Mthec

[Released] Mthec's NPCs - Crafter, Buyer, DeliveryContracts, MerchantCap, CustomTrader, ToolPurchaser, Banker, BeastSummoner

9 hours ago, Eject said:

Thanks for your updates @Mthec? can you add this one field at your next update?

Eject

I'm planning to.  The only reason I did the other two mini updates is because they were quick to implement.

Not that the minimum amount option is especially difficult, just needs a few more changes.

• Like 1

Update

Download

Added Minimum Purchase option.

If set the Buyer will only make a trade if that many items or more are offered in a single trade.  If the option isn't set it will default to 1 and appear no differently.

The price is per item.  e.g. You want at least 100 bricks for 1c, then set the price to 1i.

This also gave me the opportunity to clear up some message spam.  Instead of saying not authorised, no damage, etc. for every invalid item it will only say it once per trade change.

@EjectLet me know if it's not quite right.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mthec said:

Added Minimum Purchase option.

yeahhhh

This works wonderful ?

Thank you very much and merry christmas ^^

Eject

• Like 1

@MthecIt's working great, with one small issue. No matter where I stand when I set the buyer merchant, it always faces south. When players come to trade, it doesn't turn to face them, and even summoning it with a GM wand doesn't change the direction it faces. I get no option to Move it, either.  

6 hours ago, Batta said:

@MthecIt's working great, with one small issue. No matter where I stand when I set the buyer merchant, it always faces south. When players come to trade, it doesn't turn to face them, and even summoning it with a GM wand doesn't change the direction it faces. I get no option to Move it, either.  

Strange, works fine for me.  I did wonder actually why they weren't turning when I was testing them with a GM account, so I had a quick look through the code and players with GM power 2 or higher won't turn any type of trader.  Could that be causing some issue?

11 hours ago, Eject said:

yeahhhh

This works wonderful ?

Thank you very much and merry christmas ^^

Eject

No worries, Merry Christmas to you too.  :)

I now playing more with the buyer and have the same problem with the face direction ?

Starting the trade dont turn the buyer and summoning it to a other place while looking self in different directions also dont work to turn the buyer

Eject

add: at my server its also the south side where the buyer is looking

Edited by Eject

I set free_money=true

If i drag items into the trade window the buyer say "I do not require any money"

So i tried to give hime 1 gold and he takes it, than i tried again to give him items and he said again "I do not require any money"

than i set free_money to false and restartet the server

i gave him again 1 gold and tried to sell items...now he said "I have no money"

Eject

Edited by Eject

16 hours ago, Mthec said:

players with GM power 2 or higher won't turn any type of trader.  Could that be causing some issue?

That is probably it, since I've been testing it on my LAN server, where both of my toons have at least Level 2 GM.  Thanks.  ?

Fix

Download

Note - Remove any coins traded to buyers whilst free_money was true, or set the shop database total in the database, before using this version.

Fixed issue where money traded whilst free_money is true was not setting the buyer's shop total.

On 12/25/2018 at 3:53 AM, Eject said:

I set free_money=true

If i drag items into the trade window the buyer say "I do not require any money"

So i tried to give hime 1 gold and he takes it, than i tried again to give him items and he said again "I do not require any money"

than i set free_money to false and restartet the server

i gave him again 1 gold and tried to sell items...now he said "I have no money"

Eject

I, wrongly, assumed that people would either be using free_money as true or false, not swapping.  Have fixed this issue now.

On 12/25/2018 at 3:31 AM, Eject said:

I now playing more with the buyer and have the same problem with the face direction ?

Starting the trade dont turn the buyer and summoning it to a other place while looking self in different directions also dont work to turn the buyer

Eject

add: at my server its also the south side where the buyer is looking

On 12/25/2018 at 9:48 AM, Batta said:

That is probably it, since I've been testing it on my LAN server, where both of my toons have at least Level 2 GM.  Thanks.  ?

I mean, I can change this behaviour if people want me to.  I'm guessing it is this way because the developers don't want GMs affecting the world unless they mean to.

They face south because that is the default spawn rotation, and I'm guessing summon just moves the character and does not rotate them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mthec said:

I mean, I can change this behaviour if people want me to.  I'm guessing it is this way because the developers don't want GMs affecting the world unless they mean to.

They face south because that is the default spawn rotation, and I'm guessing summon just moves the character and does not rotate them.

I would love it if this were changed, as it limits where we can set them.  I have a whole market set up already, with all stalls facing either east or west, so my Buyer merchant is always facing in the wrong direction.

If i open the trade, the buyer still says "i do not require any money" and he dont drag the items down

:D

Eject

Mini Update

Download

Added turn_to_player_max_power option.

All trader types will now turn to face the player they are trading with so long as their power is not higher than this setting (default is 1).  Note, Traders and Merchants will always turn to face a player of power 1 or lower.

Added shop total to GM start trading message when free_money is true.

14 hours ago, Batta said:

I would love it if this were changed, as it limits where we can set them.  I have a whole market set up already, with all stalls facing either east or west, so my Buyer merchant is always facing in the wrong direction.

