Sign in to follow this  
Sarcofax

Looking for work, but which one?

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a game where I can get some cash while playing, of course I know I won't quit my main job. After a long research and playing World of Warcraft just to get enough to play for free, I decided to try Wurm Online.

Right now I would like to try everything I can do in the game. When I try everything I can, then I will focus on whatever is funnier for me. No matter if it gives a lot of money or not so much.

I love grinding! If you know World of Warcraft, I could spend days and days just circling around Dun Morogh with a pacifist miner, getting copper and selling it. It was a very low income, couldn't even pay the monthly subscription, but it was fun!

So, I have now a problem. After reviewing the "tutorial zone" I want to choose a server, but I have no idea what's better for me. I think Epic Islands aren't for me, I read they have 2x exp or something like that, while Chaos has PVP and normal exp rate. Well, I prefer to play with the normal exp rate and just enjoy playing while getting max skills.

I would be just a regular worker and a pacifist, but I wouldn't mind playing in a PVP server. I would just need to run away from monsters AND players! xD

So, what would you choose in 2018? Freedom Islands or Epic Islands? Which one is more active and has more work opportunities?

Thank you all for your time and see you in the game.

Regards,

Sarc

edit: oops, I started this message with a completely different topic and that's why I created it on "Classified Ads", but right now it seems it would be better in "General" forum. Sorry about that, please move the message if needed. :S

Edited by Sarcofax

I'd start on one of the pve servers on Freedom.

That way you come to active servers with helpful communities.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cecci said:

I'd start on one of the pve servers on Freedom.

That way you come to active servers with helpful communities.

Hello Cecci,

Thank you for your fast answer, I'll choose one of the PVE servers on Freedom then. Is there any in particular you would choose?

Regards,

Sarc

Freedom is your best bet, it seems - from your topic.

An advice would be to check the forum section for the freedom servers if there are any villages that are open to new players. That way you will get a safe place to start your adventure. :)

Edit: oh and dont get to serious about what «server» you choose. Its not server in the means of servers in WOW, its more like islands you can travel between, any time. As long as you got a few starter skills up. :)

- N

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nordlys said:

Freedom is your best bet, it seems - from your topic.

An advice would be to check the forum section for the freedom servers if there are any villages that are open to new players. That way you will get a safe place to start your adventure. :)

Edit: oh and dont get to serious about what «server» you choose. Its not server in the means of servers in WOW, its more like islands you can travel between, any time. As long as you got a few starter skills up. :)

- N

Hello N,

Oh! So it doesn't really matter which island you choose, you can travel between them. Thank you for the info! Nevertheless, I will check the forum section for villages open to new players.

Thank you for your fast response!

Regards,

Sarc

edit: I'm so accostumed to WoW that I expected messages like "go home noob" but instead you're being incredibly helpful. Thank you all! ? 

We do have a few of those also.

Welcome!

Prepare to get stuck here now  :P

Thank you all!

I got into an awesome academy and started mining. I love the game!

Work, work!! See you in the game!

Regards,

Sarc

• Like 4