Mthec

[Released] Mthec's NPCs - Crafter, Buyer, DeliveryContracts, MerchantCap, CustomTrader, ToolPurchaser, Banker, BeastSummoner

On 9/23/2019 at 1:33 AM, evilkilem said:

Trying to add the Crafter to our server... get this error on start up, spams it every few secs.

Haven't placed one yet.

*snip*

Hmm, strange that you would be getting that error without having placed a crafter.  What it is saying is that it has found a creature that it thinks is a Crafter, but can't find it's workbook.

Further up in the logs, during server load, there should be a line that says "No workbook found on creature (<creature-id>)".  If you don't mind, could you use a GM character to find out what creature it is?  In-game you can use the GM wand, right click on an item and select Creatures>GM interface, scroll down to GM Tool and type the id in, then click send.  You could also look in the creatures database if you know how to do it.

If you're not comfortable doing that, I can look in to writing up a workaround.

Some quick possibilities off the top of my head, it is a Crafter (in which case deleting the creature is the easiest solution), some kind of problem with the mod id database (maybe a removed mod), some other mod conflict involving creatures, or I've missed something.

• Like 1

Mini Crafter Update

Download

Added moon_metal modifier. Default is 1.0 to keep it in-line with past behaviour.  The modifier is applied on top of the base_price modifier, like dragon_armour.

To be explicit, moon_metal consists of adamantine, glimmersteel and seryll.

Edited by Mthec

so after creating a new crafter i got this https://ibb.co/tCYVX53

even if i mark those skills with the numbers it says he needs to have 1 skill selected to not sure if it broke somehow

• Like 1

Crafter and MerchantCap fix

Crafter Download

MerchantCap Download

Fixed issue with one of my libraries being updated before the recent Crafter update.

These should be the only mods that are affected, however you don't need to update MerchantCap unless you also want to use Crafter.

11 hours ago, tyrfang said:

so after creating a new crafter i got this https://ibb.co/tCYVX53

even if i mark those skills with the numbers it says he needs to have 1 skill selected to not sure if it broke somehow

Sorry about that.  I updated one of my libraries a while back, but since I have all of my mods installed it hid the problem on my end.  All should be good now.

For some reason the Trader is not showing  personal buyer contract as available for purchase. I'm playing on Adventure offline server. Not sure what I may have done wrong. I have the most updated version of both Mod Launcher and the Buyer mod., and I ran patcher.bat after installing the mods. I uploaded a picture of my file structure 

(EDIT: Issue resolved, I had to run the WurmServertLauncher-patched app to get it to show up)

Edited by Liya
  • Like 1

Is there a way to make the Crafter follow the server's current skill rate or set its own?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WesncIsMe said:

Is there a way to make the Crafter follow the server's current skill rate or set its own?

It should be following the server skill rate already.

I could add a separate skill rate for Crafters if you want, there is just the question of would it be a multiplier on top of the server rate or override the server rate?

10 hours ago, Mthec said:

It should be following the server skill rate already.

I could add a separate skill rate for Crafters if you want, there is just the question of would it be a multiplier on top of the server rate or override the server rate?

Seperate settable skillrate for crafters would be really cool but if you adding that I suppose it would have to act like overall override. 

I'm also curious as to where it's set in the file? We use a custom skill ramping system and I would love to apply this to the crafter

• Like 1

Crafter update

Download

Added crafter_skill_gain_rate to .properties (default disabled).
This overrides the server wide skill gain for Crafters if applied.  Set 1 or comment out to use server skill gain value.
Also removed the beta tag since everything seems to be going okay.

14 hours ago, WesncIsMe said:

Seperate settable skillrate for crafters would be really cool but if you adding that I suppose it would have to act like overall override. 

I'm also curious as to where it's set in the file? We use a custom skill ramping system and I would love to apply this to the crafter

I've added the option, let me know if it doesn't quite work right for you.

