Mthec

[Released] Mthec's NPCs - Crafter, Buyer, DeliveryContracts, MerchantCap, CustomTrader, ToolPurchaser, Banker, BeastSummoner

Buyer Merchant update

Download

Added new option to Price List entries.  Limit will restrict the amount of that type that players can sell to Buyers.  It will reduce with every trade, then the entry will be removed when the maximum number have been bought.  Default is 0, which means no limit.

On 3/22/2019 at 3:19 PM, Yarilo said:

Can you please tell whether it is possible to install a certain quantity of the purchased goods from the buyer? For example, I need to buy 60 nails, how can I set a limit on the number? Thank you.

This is now done.  Let me know if you expected something different.

1 hour ago, Mthec said:

Buyer Merchant update

Download

Added new option to Price List entries.  Limit will restrict the amount of that type that players can sell to Buyers.  It will reduce with every trade, then the entry will be removed when the maximum number have been bought.  Default is 0, which means no limit.

This is now done.  Let me know if you expected something different.

Doing great work ! Thank you for being so active with this mod. Its great content!

• Like 1

@Mthec On the Buyer merchant, I set max items to 1000 but it won't take more than 100 total from all players.  I had 2 players fill up the buyer in a day, and then nobody else could sell to it until I collected the items.

Edited by Batta

48 minutes ago, Batta said:

@Mthec On the Buyer merchant, I set max items to 1000 but it won't take more than 100 total from all players.  I had 2 players fill up the buyer in a day, and then nobody else could sell to it until I collected the items.

That is strange.  I've just given it a test on my end and it seems to be working fine.  The only thing 100 makes me think of is the client limit of transferring from the inventory window to the trade window, but you said you had to collect the items to free it up so it wouldn't be that.

When you start up the server, one of the last few lines should be "Buyer max items set to..." or "Buyer and merchant max items set to...".  Does that say the correct amount?

54 minutes ago, Mthec said:

When you start up the server, one of the last few lines should be "Buyer max items set to..." or "Buyer and merchant max items set to...".  Does that say the correct amount

It says 

Line 2087: [11:56:16 PM] INFO mod.wurmunlimited.buyermerchant.BuyerMerchant: Buyer and merchant max items set to 1000

But when we tried to sell it more than 100, it kept giving a message that the buyer couldn't buy anymore right now because it was full.  I sent my GM over to empty it, and found that it had only 100 items.

Notice that it shows only 99 free slots left, with one item purchased:

0rYBNa8.jpg

I also notice that it's giving no info for "Bought month" or "Bought life" -- is that expected?  This Buyer has bought 101 items so far.

EDIT:  Here's the message we get when we try to add the 101st item:

[17:18:15] Buyer_Recallrunes says, 'I cannot add more items to my stock right now.'

Edited by Batta
  • Like 1

Okay, all of a sudden everything I said above has changed.  I'm able to get 1000 items into the buyer now, though I swear I didn't change anything at all.  

• Like 1

Buyer Merchant fix

Download

Fixed Bought values on management screen.  Also added horizontal scroll to appropriate windows.

14 hours ago, Batta said:

Okay, all of a sudden everything I said above has changed.  I'm able to get 1000 items into the buyer now, though I swear I didn't change anything at all.  

No worries.  Sometimes errors crop up and solve themselves without ever knowing why.  Thank you for the information though, it can really help diagnose these things.

Also you were correct about the Bought Month/Life values.  Should be fixed now, and I've removed the ratio as it doesn't do anything else for buyers.

@MthecIs the "purchase limit" a limit for all time from that player, or just for each individual transaction?  I ask because it won't let me set the limit higher than 999, and if I leave it at 0 I get an error saying that the minimum purchase is higher than the purchase limit.

• Like 1

Buyer Merchant fix

Download

Fixed message.  Extended limit to 4 chars.

1 hour ago, Batta said:

@MthecIs the "purchase limit" a limit for all time from that player, or just for each individual transaction?  I ask because it won't let me set the limit higher than 999, and if I leave it at 0 I get an error saying that the minimum purchase is higher than the purchase limit.

Gah.  Knew there was something I forgot that I found when testing earlier.  Sorry about that.

