Mthec

[Released] Mthec's NPCs - Crafter, Buyer, DeliveryContracts, MerchantCap, CustomTrader, ToolPurchaser, Banker, BeastSummoner

41 minutes ago, Zera said:

Unfortunately that's all it gave me. :(

Strange, it really looks like it is missing something from the end.  So much for that idea then.

When does this error happen, is it when a player performs some kind of action (like adding an item to the list, or when trading), or does it show up on it's own (possibly every few seconds)?

4 minutes ago, Mthec said:

Strange, it really looks like it is missing something from the end.  So much for that idea then.

When does this error happen, is it when a player performs some kind of action (like adding an item to the list, or when trading), or does it show up on it's own (possibly every few seconds)?

It was showing up randomly on it's own.
The funny part is, the only NPC in the world at the time was a single Tower Guard.
No Deeds have been placed for Templars, there's no Traders (custom or otherwise), no bartenders, nothing.

41 minutes ago, Zera said:

It was showing up randomly on it's own.
The funny part is, the only NPC in the world at the time was a single Tower Guard.
No Deeds have been placed for Templars, there's no Traders (custom or otherwise), no bartenders, nothing.

Weird.

I'm thinking then, that it doesn't have anything to do with CustomTrader.  The reason it's appearing in the logs is because the problem is happening at some point when the creatures are polled and CustomTrader hooks into that.  But it shouldn't actually do anything except to CustomTraders.

Sorry I cannot be of further help.  If you get any different messages, let me know.

7 minutes ago, Mthec said:

Weird.

I'm thinking then, that it doesn't have anything to do with CustomTrader.  The reason it's appearing in the logs is because the problem is happening at some point when the creatures are polled and CustomTrader hooks into that.  But it shouldn't actually do anything except to CustomTraders.

Sorry I cannot be of further help.  If you get any different messages, let me know.

Ill accept that answer. Lol!

Admittingly there are a lot of unexplained happenings with the server itself and errors etc;

Thanks for taking a look and Ill let you know if something else pops up.

• Like 1

Thanks for your mods!  Used the Buyer for an Easter event I ran -- the server is still new, so the guys were happy to have something to keep them amused.

On 2/4/2019 at 4:38 PM, Mthec said:

Mini Update

Download

Changed GM Destroy action so that it destroys items that have fallen out of a contract.
Added a server command (#dcCleanup) to check for the above and remove across the whole server.  Limited to once per minute because it could cause lag with a lot of items on the server.

Added two options to .properties, default for both is false.

no_decay_in_contract

If true items inside a contract will not be subject to decay.

no_decay_food

If true food inside a contract will not be subject to decay. Overridden by no_decay_in_contract.

Fixed bug with items in containers in contracts.

Just to clarify - if I don't want food to take damage, BOTH no_decay_in_contract  and no_decay_food must be set to 'true'?  This is what I'm getting from the "overridden' comment - that if the former is set 'false', it doesn't matter what the latter is set to.  Don't know why you need both, if this is the case.

Couple of questions, beyond the one I already asked. .

Is there a minimum weight something needs to be to go in a contract?    I have a player who set up a personal merchant to sell affinity food (we have the mod that lets food give the same affinity to everyone), but the food would decay very quickly (even if cooked with salt, and wrapped) - so I went looking to see if there was a mod that could be set to keep food (or even other things) from decaying on a merchant, and ran across this delivery contract with the setting that should (presumably) take care of the issue.  I'm not positive of what the setting was before, but the food was decaying anyway.  I might have not set both items 'true'.  Trying once again, with the settings definitely set this way.  Will try other settings, if you tell me this isn't right. Or if there needs to be something bigger than a 2kg portion of a meal in a contract.

Also, the food is 'renamed' with the affinity it is for, and it is visible on the merchant when the + is clicked to open each contract. These have a * at the end of the 'rename' (not put on at the time of renaming) in the window.  Does this mean anything in particular?

Thanks for any light you might be able to shed on this!

Edit:

With both 'decay' parameters marked as "true", the food is still decaying.   I can try another combination, but I'm leery of that 'Overridden by no_decay_in_contract' comment.

2nd Edit:

With no_decay_in_contract set 'false', and no_decay_food set 'true', the food decays.    The only other combination I have left is no_decay_in_contract set to 'true' and no_decay_food to 'false', but that seems counter-intuitive.  I will attempt it, nonetheless. 

3rd Edit:

Still the food decays. 

I don't really know Java (my expertise is in mush code, and doing some minor scripting), but I took at look at the source files, and the DeliveryContractMod.java file does reference the 'no_decay_in_contract' and 'no_decay_food', and it sets  'setNoDecay' and 'setNoDecayFood' as appropriate to 'true', but I don't see anywhere else in that file that takes it into consideration.  Admittedly, those could be system variables, and theoretically it knows what to do with them, but given the behavior,  I would say not.  