The skill gain rate for Crafters isn't really set anywhere, it just uses the built-in skill system.  Depending on how your system is applied I would have thought it would still work for Crafters.  The one possibility I can think of is if your system applies to Players, as Crafters are technically Creatures, so some of the Player specific skill stuff (e.g. stamina affecting amount gained) does not apply.

• Like 1

Having an issue with players receiving an item multiple times. They will receive it via mail, Then it will take it from the inventory and mail it again. Not sure what might be causing this just started recently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingtren said:

Having an issue with players receiving an item multiple times. They will receive it via mail, Then it will take it from the inventory and mail it again. Not sure what might be causing this just started recently.

Having this issue aswell. 

• Like 1

I had updated to the latest versions of buyer, crafter, and deliverycontracts today. I seem to be unable to drop or place items at all with deliverycontracts enabled, reverting back to the older version(0.5.6) does not have this issue.
I disabled all other mods except buyermerchant, crafter, and deliverycontracts, and was still unable to drop anything. I don't see any errors in the server log from it either, and aside from playing the animation of dropping/placing an item, nothing actually happens in-game, no messages from dropping or anything giving reason why it didn't work. I was still able to plant items like ovens from my inventory, if that's useful info at all.

Aside from this very minor issue, I've quite enjoyed these mods. Thank you very much for them~

• Like 2

Crafter fix

Download

Hopefully fixed the issue with items being mailed repeatedly or being available for pick-up after having being retrieved the item from the mail.
Fixed several other bits and pieces I discovered along the way.
Also, I have changed the way money is handed out to Crafters. Before the value on the Management screen would be inaccurate, now money is only given out on completed orders.

Note: Some money may be lost on pre-update orders. Sorry about that.

Apologies for the late reply, thought it would be dealt with sooner so I left off posting.

On 12/19/2019 at 2:20 AM, Kingtren said:

On 12/19/2019 at 3:44 AM, WesncIsMe said:

Having this issue aswell. 

I couldn't reproduce the multiple mail issue, however I have experienced it in the past (and thought it was fixed).  But I did find another issue that was causing similar problems and have re-jiggled the system in a way that should fix all problems of that type.

Let me know if things still aren't right on your end.

On 12/19/2019 at 5:31 AM, Metallumere said:

I had updated to the latest versions of buyer, crafter, and deliverycontracts today. I seem to be unable to drop or place items at all with deliverycontracts enabled, reverting back to the older version(0.5.6) does not have this issue.
I disabled all other mods except buyermerchant, crafter, and deliverycontracts, and was still unable to drop anything. I don't see any errors in the server log from it either, and aside from playing the animation of dropping/placing an item, nothing actually happens in-game, no messages from dropping or anything giving reason why it didn't work. I was still able to plant items like ovens from my inventory, if that's useful info at all.

Aside from this very minor issue, I've quite enjoyed these mods. Thank you very much for them~

DeliveryContracts fix

Download

Fixed issue with dropping items.

No idea why it was released that way, just my own stupidity.

Just to let you know, I haven't missed this and will working on it next.

Well that was easier than I thought it would be.

Thank you for the kind words.

Edited by Mthec
Another update
  • Like 1

Id like a seller merchant that can have endless stock, like a brick merchant that doesn't need to be restocked by a GM

• Like 1

I'm back with another issue!

There seems to be a problem with crafters and setting can_learn to false.
If i set or comment out starting_skill or max_skill in any combination it seems to result in the same thing; the crafter cannot have its skill cap set in the hire window, and it always results in saying "skill cap value was invalid" when trying to press send.
PMMSJjB.png

And, i guess just as a feedback thing: I like that crafters can improve their skills over time, i'm not very happy with the idea that they'll always be there endlessly improving the same item indefinitely. I figured the system was supposed to make use of many items donated, but it seems they are content to keep the same singular donated item and improve it indefinitely rather than toss it out when they're done with it and move on to the next donation. At least, i assume this is intentional behavior? If not, then this is another issue report: Crafters endlessly improve one donated item.

I also quite like the above suggestion of an endless stock of select items on merchants! My plan was to just use deliverycontracts of brick packages to sell on merchants, essentially forcing bulk purchases of an otherwise seemingly infinite stock, so it'd be nice to have an actually infinite stock.

