Fairyshine

Strongwall off deed - erupt option please

Recommended Posts

For some reason the erupt option was taken away for strongwalled mine tiles, off deed.  It is insane to ask a priest to disintegrate these tiles.  If this causes problems on PvP, please stop the erupt option only on PvP, but allow PvE players to still erupt tiles which have previously been strongwalled.  We are playing in a sandbox, and we are playing against the environment.  It really is annoying that this is not a thing.

 

It is doubtful that any Path of Power char will use a skill with a long as cooldown to randomly grief others on a large scale any way, given the possibility for being banned.  

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is still a valid possibility of dropping a deed over the strongwalled area to easily remove it, 1.21s is not a huge cost and creates income for CCAB too. It is also tracked easily in case of griefing. In my view current status is fine as is - what concerns me is dense areas where perimeters touch each other making it impossible to move deed tiles around. That could be solved with allowing lower than 5 tiles perimeters though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Path of Power does not affect PvP at all, as this can only be used in your own kingdom on the PvP servers.

 

Only reason this was changed by a stealth nerf over a year ago was one of the dev's decided no one on freedom should be allowed to remove off deed strong walls at will.

 

Sure you can drop a deed, but when it is impossible due to either random 1x1 houses securing an area, or a perimeter that can't be changed there is currently no option to remove strongwall other than a rare as hell mag priest, and even if you have access to a mag priest you could literally spend days sacrificing door locks and casting over and over on a slim chance of success to blow out a strong wall.

 

 

Edited by JakeRivers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Jaz said:

There is still a valid possibility of dropping a deed over the strongwalled area to easily remove it, 1.21s is not a huge cost and creates income for CCAB too. It is also tracked easily in case of griefing. In my view current status is fine as is - what concerns me is dense areas where perimeters touch each other making it impossible to move deed tiles around. That could be solved with allowing lower than 5 tiles perimeters though.

No, there isn't, since there are these between our deeds with a five tile perim each, and the perims touching.  Further, I don't think it is a good idea to promote paying to play when a simple change could make this possible.  I still have no idea why it was changed in the first place, as it was done with no patch notes and no explanation.  Please revert this as it is ANNOYING.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or let us drop the token inside a tunnel.

In my case surface is 1000s of slope up, how do I get up there to deed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Cecci said:

Or let us drop the token inside a tunnel.

In my case surface is 1000s of slope up, how do I get up there to deed?

 

Token at the bottom and expand the deed to meet the needs, or goat shape it up with sandwich's.

 

This instance being able to use erupt would not help if the spot is hard to get to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember a recent change to allow all "warrior gods"  (such as Smeagain) the same double chance of successfully disintegrating a reinforced tile, but I do not know if Mag is still the only priest permitted to cast disintegrate on freedom.

 

Either way, the functionality exists, it should not be easy, so -1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Wargasm said:

 

 

Either way, the functionality exists, it should not be easy, so -1.

 
 

 

Finding the right tile, then digging the dirt above it to rock, making a mag altar, having PoP char high enough to cast erupt...is not easy. 

 

.....It reminds me of the arguments against the ability to destroy hedges off deed...in the end the ability was granted and the world did not end.

 

...........Or when we had the rule about fences attached to a house may not be bashed.  That too was done away with, and the world did not end!

 

If something is off deed, it should be open to change by others, without the need to spend thousands of veggies on generating favour and days upon days clicking a mouse and hoping for a successful rng roll.

Edited by Fairyshine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Wargasm said:

I remember a recent change to allow all "warrior gods"  (such as Smeagain) the same double chance of successfully disintegrating a reinforced tile, but I do not know if Mag is still the only priest permitted to cast disintegrate on freedom.

 

Either way, the functionality exists, it should not be easy, so -1.

 

Once when mag champ with the mag bonus, I spent 2 days doing in a reinforced tile, it was quite boring.

 

What is the point in making it hard to remove a reinforcement on freedom for something off deed? Nothing off deed warrants this much protection on freedom, this is supposed to be a sandbox, if the resources in this mine is so important, then deed it, or use donut houses to lock in whatever.

 

Using erupt is not really making it so easy to remove a reinforcement, it still takes 2 days to perform this task if you have access to this meditation path.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is there a reason why they shouldn't just be mineable with 250-500 hits per tile on pve servers? abandoned mines cover the map, even the ones that aren't reinforced can take years to completely collapse, i don't even reinforce my mines because they don't ever collapse, and you know collapsing respawns ore which is why i go into a mine. support beams are insanely easy to make and place but pretty much require a deed to take out, it's pretty dumb.