So to clarify, the limit is in total across all players.  The message you were getting doesn't actually stop anything from working it just warns you that the limit is below the minimum(to save people having to re-add the entry).  Except they way I wrote it the message would be sent when they were both at their default settings.

The limit, erm, limit was only restricted to the form, it can technically be really, really high.  I just didn't know how far to extend the form so left it at a maximum of three.  But I ended up adding the horizontal scroll anyway as the form is getting pretty wide.

7 minutes ago, Mthec said:

So to clarify, the limit is in total across all players. 

What settings would I use if I want the minimum purchase to be 1, but the limit to be infinite?   I would have thought I'd use 0 for the limit, but it doesn't allow that because the minimum is 1.  This is a GM Buyer, to help clean up leftovers on the server.

Edited by Batta

36 minutes ago, Batta said:

What settings would I use if I want the minimum purchase to be 1, but the limit to be infinite?   I would have thought I'd use 0 for the limit, but it doesn't allow that because the minimum is 1.  This is a GM Buyer, to help clean up leftovers on the server.

1 for "Min. Purchase" and 0 for "Limit" would be correct.  Not sure what the problem is as it seems to work fine for me.  Minimum purchase must be 1 or higher, but you should be able to set limit to 0 (for infinite).

It won't work for the owner, but if this is for other GMs then it should still work.

crafter is causing a crash for me... only happens when the 'trade' option is used on the crafter's menu. Have tried with both GM toons and player toons both cause a crash:

server.log:

Spoiler

[07:06:30 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.questions.QuestionParser: Vanyel summoned player Dragonholme, with ID: 1308663368960 at coords 2380,2255 teleportlayer 0
[07:06:30 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: VisionArea null for Dragonholme, creating one.
[07:07:17 PM] SEVERE com.wurmonline.server.Server: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:394)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Players.pollPlayers(Players.java)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:1906)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor13.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ProxyServerHook$6$1.invoke(ProxyServerHook.java:181)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:384)
    ... 4 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.wurmonline.server.items.Trade: method <init>()V not found
    at com.wurmonline.server.items.CrafterTrade.<init>(CrafterTrade.java:37)
    at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.TradeAction.action(TradeAction.java:108)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modsupport.actions.ActionPerformerBehaviour.action(ActionPerformerBehaviour.java:92)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modsupport.actions.WrappedBehaviour.lambda$action$11(WrappedBehaviour.java:110)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modsupport.actions.WrappedBehaviour.action(WrappedBehaviour.java:211)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modsupport.actions.WrappedBehaviour.action(WrappedBehaviour.java:110)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modsupport.actions.ActionPerformerChain.action(ActionPerformerChain.java:85)
    at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.Action.poll(Action.java:3480)
    at com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.ActionStack.poll(ActionStack.java:243)
    at com.wurmonline.server.players.Player.pollActions(Player.java:9693)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Players.pollPlayers$1(Players.java:4594)
    ... 9 more

[07:07:17 PM] INFO org.fourthline.cling.UpnpServiceImpl: >>> Shutting down UPnP service...
[07:07:18 PM] INFO org.fourthline.cling.UpnpServiceImpl: <<< UPnP service shutdown completed
[07:07:18 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down at: 
java.lang.Exception
    at com.wurmonline.server.Server.shutDown$1(Server.java:3703)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.server.ProxyServerHook$8$1.invoke(ProxyServerHook.java:232)
    at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modloader.classhooks.HookManager.invoke(HookManager.java:384)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Server.shutDown(Server.java)
    at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:2587)

