Mthec

[Released] Mthec's NPCs - Crafter, Buyer, DeliveryContracts, MerchantCap, CustomTrader, ToolPurchaser, Banker, BeastSummoner

Update

Download

You can now sort the price list using the Sort button on Manage Prices.

First it sorts alphabetically by name, then by minimum QL in descending order.  (e.g. acorn, log 50ql, log 10ql.)

Updated Buyers to use books instead of a single sheet of papyrus.  This multiplies the space for entries by 10.  Old price lists will be silently updated.

There were also some other minor fixes.

I'm still working on Delivery Contracts.  Hit a few small snags but starting to get there.

• Like 2

@Mthecthere is a little bug now at the buyer

If i open manage trader, the buyer says in event window:
[07:20:10] The buyer has run out of space on their price list and cannot record the changes.  Try removing some items from the list.  Some of the prices may have been updated.

If i click then on "manage prices", i am able to add a new item:
[07:21:55] Buyer_John adds the item to their list.

but if i close the window and like to reopen it, no window is coming on "manage prices"

If i click on "trade" like a normal player would do, i get:

[07:25:36] Buyer_John has misplaced their price list and cannot trade.

Eject

Edited by Eject

Bugfix

Download

Fixed issue with adding and removing pages.

14 hours ago, Eject said:

@Mthecthere is a little bug now at the buyer

*snip*

Sorry about that, one of those "don't know how I didn't notice" things.  Think I've fixed the bug but you might still have issues if it has already affected the item.

If you still have trouble it would help if you could examine the buyers inventory with a GM character (looking for the book, how many pages its contains, and if any pages are in the inventory but outside the book) and any log entries you might think apply.    If the buyer wasn't important it might be simpler to dismiss and summon a new one, but if that is difficult let me know.  Sorry again.

Hello @Mthec

you do not have to apologize :D

It seems the buyer is now working, btw. i dont know how to examine the buyers inv. because if i open the trade, its empty for gm.

Is there any way to copy the pricelist to another buyer? maybe with the database? (i havent looked now to the db)

Its because i am sure i have to summon near 10 buyers with the same pricelist (40 entrys)

Hey mate, thank you for your fast updates ;)

Eject

Edited by Eject
  • Like 1

Mini Update

Download

Added Copy Price List action.

With both buyers placed take the contract of the buyer you want to copy to, right-click on the other buyer and select Copy Price List.  You must own both buyers to dissuade people from copying other people's price lists and setting up easy competition.  Note - This will destroy the old price list.

13 hours ago, Eject said:

Hello @Mthec

you do not have to apologize :D

It seems the buyer is now working, btw. i dont know how to examine the buyers inv. because if i open the trade, its empty for gm.

Is there any way to copy the pricelist to another buyer? maybe with the database? (i havent looked now to the db)

Its because i am sure i have to summon near 10 buyers with the same pricelist (40 entrys)

Hey mate, thank you for your fast updates ;)

Eject

Thank you.

Not that it matters now, but if you select Look > Equipment as a GM, as well as the normal body window, you get a window showing the creatures inventory.

I have been learning a lot about the action system recently and decided that would be the simplest way to add this.  I thought about copying price lists before I first released this mod, by allowing the owner to drag a copy down when trading, but didn't want any angry admins blaming me for creating free paper.  ?

• Like 1

New Mod Beta Release

Delivery Contracts

Download

Purchase one of these from your local trader. Activate and right click on an item or pile and select Pack up. The spirits will then take the items and hold them for later delivery. You can now sell this item on a merchant no matter the weight.

For the buyer, all they have to do is activate and right click on either their villages token or a nearby waystone and select Deliver Here and the spirits will deliver the items in front of them.

For use with heavy piles and items (e.g. piles of bricks, logs, high ql dirt, forges/ovens, etc.)

Note - You cannot highlight a range of items and only pack those.  If you pack one item in a group it packs all the others of that type in the container/inventory.

There were a lot of permissions and restrictions involved, so if I missed any just let me know and I'll add them to the list.

On 1/6/2019 at 6:51 AM, McKenna said:

Any thoughts about a merchant contract that allows you to sell bulk items? like you buy a contract add 1-100 items, (title reflects name of item and amount on the contract) that players can put on there personal merchants and set the price they wish to sell it for?

Sorry it took longer than I originally thought.  So many little loose ends to clear up.  Think this fits your requirements.

@McKenna

Edited by Mthec
Added item highlighting note.
  • Like 2

Can i pack items on server 1 and sell them at the buyer at server 2?