Edited by Tyarra
Further Info
  • Like 1

I'm really enjoying your mods.  I have recently opened a public server (Platinum Isles).  I'm using the buyer merchants as a primary coin seed for players on our server while simultaneously buying materials for improving infrastructure.  So far I have yet to run into any major concerns aside from the fact that sellers can't seem to have any warning before the Buyer reaches the purchase limit.  It would be nice to have an integer somewhere that displays the remaining quantity left for the order.

3 hours ago, Mr_Abel said:

I'm really enjoying your mods.  I have recently opened a public server (Platinum Isles).  I'm using the buyer merchants as a primary coin seed for players on our server while simultaneously buying materials for improving infrastructure.  So far I have yet to run into any major concerns aside from the fact that sellers can't seem to have any warning before the Buyer reaches the purchase limit.  It would be nice to have an integer somewhere that displays the remaining quantity left for the order.

You can set the quantity to a fairly high number in the .properties file (max_items).  Also, if you don't need the stuff that it being sold to the buyer, you can also set it to destroy the goods in that .properties file (destroy_bought_items).  But, you did say for building infrastructure, so I would recommend setting that 'max_items' to a number that'll be big enough to hold what it buys until you can come and collect it.

• Like 1

I currently have max items set to 10,000 and that seems to be working fine so far.  I'm trying to find where the person selling to the buyer can see how many more the buyer will accept based on the limits you can set.  I have several players on my server already enjoying the system we're using and so far limits have not yet been reached but some are getting close.  There isn't any sort of visible indication or remaining quantity/limit counter to inform the players how much more they can sell (at least not that we can find).  I can see the remaining amounts and even change them in the price management screen (which is nice), but that information isn't shared.

At present, there is a buy order for any QL/type plank of 1,000.  Approximately 800 have been filled.  The players filling this order have no way of knowing they can only sell 200 more before the buyer mysteriously wont accept them anymore unless I open up the manage menu.  Is there an indicator somewhere we may be over-looking?  Would it be possible to add a remaining quantity display in the sell window or event log?

• Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 3:58 AM, Tyarra said:

Just to clarify - if I don't want food to take damage, BOTH no_decay_in_contract  and no_decay_food must be set to 'true'?  This is what I'm getting from the "overridden' comment - that if the former is set 'false', it doesn't matter what the latter is set to.  Don't know why you need both, if this is the case.

It is the other way round, if no_decay_in_contract is 'true' then no_decay_food does not matter.  Unless, I guess, you did want food to decay but nothing else, in which case that wouldn't currently work.

So, if you only want food to be protected from decay, then no_decay_in_contract should be 'false' or removed, and no_decay_food should be 'true'.

On 4/22/2020 at 3:58 AM, Tyarra said:

Is there a minimum weight something needs to be to go in a contract?    I have a player who set up a personal merchant to sell affinity food (we have the mod that lets food give the same affinity to everyone), but the food would decay very quickly (even if cooked with salt, and wrapped) - so I went looking to see if there was a mod that could be set to keep food (or even other things) from decaying on a merchant, and ran across this delivery contract with the setting that should (presumably) take care of the issue.  I'm not positive of what the setting was before, but the food was decaying anyway.  I might have not set both items 'true'.  Trying once again, with the settings definitely set this way.  Will try other settings, if you tell me this isn't right. Or if there needs to be something bigger than a 2kg portion of a meal in a contract.

Also, the food is 'renamed' with the affinity it is for, and it is visible on the merchant when the + is clicked to open each contract. These have a * at the end of the 'rename' (not put on at the time of renaming) in the window.  Does this mean anything in particular?

*snip*

I don't really know Java (my expertise is in mush code, and doing some minor scripting), but I took at look at the source files, and the DeliveryContractMod.java file does reference the 'no_decay_in_contract' and 'no_decay_food', and it sets  'setNoDecay' and 'setNoDecayFood' as appropriate to 'true', but I don't see anywhere else in that file that takes it into consideration.  Admittedly, those could be system variables, and theoretically it knows what to do with them, but given the behavior,  I would say not.  

There shouldn't be a minimum weight for items in contracts.

The '*' marks which items were no decay before going into the contract, so that when they leave they can be reset properly.

The two values are used in PackContractAction.java, in markItemAndSubItems.

Strange that the food is decaying, especially as the '*' is there meaning the food shouldn't have decayed outside the contract either.  Any other mods that may alter decay rates?