• Like 1

Crafter update/fix

Download

Added a new window only accessible to GM (specifically power 2+) characters that allows setting the skills of Crafters directly.
Donations should now be improved in the proper order.
Some miscellaneous changes.

On 12/30/2019 at 4:43 AM, Metallumere said:

There seems to be a problem with crafters and setting can_learn to false.
If i set or comment out starting_skill or max_skill in any combination it seems to result in the same thing; the crafter cannot have its skill cap set in the hire window, and it always results in saying "skill cap value was invalid" when trying to press send.

This is more of a difference between how I started the mod (for players) and how it's developed with feedback (also GM controlled). 

So what I have done is, firstly, made it so that GM characters can always set the Skill Cap of their controlled Crafters (subject to starting_skill and max_skill in .properties, commenting them out sets them to defaults (20 and 99.99999)).  I've also added a second screen, that will not be available to normal players, called "Set Skill Levels", which lets GMs set the skill levels directly.  e.g. You could set Blacksmithing to 50 and Jewellery to 30, when using can_learn=false, and customers will only be able to select improvement for items up to that level.

The message was a bug.

And, i guess just as a feedback thing: I like that crafters can improve their skills over time, i'm not very happy with the idea that they'll always be there endlessly improving the same item indefinitely. I figured the system was supposed to make use of many items donated, but it seems they are content to keep the same singular donated item and improve it indefinitely rather than toss it out when they're done with it and move on to the next donation. At least, i assume this is intentional behavior? If not, then this is another issue report: Crafters endlessly improve one donated item.

This one sort of comes down to laziness on my part.  When setting up donation items I didn't want to accidentally throw an item away just because it had reached its cap for the time being.

I've changed it now so that it will always work in order of lowest to highest ql.

Sorry about that.

On 12/29/2019 at 7:15 PM, Xentakinor said:

Id like a seller merchant that can have endless stock, like a brick merchant that doesn't need to be restocked by a GM

I also quite like the above suggestion of an endless stock of select items on merchants! My plan was to just use deliverycontracts of brick packages to sell on merchants, essentially forcing bulk purchases of an otherwise seemingly infinite stock, so it'd be nice to have an actually infinite stock.

I haven't had much time for modding lately, but this is a suggestion I was given a long time ago (and felt I didn't know enough at the time) and has also been recently requested.  So I've started working on it now.

It shouldn't be too difficult, but due to time constraints it might be a while before it's ready.  It also depends how many more bugs people find in my current mods...

Apologies for taking a year to reply. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mthec said:

I've also added a second screen, that will not be available to normal players, called "Set Skill Levels", which lets GMs set the skill levels directly.  e.g. You could set Blacksmithing to 50 and Jewellery to 30, when using can_learn=false, and customers will only be able to select improvement for items up to that level.

THANK YOU!!! I didn't even know i wanted this!

I said it before and i'll say it again; these mods are very nice, thank you so much. They work to bring life to an otherwise lifeless world of only several people(if even that!) working together/against in a private server, and i can only hope we see more of things like this now that Unlimited is on the backburner indefinitely.
The only thing i could possibly complain about now(aside from any more bugs) would be customizing the appearance of crafters. I've noticed you handle it based on their internal IDs, which is actually very clever, just wish i could manipulate that a little more easily.
I don't know if you've seen how Bdew did custom NPCs, i don't expect you to just whip up a custom UI(Well, i guess it was more hacking it than anything) to do it like he did, but he has his data exported into a map-specific config file:
BPiS7Zh.png
But, this is very minor, and there's probably a good reason Bdew abandoned that mod entirely.
Thanks again~ I know it's typically a thankless effort, so i'll say it on behalf of everyone!