For the packed items you get a paper or how would this work?

Eject

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eject said:

Can i pack items on server 1 and sell them at the buyer at server 2?

Yes, if by buyer you mean merchant.  I haven't actually tested sending items across server, but I just checked the one thing that might have complicated things and it wasn't an issue.

The items are just stored inside the contract, so it should transfer just like any container.

7 hours ago, Eject said:

For the packed items you get a paper or how would this work?

Sorry, should have been more clear.

So you buy a "delivery contract" off a trader, then when you pack the items it renames the contract to "delivery note", and also sets the description based on the contents.  You then set the price and put the "delivery note" on your merchant to sell.  Then the player who buys it takes it to the place they want it delivered and it disappears once all the items have been dropped.  If there are any complications in delivering some of the items (e.g. too many items already on the tile) the note stays and you can re-deliver the rest later.

One other thing I forgot to mention, unfortunately you can't select a range of items in your inventory, this ability is controlled by the client.  So if you select one item in a group (i.e. where there is one entry for all the iron lumps and you click the + to see them all) it will also pack all of the others in that group.

7 hours ago, Mthec said:

So you buy a "delivery contract" off a trader

What does this cost?

@MthecSorry i missunderstood the concept ( i havent read the posts above)

I thought with this players can bring and sell big amounts of stuff to my buyer ;) Some told me its not always easy to bring 1000 of bricks to my buyer (they like to use portals)

Eject

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Batta said:

What does this cost?

Default is 1c.  The price is configurable in the .properties file.  I don't think I ever used the mail system when playing Wurm Online and have been out of touch with delivery price changes so the default may be way out.  Figured server admins may want to set different prices anyway.

8 hours ago, Eject said:

@MthecSorry i missunderstood the concept ( i havent read the posts above)

I thought with this players can bring and sell big amounts of stuff to my buyer ;) Some told me its not always easy to bring 1000 of bricks to my buyer (they like to use portals)

Eject

No worries, that's actually a good idea I hadn't thought of.  I will have a chat with the guy who made the buyer mod and work something out.

• Like 2

Thank you for making the contracts... most appreciated!

Edited by McKenna
  • Like 1

Update

Buyer Merchant download

Delivery Contracts download

Made contracts compatible with buyers.  If all of the items in the delivery note meet the requirements then they can now be accepted by buyers.  Both mods need to be updated for it to work.

Also, as I was going through I noticed a possible exploit.  Minimum purchase items could be accepted even if they were underweight, which I assume is not the expected behaviour (you want 100 rock shards not 100 0.01kg rock shards).  So I have now changed it so that any items that are not full weight are not accepted to fulfil a minimum purchase.  Normal buying will still correctly scale the price based on the weight.

On 1/31/2019 at 2:06 PM, McKenna said:

Thank you for making the contracts... most appreciated!

You're quite welcome.

• Like 2

You are so awesome

I just uploaded the mods while starting a new event, my players are very courius now ^^

add: i droped 100 bricks in front of me, activated the contract and rightclicked the pile

[07:21:22] It would not be possible to unpack that many items at the destination.

Edited by Eject
  • Like 1

Mini Update - Delivery Contracts

Download

Added Multi-Pack™.  You can now "Pack up" multiple times with the same contract, overcoming the maximum items per pile limit.

Added new option to .properties
max_items

Higher numbers may cause performance issues when trading with Buyers with price and minimum purchase calculations.  Default 1000.  Higher should be okay, just something to be aware of.

15 hours ago, Eject said:

add: i droped 100 bricks in front of me, activated the contract and rightclicked the pile

[07:21:22] It would not be possible to unpack that many items at the destination.

Sorry, don't know why I left that in.  That'll teach me to try rushing out an update in the evening.

What happened was when I was first working things out I hit an issue with the maximum items per tile limit.  I tried to get it working without making it possible for contracts to hold onto any un-dropped items, but ended up having to do it in the end.  I already planned to add multi-pack at this point this but needed some more time so released as it was.  I could have at least taken out the 99 item drop limit, but oh well, it's all done now.

• Like 1

My Problem was, i was not able to pack up the items from Ground ?