 

then again, making a zig-zag reinforced mine and putting houses on top so you can't deed it to make impassable cave areas sounds pretty hilarious, now that i think about it. pretty easy to completely grief an area since it'd take actual months to disintegrate every tile but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to disagree with you here Fairyshine. I have my perimeter deed mine tiles reinforced to prevent others from mining into them and messing up all the leveled floors within. Then all the tiles between the perimeter and the deed mine tiles are mined out so anyone being able to remove the perimeter reinforced mine tiles could enter the rest of the mine. Also other players sometimes mine out all of the deed edge tiles around their mine for access and then just reinforce the perimeter edge tile all around the mine. Again, if these perimeter mine tiles could be removed with erupt/freeze it would make their on-deed mines accessible.

 

True the PoP ability has a 24hr cooldown on each part of the process but that is not all that long to wait to be able to penetrate the security of deed mines for those so inclined to mess with others mines. The only alternative then to re-secure deed mines for those without strongwall priests would be for them to reinforce their deed edge floor tile and build some type fencing all along that edge. This would be even more work for deed mine owners who designed their mines within the security that reinforced tiles can not be removed on the Freedom servers with this option.

 

My point being made here is that reinforced mine tiles should not be removable with the PoP ability on the Freedom servers. There is a good reason for this as per my above examples.

 

=Ayes=

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Ayes said:

I have to disagree with you here Fairyshine. I have my perimeter deed mine tiles reinforced to prevent others from mining into them and messing up all the leveled floors within. Then all the tiles between the perimeter and the deed mine tiles are mined out so anyone being able to remove the perimeter reinforced mine tiles could enter the rest of the mine. Also other players sometimes mine out all of the deed edge tiles around their mine for access and then just reinforce the perimeter edge tile all around the mine. Again, if these perimeter mine tiles could be removed with erupt/freeze it would make their on-deed mines accessible.

 

True the PoP ability has a 24hr cooldown on each part of the process but that is not all that long to wait to be able to penetrate the security of deed mines for those so inclined to mess with others mines. The only alternative then to re-secure deed mines for those without strongwall priests would be for them to reinforce their deed edge floor tile and build some type fencing all along that edge. This would be even more work for deed mine owners who designed their mines within the security that reinforced tiles can not be removed on the Freedom servers with this option.

 

My point being made here is that reinforced mine tiles should not be removable with the PoP ability on the Freedom servers. There is a good reason for this as per my above examples.

 

=Ayes=

 

Makes sense, but why ever allow Disintegrate then within a PvE perimeter?

 

Maybe treat reinforced tiles within PvE deed perimeter as if they are within the deed? (Can be mined out by deed owner, and not removable in any way by anyone else?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

 

Makes sense, but why ever allow Disintegrate then within a PvE perimeter?

Maybe treat reinforced tiles within PvE deed perimeter as if they are within the deed? (Can be mined out by deed owner, and not removable in any way by anyone else?)

Disintegrate works to remove reinforcements on the PvE servers? Or maybe it has an extremely small chance of success?

 

But you make a good suggestion that on PvE servers it should be disallowed for reinforced tiles to be removed by others on deed perimeters (which it already is, almost). Exceptions would be the Mayor and under deed settings.

 

=Ayes=

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off its an 18 hour cool down for melt or freeze.

 

Secondly, the perimeter is technically not your's so therefore your reinforced tiles in your perimeter should not be safe, just like someone else can make a highway in my perimeter without my consent and there is nothing I can do about it.  The only tiles that should be safe are the ones on your deed and you should reinforce taking that into consideration.

 

You should be allowed to melt/freeze, disintegrate, or reinforce tiles in anyone's perimeter which would be consistent with other perimeter rules currently in place.

Edited by madnezz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ayes said:

I have to disagree with you here Fairyshine. I have my perimeter deed mine tiles reinforced to prevent others from mining into them and messing up all the leveled floors within. Then all the tiles between the perimeter and the deed mine tiles are mined out so anyone being able to remove the perimeter reinforced mine tiles could enter the rest of the mine. Also other players sometimes mine out all of the deed edge tiles around their mine for access and then just reinforce the perimeter edge tile all around the mine. Again, if these perimeter mine tiles could be removed with erupt/freeze it would make their on-deed mines accessible.

 

True the PoP ability has a 24hr cooldown on each part of the process but that is not all that long to wait to be able to penetrate the security of deed mines for those so inclined to mess with others mines. The only alternative then to re-secure deed mines for those without strongwall priests would be for them to reinforce their deed edge floor tile and build some type fencing all along that edge. This would be even more work for deed mine owners who designed their mines within the security that reinforced tiles can not be removed on the Freedom servers with this option.

 

My point being made here is that reinforced mine tiles should not be removable with the PoP ability on the Freedom servers. There is a good reason for this as per my above examples.

 

=Ayes=

 

Securing your deed mine with reinforcements was a big deal prior to underground dwellings, security can be achieved now by fencing in access or gate houses, so perimeter reinforcements are no longer a big deal for this aspect.

 

Now that there is no way to remove these reinforcements stuck in no mans land it would be hilariously easy to grief someone as oblivion pointed out by simply tossing in reinforcements all over the place.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now