if you don't want to use BeastSummoner and Crafter.  But if you do, the updates are required.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Creature ages information:

2-3 young
< 8 adolescent

< 12 mature

< 30 aged

< 40 old

>= 40 venerable

On 6/21/2021 at 9:03 PM, Eject said:

it would be good, if crafter contracts will not be moved over servers like old deed contracts.

Fixed.  Be sure to transfer any affect crafter contracts back to the server where the crafter is before updating.

On 6/29/2021 at 3:08 PM, Eject said:

Is there a way to break actual crafter orders?

Added.

On 6/29/2021 at 8:42 PM, Eject said:

Question:

In properties i have set: remove_donations_at=10

What happens, if the crafter reaches skill 100?

Donations are removed either when they reach the crafters skill + remove_donations_at, or when they pass 99.999999ql.  I kind of set that maximum just because, so if it would be useful to be slightly lower I could change that.

On 7/1/2021 at 11:37 AM, Eject said:

Now i got an info, thats not possible for players to equip the crafter, there is no "give" option. Just GM´s are entitled to equip crafters. Maybe the same problem is with the banker.

Added for Crafter.  Requires they have the contract in their inventory.  GMs are unaffected.  Banker already had that feature, in fact they don't need to be owned, I just hadn't done it elsewhere.

On 7/1/2021 at 11:37 AM, Eject said:

The next info i got is: if you trade hot wood items with the crafter, he is stopping the work. GM´s than have to remove the hot wood items from the crafter.

Would it be possible to include a barrier, so players cant give hot wood items to the crafter?

Hot wood items seem to be fine on my end (tried bow and shield at glowing).  What item in particular is the crafter getting stuck on?  Anything in the crafter log file that might show another reason?

On 6/26/2021 at 9:52 AM, Sperg said:

Sorry for the late reply, but you are amazing!

Glad I could be of help.

Edited by Mthec
Added disclaimer.
  • Like 1

@Mthecyou are so great!

Thanks for all your updates bugfixes and the new NPC

I will play around today with the BeastSpawner, i try also to use it, to fill dungeons 😃 

Eject

Is there a way to keep Skelettons alive? They are always death after spawning 😃

I like to make a horror-dungeon

Maybe this is an idea fpr a beastmaster update or a new NPC (i know you love to create awesome Npc´s ^^)

A Dungeon NPC should just be created from GM´s and Players should just be able to start the dungeon for money.

Ideas to setup the dungen npc:

create different mob collections for each room like

Room1: 4 skelettons, 3 zombies

Room 2; 3 skelettons, 1 worg, 5 goblins

setup the coordinates like you do it with the whole NPC but here just for each collection.

setup a random loot for each creature (ql 80 sword chance 30% for goblins)

shout out a serverwide message if the dungeon is started by players (or make a countdown that players can choose)

auto-gift an item (or more) in the inventory, if all mobs are killed. (or if a collection of mobs (in a room) are killed)

Thats just some ideas i have atm 😃

Edited by Eject

Found some little bugs:

Beastspawner:

The NPC always faces to south, also if player make a request

Crafter:

You cant equip cloth shoes, this shoes disappers in the air

Question:

Is there a way to unequipe clothes for players? Or change them.

Eject

Can you make a minimum price of "0" for the beastsummoner nstead of "1"?

that would be very easy for gm´s to spawn with special beast summoners ^^

Eject

BeastSummoner, Crafter, and  CustomTrader updates

BeastSummoner Download

Crafter Download

CustomTrader Download

Some fixes and new features, see below.

I've also change the lists to use radio and checkboxes, whilst I prefer the buttons they don't layout properly when the lists get long.  Thought I might find a workaround, but sadly not.

11 hours ago, Eject said:

Is there a way to keep Skelettons alive? They are always death after spawning 😃

I forgot to add a little disclaimer to my post.  I've let BeastSummoner add all the creatures that the GM Summon tool will allow plus any others added by mods.  This does mean some spawns might behave strangely, or not at all.

Turns out Skeletons are an easy enough fix.  Every creature has a max age, and for skeletons that means an ancient 2.  But even when you spawn one at that age there is a somewhat random chance of them dying of old age anyway.

So, firstly I've added the max ages to the summon list so that you can't spawn one over that age, secondly I've adjusted a setting so that the age won't be checked right after spawn (although this could still mean early deaths, depending on how long you take to fight), and thirdly, for good measure, I've bumped skeleton max age to 10.

Found some little bugs:

Beastspawner:

The NPC always faces to south, also if player make a request

Sorted.

Crafter:

You cant equip cloth shoes, this shoes disappers in the air

Strange, they work for me.  Are you just using a plain "cloth shoe"?

Question:

Is there a way to unequipe clothes for players? Or change them.

Added.  There is now an option called Remove item, which only shows if one, you're allowed, and two if they have any items that can be removed.  Then it opens a window where you can select which items to remove.

On a related matter, when adding the Give to CustomTraders I forgot to block them wearing their stock, it will now not let you Give them anything they supply.  However, providing an item with a small QL difference will work just fine.

2 hours ago, Eject said:

Can you make a minimum price of "0" for the beastsummoner nstead of "1"?

Done.  Added an option to the .properties, and set the default to 0 (as GMs can hopefully be trusted).

I hope you know what you're doing...

Edited by Mthec
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Mthec said:

I hope you know what you're doing...

lool yes :)

I built my new dungeon and placed some beastsummoner at a tower where no player can go. these summoners only get summon prices with 0 so its faster for gm´s to fill the dungeon rooms.

VtZvKR9.png

My Dragon Arena have beastsummoners outside with prices for players

aKG0cqf.jpg

• Like 1

@Mthec 😃

Maybe i forget this,

the banker also always looking at the southside, maybe i forget an update?

Eject

Hello : )
I'm trying to place a currency custom merchant/trader and I feel a little lost?
I know I've done so before but I cannot see any option for it.
unknown.png

I thought I remembered "Currency Trader" or something similar being underneath "Custom Trader" but I'm thinking I'm misremembering?

If I choose Custom Trader there is no visible place to change a currency that I'm finding.

I have the option, maybe you need an update:

GPKuSmF.png

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Eject said:

I have the option, maybe you need an update:

GPKuSmF.png

Now *that is* interesting.
This is what I see for those
unknown.png
They're two different "Place Npc"s

Please look, if you have the mod installed correctly and in the right folder.....and properties are not disabled.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eject said:

Please look, if you have the mod installed correctly and in the right folder.....and properties are not disabled.

All figured out : ) Thank you

1 minute ago, pepofaec said:

All figured out : ) Thank you

Wonderfull 😃

Happy wurming! ^^

Back again OTL
I'm trying to add items to the custom trader (not currency trader) and I'm now getting this message
unknown.png
Any suggestions?
I've tried backing out of the window and trying everything all over again and it just keeps giving me this message.
I successfully get all the way to this window
unknown.png
Clicking "Finish" prompts the error.

8 minutes ago, pepofaec said:

Back again OTL
I'm trying to add items to the custom trader (not currency trader) and I'm now getting this message
unknown.png
Any suggestions?

That message appears when there is some issue with the database.

If you don't have any traders placed yet, you can try deleting "customtrader.db" from WurmServerLauncher/<server-name>/sqlite, and trying again.

Otherwise if you could check the server log you should see a section that contains "SQLException", paste what you find here and I'll take a look.

• Like 1