[07:07:18 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.ai.CreaturePathFinder: Shutting down Norm pathfinder
[07:07:18 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.ai.CreaturePathFinderAgg: Shutting down Agg pathfinder
[07:07:18 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Stopping HighwayFinder
[07:07:18 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Polling Battles
[07:07:18 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.ai.CreaturePathFinderNPC: Shutting down NPC pathfinder
[07:07:18 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Saving Players
[07:07:18 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Players: Saving Players
[07:07:18 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Players: Finished saving Players
[07:07:18 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Clearing Item Database Batches
[07:07:18 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Saving Creatures
[07:07:18 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Clearing Creature Database Batches
[07:07:21 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Saving all creatures
[07:07:21 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creatures: Saved 0 creature statuses.
[07:07:21 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Saving All Zones
[07:07:21 PM] INFO gensekiel.wurmunlimited.mods.treefarm.TaskPoller: Saved 0 tasks.
[07:07:21 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Saving Surface Mesh
[07:07:21 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Saving Rock Mesh
[07:07:21 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Saving Cave Mesh
[07:07:22 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Saving Resource Mesh
[07:07:22 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Saving Flags Mesh
[07:07:22 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Saving Constants
[07:07:22 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Saving WurmID Numbers
[07:07:22 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: Shutting down - Closing Database Connections
[07:07:22 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.DbConnector: Starting to close all Database Connections.
[07:07:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.DbConnector: Finished closing all Database Connections.
[07:07:24 PM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.Server: The server shut down nicely. Wurmcalendar time is 175614
[07:07:24 PM] INFO org.fourthline.cling.UpnpServiceImpl: >>> Shutting down UPnP service...

crafter.properties:

Spoiler

classname=mod.wurmunlimited.npcs.CrafterMod
classpath=crafter.jar
sharedClassLoader=true

update_traders=false
contracts_on_traders=false
output=save

base_price=1.0
mail_price=1000

# Refined pricing modifiers
blacksmithing=1.0
weaponsmithing=1.0
jewelrysmithing=1.0
chainsmithing=1.0
platesmithing=1.0
carpentry=1.0
fine_carpentry=1.0
fletching=1.0
bowyery=1.0
leatheworking=1.0
clothtailoring=1.0
stonecutting=1.0

dragon_armour=10.0

# Other Options - Uncomment to use.
## for_owner (-10%), tax_and_upkeep (default 25 or set upkeep_percentage), all_tax
payment_option=all_tax
upkeep_percentage=25.0
#contract_price_in_irons=0
can_learn=true
starting_skill=50
max_skill=150

Maybe I've borked the properties? 

I'm also using the 'Donation Fix' release in case that matters....

Please help

• Like 1

Crafter fix

Download

Fix for issue when BuyerMerchant is not also installed.

5 hours ago, Vanyel said:

Maybe I've borked the properties? 

I'm also using the 'Donation Fix' release in case that matters....

Please help

Not your fault.  The problem was I also had another of my mods running on my test server, running without that mod caused your issue and of course it wouldn't appear for me when I was testing. 

Sorry about that.  Should all be fixed now.

I'm the kind of person that installs a mod, loads the server, plays with/tests a mod thoroughly where/when applicable before installing the next mod...

So if I'd been just a bit less AR and installed all your mods together this wouldn't have been an issue? next mod was going to be the buyer lol 

I'm so so sorry for wasting your time, but thankyou for the fix as I'm sure someone will only want one or the other at some point.

• Like 1

nice mod.

question: does the crafter improve all items that are improvable? like clay items (pottery), fletching, shield smithing, and weapon smithing, for example?

i may have missed more, because i dont see those in the price list in crafter.properties 

• Like 1

Crafter update

Download

Added shield smithing and pottery (clay) to skill options.

Altered Forge message in Manage to specify when a forge is not needed.

9 hours ago, Vanyel said:

I'm the kind of person that installs a mod, loads the server, plays with/tests a mod thoroughly where/when applicable before installing the next mod...

So if I'd been just a bit less AR and installed all your mods together this wouldn't have been an issue? next mod was going to be the buyer lol 

I'm so so sorry for wasting your time, but thankyou for the fix as I'm sure someone will only want one or the other at some point.

Not a waste at all, needed to be fixed.  ?

4 hours ago, Griffith said:

nice mod.

question: does the crafter improve all items that are improvable? like clay items (pottery), fletching, shield smithing, and weapon smithing, for example?

i may have missed more, because i dont see those in the price list in crafter.properties 

Ah, I knew there was one of the main ones I was missing.

Fletching and weapon smithing should already be on the list.  I missed shield smithing.  As for clay, I left it off because I wasn't sure people would use it much, but I don't see any reason why not to add it so added it is.  Thank you for the feedback.

