Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Capes ...add capes! Please?

?Where are they? ? We have the technology! ?‍? Right? ?

p.s. it would be a nice gift also from santa ? or something

• Like 8

Actually we don't have the technology. 

Fact is, they don't flow well with movement, it's why clothes stick to the player too (only robes are traders and merchants who dont move) 

A placeholder slot on a paperdoll window is not indicative of any inprogress work, it's low priority and not something we're actively working on, there's plenty of other areas to work on first. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

it's low priority and not something we're actively working on

eca.jpg

• Like 11

They don't need real physics, simple animation would suffice. Gentle movement when idle to heroic flowing in motion. It wouldn't be that hard to do with the skills the dev team possess? Or are you saying our devs aren't cape'able?

1 hour ago, HexD said:

It wouldn't be that hard to do with the skills the dev team possess? Or are you saying our devs aren't cape'able?

I think he is saying the dev’s have been tasked with other things which they consider are more important. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Actually we don't have the technology. 

Fact is, they don't flow well with movement, it's why clothes stick to the player too (only robes are traders and merchants who dont move) 

A placeholder slot on a paperdoll window is not indicative of any inprogress work, it's low priority and not something we're actively working on, there's plenty of other areas to work on first. 

I'm sad now. What about tabards they flow kinda?

11 hours ago, Joelle said:

Did you misspell coops? ??

Lol.

6 minutes ago, christopher said:

the banners move . isn't it the same as a capes movement.

There are plenty of examples with the tech, so it's cute when I hear its not possible kind of a 'cop-out' response I think. For example rigging; a tabard is attached to the paper doll and already moves when you walk and make full stops. It clips a little bit with the legs though but it's not that bad. I think the biggest issue is they want some crazy flow capes that other new games have. I totally understand wanting to do something amazing with them though. Thing is most people don't care about that and just want capes, you can always adjust that kind of thing later down the road.

13 hours ago, Niki said:

Thing is most people don't care about that and just want capes, you can always adjust that kind of thing later down the road.

100% correct 

+1 to capes

On 12/17/2018 at 1:09 PM, Niki said:

There are plenty of examples with the tech, so it's cute when I hear its not possible kind of a 'cop-out' response I think. For example rigging; a tabard is attached to the paper doll and already moves when you walk and make full stops. It clips a little bit with the legs though but it's not that bad. I think the biggest issue is they want some crazy flow capes that other new games have. I totally understand wanting to do something amazing with them though. Thing is most people don't care about that and just want capes, you can always adjust that kind of thing later down the road.

it's cute when a tabard that glitches through everything is considered an example of any sort of tech. 

It's no cop out response, at least some level of quality is expected from things. It's not actively being worked on, it's not on our top list of things to be working on, we have zero ETA of them being worked on or implemented. 

It's nowhere near a high priority for us. 

Remember that topic where you couldn't understand why people didn't talk you in game?

I love adblocking the no-capes gif, my way to not believe that 'hoax', let the dream breathe.

5 hours ago, totties said:

Remember that topic where you couldn't understand why people didn't talk you in game?

hah.. bully

I'm not convinced about the low prio, could be 2019 xmas item.

Well.. it's a suggestion, so I'll +1 it.

16 hours ago, Retrograde said:

it's cute when a tabard that glitches through everything is considered an example of any sort of tech. 

It's no cop out response, at least some level of quality is expected from things. It's not actively being worked on, it's not on our top list of things to be working on, we have zero ETA of them being worked on or implemented. 

It's nowhere near a high priority for us. 

? 

13 hours ago, totties said:

Kinda rude tbh. Sometimes it's important to hash out things like this so the player doesn't get their hopes up and can move on when they get a dev response, sorry you don't see the merit in that. I do it often as do others. We want this game to grow from it's shell into a nice pretty bird.

With that, this topic can be closed since it's not in the pipeline anytime soon.