Edited by Metallumere
  • Like 1

Hello, so im using the crafter mod, and another mod that drops tools of different materials, and when the crafter is about to improve a supreme bronze pickaxe, it gets stuck, using a gm to look in its inv i can see that the bronze lump is bugged, and stuck on refreshing when right clicked, is this something i can fix myself or is this an actual mod bug? (it creates a 0.10kg bronze lump, everytime, and same thing happens everytime, i've tried to remove the crafter and replace it, and restarted the server and nothing works)

this is what the console is outputting when i righclick the lump

Spoiler

[02:13:27 FM] VARNING com.wurmonline.server.items.Item: Bugged item showing as banked: Item [ID: 2230382499330, Name: lump, Template: lump, QL: 99.99999, Rarity: 0, Tile: 629,996]
[02:13:34 FM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Communicator: Zeaf- action request failed. No such item. com.wurmonline.server.NoSuchItemException: No item found with id 2230382499330

thanks in advance 

Zeafaw

• Like 1

Downloaded the crafter update today. Seems there's still the issue with setting can_learn=false and trying to hire: "Skill cap value was invalid."

I briefly fiddled with the new item donation system. It definitely feels much better, though i'm still not all too sure about an NPC potentially being left to skill up indefinitely. I don't think i'll set them to be able to learn unless they eventually trash donated items, or something like that. I'm sure that's just me though, maybe it's not as worrying as i expect.

• Like 1

Crafter update/fix

Download

Metal lumps of special types were becoming bugged when they were low weight.
Missed Hire question in previous fix.
Added remove_donations_at option to .properties.  Set to a whole number (positive, zero or negative) to have crafters destroy donation items when the item reaches the ql plus the value relative to their current skill (Default disabled).

For example, at a value of 10, items will be destroyed when their ql reaches 10 or more ql above the crafters skill for that item.

e.g. With 30 skill in Blacksmithing, a shovel will be destroy when the ql is greater than:

• 10 - 40ql
  • -10 - 20ql
  • 0 - 30ql
On 1/4/2020 at 1:14 AM, zeafaw said:

Hello, so im using the crafter mod, and another mod that drops tools of different materials, and when the crafter is about to improve a supreme bronze pickaxe, it gets stuck, using a gm to look in its inv i can see that the bronze lump is bugged, and stuck on refreshing when right clicked, is this something i can fix myself or is this an actual mod bug? (it creates a 0.10kg bronze lump, everytime, and same thing happens everytime, i've tried to remove the crafter and replace it, and restarted the server and nothing works)

Fixed.  This was caused by special metal lumps having a low default weight, so that larger items consume the entire lump.  I was so certain I'd sorted that out, but it must have been for something else.  Shouldn't require any extra work on your part.

On 1/5/2020 at 2:26 PM, Metallumere said:

Downloaded the crafter update today. Seems there's still the issue with setting can_learn=false and trying to hire: "Skill cap value was invalid."

Whoops, I missed the Hire question in the previous update.

On 1/5/2020 at 2:26 PM, Metallumere said:

I briefly fiddled with the new item donation system. It definitely feels much better, though i'm still not all too sure about an NPC potentially being left to skill up indefinitely. I don't think i'll set them to be able to learn unless they eventually trash donated items, or something like that. I'm sure that's just me though, maybe it's not as worrying as i expect.

I've added a new option that should help with this.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mthec said:

Added remove_donations_at option to .properties.

You've done it again! And this time, i'm not seeing any immediate issues. Thank you so much. You are a beautiful beautiful being~
If you're still open to suggestions; I'd think it'd be wise to log trashed donations(Unless it already does that? My logs seem to be blank, so i can't tell if so). It'd be cool to get statistics as well, like how many actions have been made in the crafter's lifetime, or how much total quality the crafter has created per skill in its lifetime, etc.
Otherwise, i think you've perfected Crafters! Congratulations~ I look forwards to any future mods you find the time for!

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 2:18 PM, Mthec said:

apply_max_to_merchants
If true merchants will use the above value as well.  If removed or changed merchants will keep the default 50.

I felt sure that this used to apply to our regular personal merchants, but now they will take only 100 items again.  Am I remembering incorrectly?  Or perhaps when we were disabling mods, we accidentally disabled something required thing to make this work?  

Edited by Batta
  • Like 1