• Like 1

i am not sure the donate for skill option is working .. or we need more clarification on the process i donated 10 mallet of 1 ql and 10 mallets of 50 ql and no change to skill or anything indicating that those items were being used

also the buyer is throwing out some errors on my server if you would like the reports i can recreate them

i have noted that players are setting the price modifier to .001 and getting everything really cheap compared to a setting of 1

also i am worried about and endless money gain .. crafter owner sets crafting modifier to .001 and crafts 10 pickaxes to ql whatever then gets 75% ish of the money back from the crafter  then also takes the pick axes to the local tradr and sells them for more cash than it cost him to create and imp the pickaxes

Edited by Alystara
additional comment

3 hours ago, Alystara said:

i am not sure the donate for skill option is working .. or we need more clarification on the process i donated 10 mallet of 1 ql and 10 mallets of 50 ql and no change to skill or anything indicating that those items were being used

The way it should work is the crafter will improve the item to get skill as a player would.  It's not an instant boost or anything like that.  The item is added to their work book but paid jobs take priority, so if the crafter is busy they might not get to them.  If that doesn't sound right, let me know.

also the buyer is throwing out some errors on my server if you would like the reports i can recreate them

Yes please.

i have noted that players are setting the price modifier to .001 and getting everything really cheap compared to a setting of 1

also i am worried about and endless money gain .. crafter owner sets crafting modifier to .001 and crafts 10 pickaxes to ql whatever then gets 75% ish of the money back from the crafter  then also takes the pick axes to the local tradr and sells them for more cash than it cost him to create and imp the pickaxes

I think what might be best is if, one, I add an option to turn off price modifier for server owners that don't want it, and two add a minimum option for those who want finer control.  Balancing the economy between Wurm and various mods can be difficult.

Crafter update

Download

Added two new options, use_owner_price_modifier (default true) and minimum_price_modifier.

Fixed "Money to collect message".

Edited by Mthec
Update released

thanks i will try the new updated version and recreate that error for you with the buyer

• Like 1

Getting this error with the newest Crafter release when I try to use the contract:

[05:32:59 AM] INFO com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Communicator: Metallumere- communication failed: 
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(FloatingDecimal.java:1838)
	at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.parseFloat(FloatingDecimal.java:122)
	at java.lang.Float.parseFloat(Float.java:451)
	at com.wurmonline.server.questions.CrafterQuestionExtension.getFloatOrDefault(CrafterQuestionExtension.java:18)
	at com.wurmonline.server.questions.CrafterHireQuestion.answer(CrafterHireQuestion.java:74)
	at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Communicator.reallyHandle_CMD_BML_FORM(Communicator.java:3504)
	at com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Communicator.reallyHandle(Communicator.java:2403)
	at com.wurmonline.communication.SocketConnection.tick(SocketConnection.java:618)
	at com.wurmonline.communication.SocketServer.tick(SocketServer.java:172)
	at com.wurmonline.server.Server.run(Server.java:2527)

No crafter appears.

Edited by Metallumere
  • Like 1

Crafter fix

Download

Fixed placing issue with last update.

1 hour ago, Metallumere said:

Getting this error with the newest Crafter release when I try to use the contract:

*snip*

No crafter appears.

Whoops, sorry about that.

7 hours ago, Alystara said:

thanks i will try the new updated version and recreate that error for you with the buyer

Thank you.

• Like 2

After a couple hours testing/adding/removing mods, there seems to be an issue between your crafter and delivery contract mods with Governor's 'GM Commands' mod 

the commands for some reason no longer work (unknown command) when either crafter and/or delivery contracts are installed.

As a non-coder ( I make a rock look like a coding prodigy on my best day) I have a feeling the main issue may be something concerning traders (there is a #resettraders command, and your mods also have some reloading of traders)..

Then again, that's just a hunch on my part....

I'm hoping it's just something small-ish, that can easily be fixed as I really would like to have all 3 mods working together... Strangely enough, buyer mod works fine with GM Commands.... 

Thankyou

• Like 1

Not sure if this is the appropriate place, but given that you've got these three NPC mods, I thought you might be the person to ask about it. When I first saw the listing for Delivery NPC, this is sort of what I thought you had in mind.