I've changed the setNoDecay behaviour slightly, in case taking the items in and out of contracts was causing issues.  Download.  But I don't think that is the cause.

17 hours ago, Mr_Abel said:

I currently have max items set to 10,000 and that seems to be working fine so far.  I'm trying to find where the person selling to the buyer can see how many more the buyer will accept based on the limits you can set.  I have several players on my server already enjoying the system we're using and so far limits have not yet been reached but some are getting close.  There isn't any sort of visible indication or remaining quantity/limit counter to inform the players how much more they can sell (at least not that we can find).  I can see the remaining amounts and even change them in the price management screen (which is nice), but that information isn't shared.

At present, there is a buy order for any QL/type plank of 1,000.  Approximately 800 have been filled.  The players filling this order have no way of knowing they can only sell 200 more before the buyer mysteriously wont accept them anymore unless I open up the manage menu.  Is there an indicator somewhere we may be over-looking?  Would it be possible to add a remaining quantity display in the sell window or event log?

I've made an update, hopefully it covers what you need.  Let me know if it's not quite right.

BuyerMerchant update

Download

On a Buyer, if the item has a purchase limit it will now show the remaining number on the item label.
e.g. log, applewood - limit 123

• Like 3

Great, thank you!  That's exactly what we were looking for.  You are amazing!

• Like 1

Thanks for the update!  It will take a few hours before finding out if it works or not.

Yes, at one point, I used the Update Restrictions on these meals, and marked them "Decay disabled", but they decayed anyway.   The current trial with the latest update (0.5.9-beta) has both 'decay' options set to true, and half the meals in Delivery Notes have been "decay disabled" ... I'll report back in about 6 hours or so.  *fingers crossed* 

As far as I know, we have no other mods that relate to decay rates.  I'll go over them carefully, but the only other one that I even know about is bdew's "no damage", and since it stops EVERYTHING from taking damage, I didn't even bother downloading it.

And thank you for the java lesson.  I really should get into it, since I have ideas about mods of my own.  Isn't that a scary thought?!

Edit:

Alas, it still is decaying.  Here's the display on the merchant:

ScreenShot-2020-0425.png

*sigh*

Edited by Tyarra
Further Info
  • Like 1

DeliveryContracts fix

Download

Fixed issue with items taking damage in delivery contracts when no decay was true.

On 4/24/2020 at 10:07 PM, Tyarra said:

Thanks for the update!  It will take a few hours before finding out if it works or not.

Yes, at one point, I used the Update Restrictions on these meals, and marked them "Decay disabled", but they decayed anyway.   The current trial with the latest update (0.5.9-beta) has both 'decay' options set to true, and half the meals in Delivery Notes have been "decay disabled" ... I'll report back in about 6 hours or so.  *fingers crossed* 

As far as I know, we have no other mods that relate to decay rates.  I'll go over them carefully, but the only other one that I even know about is bdew's "no damage", and since it stops EVERYTHING from taking damage, I didn't even bother downloading it

Alas, it still is decaying.  Here's the display on the merchant:

*sigh*

Think I've sorted it.  The decay was happening somewhere else in the Wurm code, and I missed it.  Sorry about that.  Let me know if you have any more problems.

On 4/24/2020 at 10:07 PM, Tyarra said:

And thank you for the java lesson.  I really should get into it, since I have ideas about mods of my own.  Isn't that a scary thought?! 

Terrifying.  Take it from me, don't let yourself get drawn in or you'll never escape!

• Like 1

Good day. Is it possible to make the Crafter setting more subtle?
It is extremely critical for me that he can only work with those metals that will be specified in the settings for each profession. i.e., a blacksmith of weapons and armor - iron, steel. Jeweler-silver, gold. Carpenter-birch, oak, cedar. And exclude the possibility of using krafter as a multi-class character. ie, make a choice of profession from the drop-down list. I want players to be able to use them on their own, but under more careful control.

6 hours ago, Cley said:

Good day. Is it possible to make the Crafter setting more subtle?
It is extremely critical for me that he can only work with those metals that will be specified in the settings for each profession. i.e., a blacksmith of weapons and armor - iron, steel. Jeweler-silver, gold. Carpenter-birch, oak, cedar. And exclude the possibility of using krafter as a multi-class character. ie, make a choice of profession from the drop-down list. I want players to be able to use them on their own, but under more careful control.

Sorry for not replying to your PM, I did read it.

I was busy with the bugfix and I'm busy today, but will look into it soon.  Should be possible.

• Like 2

Your mods are really fantastic! I will be very grateful to you if you can make a more subtle adjustment. Sparsely populated servers need this kind of NPC to maintain life. I will wait for news from you.

