Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Tower chaining system

1 hour ago, atazs said:

Why even post misinformation if you can't verify it beforehand and can't be bothered?

Because I am not obligated to prove anything with scientific evidence.  BUT, here's what I have to go on.... just like all the other PvPers wanting a steam PvP server:

unknown.png

Mind you, that is from September of last year, 8 months ago.   Said by the man himself, not his lackey.  I also found another post, from Rofl, saying there would be 1 PvE and 1 PvP server right around the same time frame in a different thread.  So yes, the confirmation is there, albeit very old.

ALOT has changed in those 8 months.  No more RMT, player gods have been removed, the list goes on.  

Where's the discussion since then?  PMK's or no PMK's?  The size of the map?  Tower chaining?  We all have questions, and the staff hasn't provided any answers.  If they're actually planning to launch WoS (Wurm on Steam for short) in Q2 (at latest) end of June, we're about a month away at this point and have heard nothing.  Nobody else finds that odd?

1 hour ago, atazs said:

And just so you know, i have verified it with Retrogarde, in the WO discord and he has confirmed to me that... 

You are absolutely wrong.

Just so YOU know, I could give a flying #%$& about whispers on discord, it is as much hearsay as me telling you that several of my friends have PM'd me on discord saying they remember what I'm talking about, and they think Retro hid the post(s).  Ridiculous right?  

Because it's been 8 months, I'd love to hear confirmation that there is still going to be a PvP server.... because it has been demonstrated on numerous occasions that plans can change.  Those of us that truly love this game understand that plans can change, but uncertainty can be concerning.

Maybe they look at the new Elevation imploding in about 2 weeks and they'll think "maybe a PvP server would be a waste of resources".   If I'm wrong, this decision wouldn't have been made....

unknown.png?width=805&height=272

Again, that's from Rolf himself.  Sure, it is referring to a "PvP overhaul" with significant changes to how we PvP, but it is a clear indicator to me of things to come (let me rephrase that... things that might not come... like a new PvP server).  This post was roughly two months after Failevation 3.0

So you see.... it isn't what I have to prove.... it is what THEY have to prove.  

"Whispers on discord?" So you are saying that when Retrogarde himself told me that you are wrong, TODAY and it isn't postponed, that you don't believe him? 

MACX2NE.png

Edited by atazs

Retro is not a valid source. I get all my Wurm news from my own head. Looking forward to flying mounts!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wargasm said:

Just so YOU know, I could give a flying #%$& about whispers on discord, it is as much hearsay as me telling you that several of my friends have PM'd me on discord saying they remember what I'm talking about, and they think Retro hid the post(s).  Ridiculous right? 

"Hey look don't believe the whispers in the Discord from Retrograde on staff. Just listen to the whispers I give you and take them all as fact!"

• Like 2

Show me where he said the words "yes, there's going to be a PvP server" and not "Wargasm is wrong".  If I'm wrong because I don't have recent proof, then I'm wrong.... but there's something to be implied from the official silence on the topic.... you wait and see.

Right or wrong, it hasn't even been mentioned (officially, that is) on the forum in the last 8 months.  

Yes, there's going to be a new PvP server - nothing about that has changed, no reason to assume it did. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Samool said:

Yes, there's going to be a new PvP server - nothing about that has changed, no reason to assume it did. 

I'm sorry, I thought the clear Wurm logic going ahead was if we're not frequently reminded of it, it's not going to happen anymore.

We're now going to pretend to read between the lines, and say that you're actually telling us that Steam isn't going to launch with a PVP server anymore.

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 3

Also to answer the original question, tower chaining will be enabled.

• Like 3

@Wargasm jumping to misinformation as much as he and friends jump to staff bashing, sad to read but glad he was corrected and put into place on the spot, i feel no need to further correct how wrong he was.

Edited by Mclavin

On 5/17/2020 at 4:46 PM, Darklords said:

Also to answer the original question, tower chaining will be enabled.

Okay I missed this half baked not well thought out system as I am awaiting release of the steam server!

Certainly not a fan of this as your just punishing deeds for setting up away from BLH which seems counter intuitive!