I'd love to see something that works similarly to the Stable Master mod, but for items. The idea would be to facilitate player deliveries of stuff from place to place. The idea is that you'd be able to place items into a "delivery contract" item, which the NPC could both 'sell' and 'buy'. The delivery contract would have the same weight as the packed items, but the player doing the delivery wouldn't be able to access the items 'in' the delivery contract. The process would go something like this:

1. Contractee places X number of items into a delivery contract with the NPC at the pick up location. Contractee sets an optional collateral payment that the delivery contractor must pay to accept the delivery, and the payout amount upon delivery. There may be a nominal fee paid to the NPC upon creation of the contract, configurable by server owner; presumably part or all of this fee would go into the kingdom coffers. There would also be a 'Bill of Lading' number, visible only to the contract creator.

2. Contractee or a third party would create a point of delivery with another of this delivery NPC for this contract, using the Bill of Lading number. Creation of this point of delivery would require that the amount of payout deposited with the point of delivery NPC; Theoretically, you might even allow for multiple points of delivery, but that might get weird. The delivery contract will not become active until there is a point of delivery set up.

3. Delivery contractor goes to NPC and "purchases" the delivery contract with whatever collateral is required, if any. They can then place the delivery contract into a cart or whatever they need to, and go to the point of delivery (the delivery contract should probably show the point of delivery when examined) and then 'sell' the delivery contract to the point of delivery NPC and receive the payout amount in return. 

4. Contractee or third party (whoever owns the point of delivery NPC) can then redeem the delivery contract for the items that were put into it when it was created.

If this is more than you want to do, that's cool... But I figure it's not likely to happen if no one asks for it. I like the idea of facilitating delivery of larger items, but your current NPC removes some of the player interaction from the process; some people may want that, but others want to encourage a more player-based economy.

• Like 1

Crafter and DeliveryContracts fix

Crafter Download

DeliveryContracts Download

Fixed compatibility with other server command mods.

On 4/16/2019 at 5:00 PM, Vanyel said:

*snip*

the commands for some reason no longer work (unknown command) when either crafter and/or delivery contracts are installed.

As a non-coder ( I make a rock look like a coding prodigy on my best day) I have a feeling the main issue may be something concerning traders (there is a #resettraders command, and your mods also have some reloading of traders)..

Then again, that's just a hunch on my part....

I'm hoping it's just something small-ish, that can easily be fixed as I really would like to have all 3 mods working together... Strangely enough, buyer mod works fine with GM Commands.... 

Thankyou

Strange, I'm not really sure why that caused an issue, but and issue it did cause.  Should be fixed now.  Buyer still worked because it doesn't have any server commands, since I reused the same code in the other two mods they both caused an issue.

22 hours ago, DariusWolfe said:

*snip*

Getting the NPCs to control the humans... yes, that's what they've been planning all along.

Seriously though, that sounds interesting.  It shouldn't be too difficult to implement. 

I wonder what the best way to deal with navigation would be?  If everything is tied to deeds and there is a highway in place to help with directions it would be okay, but otherwise how would players making the deliveries know where to go?  Suppose the order could have a Locate style action, "The destination is far away and to the East" kind of thing?

Another idea is that rather than requiring an NPC at both ends the person placing the order could receive something like a stake, which they can plant into the ground at any location, to allow for delivery to building sites and the like.  Then it could be that the NPCs will also accept the stake and so it can still be delivered to an NPC.

As for the packages, as you say the weight can be set to whatever, without worrying about dividing up the items for larger deliveries, so it should be easy to allow for multi-part deliveries.  The delivery could be split up purely on numerical weight, then the destination gets a "Delivery completion percentage" which fills as each package is delivered.  I'm thinking mainly for new players with low weight carrying skills, who could just take one, or transfer multiple to a cart, and more skilled players could carry multiple if they preferred.  It would also allow multiple people to fulfil a larger order.  Or am I over complicating things and it will just end up with parts of orders being fulfilled and final delivery taking ages?

something like this perhaps?:

and Thankyou for the fixes.. will be testing them soon

Edited by Vanyel
  • Like 1