THANK YOU!  All (apparently) fixed now, no decay showing up on the food in the delivery notes.  Got a late start, but it's been several hours, and no damage yet.  If there's anything other issues, I'll be sure to let you know.  

Thank you again!!

• Like 2

Crafter update

Download

Added restricted materials list, found on the management screen. If left blank the Crafter will accept all item materials as usual, if not they will only accept items made from a material that is on the list.

Added single_crafter_skill option to .properties. If added and set true Crafters can only be assigned 1 skill, instead of allowing multiple. Already placed Crafters will continue to finish current jobs in other skills, but will limit all new jobs to 1 skill. Which will be the "first" skill in the order I use in the mod, it can, of course, be changed if it is not what the owner wants.

Tagging @Cley

• Like 2

Thank you very much! Huge-huge! I've been waiting for your news! I am very happy!!!

• Like 1

Crafter bugfix and update

Download

Fixed bug with the order of restricted materials.

Added change_skill_after_placement option, if added as false then skills cannot be changed without dismissing and re-hiring the Crafter.  Works with single and multiple skills.

• Like 1

Discovered a reversion, perhaps, to some earlier items mentioned in earlier posts about the Delivery Contracts.  (Sorry, I seem to be all gloomy news for you here.)

1. Delivery notes can't be mailed.  Get the message that you can't drop that.

2. I packed up 20 logs into a delivery note, and went to grab 20 more, and I was told that I couldn't carry that much weight.

Also, not sure, but,  I thought a container of things could be put into a delivery note?  If so, how is this done?  I tried putting a Large crate, with it both on a cart, and on the ground.    If it's supposed to be able to be done, and this is how it is supposed to be done, then we have three re-bugs.

Sorry.  :(

Edit:

Forgot to mention - the "no decay" works wonderfully!   Thank you again for that!!

Chagrined Edit:

Glitched character.  Traded off the contract to someone else, and was able to continue to pack up logs - trading it off right away.  But, even after handing them all off, she was still was moving as though encumbered.  The other person was able to move unencumbered, AND was able to mail the contracts.  Logged off the glitched character, logged back on, moving freely.  Off to buy some more contracts, so I can verify the rest of it.  I think what happened was that I had the contracts in a satchel in my backpack, and the delivery note also ended up in the satchel in my backpack - which made for extra layers. 

Checking it outside of the backpack now. :) 

And ... 1. is working now - I can mail a delivery note!   

But ... 2. is still a problem.  nothing displays as me holding 20 logs worth of weight, but I /move/ as though I am holding 20 logs worth of weight, and I can't bring another 20 logs into my inventory.  This is with the delivery contracts in my regular, open inventory, not inside of something.  And, this is after mailing the delivery note as well.  I had to relog to clear the character.  I'll have the other character try it, it might just be the one character.  😕

And, the other character has the same issue, still having 'ghost' weight once packing up a large weight into a delivery contract.

Sorry. :(  I was hoping it was just my character glitching for it all.  At least the mailbox part works!

Edited by Tyarra
  • Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 8:08 PM, Tyarra said:

*snip*

Sorry about all that, not your fault.  The weight "fix" has always been a little finicky.

Try this new version and see if it helps:

Download

Could the mod spawning ash into forges interfere with the crafter's ability to imp metal things? Seems to not want to imp anything metal and has assigned forge

1 hour ago, Hakameda said:

Could the mod spawning ash into forges interfere with the crafter's ability to imp metal things? Seems to not want to imp anything metal and has assigned forge

I've noted that the crafter can only take a certain amount of stuff at one time -- I think 5 items?  Ash Produce mod spawns a lot more than that, so it's possible it's overloading your crafter.  I'd test this theory by removing Ash Produce.

EDIT:  I mean you can trade only a very limited number of items to the crafter at one time, though you can eventually trade all your stuff for imping if you do it in small batches, one after the other.

Edited by Batta

It has the items, it's just not imping them. Forge is lit. Only thing in it is one big pile of ash

9 hours ago, Hakameda said:

It has the items, it's just not imping them. Forge is lit. Only thing in it is one big pile of ash

If you take out the ash with a GM does it start working again?

I'm not far off releasing another update so I'll include a possible fix in that.

15 hours ago, Batta said:

I've noted that the crafter can only take a certain amount of stuff at one time -- I think 5 items?  Ash Produce mod spawns a lot more than that, so it's possible it's overloading your crafter.  I'd test this theory by removing Ash Produce.

EDIT:  I mean you can trade only a very limited number of items to the crafter at one time, though you can eventually trade all your stuff for imping if you do it in small batches, one after the other.

Hmm, that doesn't sound right.  Something else to look at I guess.  Never tested it with a large amount of items.