Done.

If i open the trade, the buyer still says "i do not require any money" and he dont drag the items down

:D

Eject

By items do you mean not coins?  Are you the owner?  If so the buyer won't ever accept items from their owner.  I can't see a problem otherwise, are you getting anything in the server logs?

I have extended the "I do not require any money." message to always tell power 3+ GMs (the only time you'd see that message in the first place) how much cash they have on them.  Hopefully it will clear things up a little.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Mthec said:

If so the buyer won't ever accept items from their owner.

Got it =))

I forget about this and have to test it with another char, sorry ;)

• Like 1

@Mthecsad, i forget to set update trader to false, is it possible in any way to remove the buyer contract from the traders?

Or can you do it so if i switch to false, that the mod removes the buyer contracts?

Because my wrong setting now players would be able to generate coins from the air lol

Eject

Mini Update

Download

Added new contracts_on_traders option.

If false then new traders will not have buyer contracts added to them, and if update_traders is also true then any contracts already on traders will be removed.

Default is true.

@Mthecsad, i forget to set update trader to false, is it possible in any way to remove the buyer contract from the traders?

Or can you do it so if i switch to false, that the mod removes the buyer contracts?

Because my wrong setting now players would be able to generate coins from the air lol

Eject

*hides bribe from Eject's players*

• Like 1

Hello ?

At the buyer we can make a save pricelist (or something like this) and get an url.

The url that i get from my buyer is like http://127.0.0.1:8080/KwQ3XABW5wX

the game is at an vds so i dont know why i get the local ip into the link.

Have you any idea how i can fix this?

Eject

10 hours ago, Eject said:

Hello ?

At the buyer we can make a save pricelist (or something like this) and get an url.

The url that i get from my buyer is like http://127.0.0.1:8080/KwQ3XABW5wX

the game is at an vds so i dont know why i get the local ip into the link.

Have you any idea how i can fix this?

Eject

Sorry, I don't quite understand.  What is this url you are getting?

Do you want a way to copy a price lists data to use on multiple Buyers?  If so I can work something out.

Hello Mthec

Now i have no idea where i found this link in the buyer ^^

I looked now and cant find it again lol.....it was somethink like save pricelist and than the url was written in the event window

Eject

Edited by Eject
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Eject said:

Hello Mthec

Now i have no idea where i found this link in the buyer ^^

I looked now and cant find it again lol.....it was somethink like save pricelist and than the url was written in the event window

Eject

How very strange.  I can't even imagine a situation when the mod would would send a url to event.  I've played around with it and checked all my logs and haven't received anything like that.

Could it be another mod that sent the url and it's just a coincidence that you pressed a button at the same time?  Sorry I can't be of help.

LOVE this mod, and so do those on my server THANK YOU for this mod!!!!!

Any thoughts about a merchant contract that allows you to sell bulk items? like you buy a contract add 1-100 items, (title reflects name of item and amount on the contract) that players can put on there personal merchants and set the price they wish to sell it for?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, McKenna said:

Any thoughts about a merchant contract that allows you to sell bulk items? like you buy a contract add 1-100 items, (title reflects name of item and amount on the contract) that players can put on there personal merchants and set the price they wish to sell it for?

Isn't this just the same as the regular merchant contracts that exist without mods?

16 hours ago, McKenna said:

Thank you.

I've had a quick go and it definitely seems doable.  There are just a few more details I need to work out.  The one issue I can think of is that it will mean people can store an infinite weight of items whenever they want (or can afford the cost), also bypassing the bulk storage system increasing item count on a server, but I guess that's just a drawback some server owners will be happy to take.

3 hours ago, Batta said:

Isn't this just the same as the regular merchant contracts that exist without mods?

From this and the other posts on the forum I think McKenna means a type of contract that will bundle up a bulk set of goods to be sold as a single item on a merchant, and then deliver them when the player gets the contract back home.  At least I hope that's correct now that I've started.  ?

Edited by Mthec
  • Like 1

Hello @Mthec

Is it possible to insert a sort option at the popup where you add items?

atm the items are very mixed

Eject

add:

I can just do 26 entrys in the pricelist, is there any way to increase this value?

Edited by Eject

8 hours ago, Eject said:

Hello @Mthec

Is it possible to insert a sort option at the popup where you add items?

atm the items are very mixed

Eject

add:

I can just do 26 entrys in the pricelist, is there any way to increase this value?

Sorting shouldn't be difficult.

The reason for the limit is that the mod uses paper inscriptions instead of the database.  However, whilst working on my next mod, I realised it might be a good idea to use a book, then just add more pages.  That would multiply the maximum by ten (which should be more than enough?) and be somewhat realistic.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:29 PM, Mthec said:

That would multiply the maximum by ten

For me that would be perfect. I have near 40 GM orders that Player should be able to submit to the buyer.

But if ist too hard, i still can place a second buyer next to the one  i have now.

Eject

• Like 1