Eject

It seems all is working now but i have a little problem ^^

i destroyed my delivery contract and have now the rest of 83 clay bricks in my inventory that i cant destroy or move out in a container

[07:10:10] You cannot reach that now. It is in the mail.

edit: idea, i tried to buy a new contract (it looks like an empty container with the square) and move the bricks down in the contract, sad it doesnt work

i hope with that i can just make a "deliver here" and can fix that by myself ^^

So in the modsupport database i also dont find the entrys for the filled contracts or items they losing the contract (because deleting it) lol

Have you an idea how i get rid of this brick holograms? ^^

second edit: restarting the server also dont fix the "ghost items"

maybe a new command or menu entry in the gm-wand to delete ghost items serverwide would be awesome

just for the reason if contracts disapearing at any player, so gm´s could help

Edited by Eject
  • Like 1

I was able to delete the ghost-items with the #loadItem command ^^ but item per item lol

still 17 ghost bricks on the ground, i dont know how i can delete them

Edited by Eject
  • Like 1

Copy pricelist does not work

i activated the contract from the buyer with a big list of prices, rightclick the new empty buyer and say copy pricelist

if i than manage this new buyer and go to manage pricelist, the list is empty

Eject

• Like 1

Fix

Delivery Contracts download

Fixed issue with packed items not being cleaned up properly.

Mini Update

Buyer Merchant download

Changed Copy Price List to two actions, for copying in each direction, to help clarify things.

18 hours ago, Eject said:

It seems all is working now but i have a little problem ^^

i destroyed my delivery contract and have now the rest of 83 clay bricks in my inventory that i cant destroy or move out in a container

[07:10:10] You cannot reach that now. It is in the mail.

edit: idea, i tried to buy a new contract (it looks like an empty container with the square) and move the bricks down in the contract, sad it doesnt work

i hope with that i can just make a "deliver here" and can fix that by myself ^^

So in the modsupport database i also dont find the entrys for the filled contracts or items they losing the contract (because deleting it) lol

Have you an idea how i get rid of this brick holograms? ^^

second edit: restarting the server also dont fix the "ghost items"

maybe a new command or menu entry in the gm-wand to delete ghost items serverwide would be awesome

just for the reason if contracts disapearing at any player, so gm´s could help

18 hours ago, Eject said:

I was able to delete the ghost-items with the #loadItem command ^^ but item per item lol

still 17 ghost bricks on the ground, i dont know how i can delete them

Sorry about that, it originally cleaned things up better but then I changed over to keeping the contract around until all items were gone.  I forgot all about destroying with a wand and possibly some other ways.  I have added it back in and now it works properly.

I've run out of time tonight for the clean up command, but will get it done tomorrow.  If it is a problem in the mean time and you're okay with using SqliteBrowser open up the wurmitems.db, got to the ITEMS table and filter the TEMPLATEID column by 769, MAILED by 1 and MAILTIMES by 0.  That should show up the ghost items.

17 hours ago, Eject said:

Copy pricelist does not work

i activated the contract from the buyer with a big list of prices, rightclick the new empty buyer and say copy pricelist

if i than manage this new buyer and go to manage pricelist, the list is empty

Eject

It's the other way around.  Although I think your way is probably going to be more common, so I've changed it to two options. "To Contract Buyer" will copy the list from the buyer you right click on to the one who is controlled by the contract.  "To This Buyer" will copy the list from the contract buyer to the one you right click on.

Hopefully that will clear things up.  Let me know if there's anything else I can do to make it more obvious.

Thank you very much for being my guinea pig.  ^_^

Edited by Mthec
Forgot one db filter.
  • Like 2

I am glad to be your guinea pig lol

It´s because i like your mods ;)

• Like 1

Mini Update

Download

Changed GM Destroy action so that it destroys items that have fallen out of a contract.
Added a server command (#dcCleanup) to check for the above and remove across the whole server.  Limited to once per minute because it could cause lag with a lot of items on the server.

Added two options to .properties, default for both is false.

no_decay_in_contract

If true items inside a contract will not be subject to decay.

no_decay_food

If true food inside a contract will not be subject to decay. Overridden by no_decay_in_contract.

Fixed bug with items in containers in contracts.

Edited by Mthec
Added note about defaults.
  • Like 2

this is a hammer! this mod becomes a fantastic tag ?

thank you very much

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 4:38 PM, Mthec said:

Mini Update

Download

Changed GM Destroy action so that it destroys items that have fallen out of a contract.
Added a server command (#dcCleanup) to check for the above and remove across the whole server.  Limited to once per minute because it could cause lag with a lot of items on the server.

Added two options to .properties, default for both is false.

no_decay_in_contract

If true items inside a contract will not be subject to decay.

no_decay_food

If true food inside a contract will not be subject to decay. Overridden by no_decay_in_contract.

Fixed bug with items in containers in contracts.

Your awesome! I am going to download the fix new contract. Can't wait!!!

• Like 1