Sign in to follow this  
Rezden

closed

Aggertine Wilderness

Opened December 10th

(This server is not connected to Stone Peaks Wilderness but the lore is connected and both servers share the same discord.)

This is considered a Hardcore server and is recommended for those that want a very long term challenge.

-4K map 0.5 skill gain and 1.0 action timer

-No map will be posted as of right now.

-100,000 creatures( 20-30 uniques )

-98% aggressive -Skills start at 1

-Characteristics start at 19

-Start with only a steel and flint

-Alts are allowed, but only one character may be played at the same time.

-base player combat rating =.7(Lower than default)

-survival mod(includes cold weather and water disease)

-Bounty mod on aggressive creatures. -Karma earned from burning corpses.

-discord relay https://discord.gg/UMmu3wK

-Mini dungeons/encampments with loot(bounties and chance of a tool/weapon/or armor for each level completed)

-leaderboards

-traveling merchant will buy certain items. (items bought will change on a weekly or monthly schedule)

-No priest restrictions, but there is a 22 prayer skill requirement for becoming a priest.

-All Client mods are banned here except live map!

-default deed costs

-Karma can be earned by burning corpses 

Your beginning on the server....

You awaken on a beach after the boat you were traveling in was  attacked by a sea moster.You were on your way to Aggertine Outpost from Brithanza. All you have on you is a steel and flint. After regaining your senses you feel certain that Aggertine Outpost must be farther North up the river. Which is based off of where you were when the sea moster attacked. Then you head off on your adventure...………...

Lore

In the year 970 King Graiden of Brithanza, who is in allegiance with the Freedom Isles, sent out expeditions in search of new lands. After about 10 years ,one of the expeditions led by Captain Maddox Brock, discovered a new land.

The King called the new land Stone Peaks Wilderness and sent his experienced pioneers and adventurers there.

One year later, another expedition led by Dale Agmos discovered another new land. The expedition was only able to make a very brief exploration and was unable to map the new land because they only had enough supplies to make the return voyage to Brithanza and the land was even more deadly than Stone Peaks Wilderness so the Expedition decided it was too risky to try to gather supplies from the new land. One thing they found before leaving though was an ancient coin and on it, written in an ancient language was “Aggertine Empire”.

The King, after hearing the news, was very excited, but he was unable to send experienced pioneers and adventurers there or offer free transport because he was spending almost all his extra resources on Stone Peaks Wilderness. Surprisingly though a wealthy noble of the kingdom, by the name of Sir Hadmosk, offered to pay to transport all the poor and unskilled adventurers to the new land that wanted to go. After his offer, some began to say he had a secret motive for his generous offer but most didn’t care and were just happy to have the opportunity to start a new life on a new land.

After seeing the coin that was discovered on the new land, King Graiden named the new land Aggertine Wilderness. The King was also able set up trade agreements like he did for Stone Peaks and offered to pay bounties with the little bit of extra coin left in the kingdom coffers.

Edited by Rezden

New Merchant that buys bulk supplies is now located at Aggertine Outpost.(Big Thanks to Mthec for developing this mod)

New Dungeon, The Rat Nest, now open.

Loot is selected randomly using a loot system that includes coins and the possibility of receiving almost any item in the game( based on dungeon difficulty and levels).

• Like 1

Joined this server the day after it opened and what can I say, loving every moment of it.

99% up time, server is only down when a update is needed, like a new mod added.

Fantastic active GM who is online to help with everything and is adding great new content for us. ( just had a Rats Dungeon added, when I am strong enough going to see what loot is hidden inside! )

Active player base, very friendly and helpful. UK and USA time zone players.

Fresh server, so loads of good spots to pick and everyone is still newbies at the skill levels, so a great time to join!

So if you fancy trying something a little harder than the normal servers out there and your up for a challenge, you couldn't pick a better server imo.

Find me in game as Badvoc, hope to see you soon!

• Like 1

Come and help us mape out the server, kill the critters, occupy the lands of this mysterious Aggertine Wilderness.

Soon it will complete 1 month and we haven't even a single person to ride a horse or lead a large cart.

We don't have bridges yet, even roads.

Sailboats? Forget it, the majority of people are rowing around or even swimming.

You start with nothing but a Steel and Flint, but you can throw it away and make it harder.

Or you can head to the outpost and there you will find help.

By the way...
The winter is coming!

?

• Like 1

Throughout my Wurm Unlimited experience I have learned that just when I think I couldn't possibly enjoy MORE difficulty, I end up "just checking out" a server like Aggertine and then becoming hooked. And here I am on a 0.5x 1x server with increased fight difficulty, no starting gear, vanilla skills, the survival mod and 98% aggressive mobs ? There is just something about having to fight tooth and nail for even the smallest accomplishment that is very rewarding. Plus, you could not have a better group of people than those playing on Aggertine and Storm Peaks. And our admin Rezden is very awesome, laid back but very active and willing to listen/help. So here I am living in a mine, still can't ride a horse much less zoom around on a large cart like I normally do on Day 1 on most servers, just finally got a rowboat finished, get my arse kicked by anything harder than a rat, and the frozen winter is looming ahead lol. And I wouldnt change a thing ... other than maybe that dang 0.5 skill gain lol. Also, the map has not been made public so you get that true feeling of exploration.

We do have the bounty mod and vendors in the starter outpost who buy a few bulk items for iron coins to help work toward deed funds. As of today we only have two deeds up, but finally making some progress before winter hits :)If you are looking for a long-term, challenging Wurm experience, come check out Aggertine, we'd love to have you join the "fun" :D

• Like 1

I've been playing on Rezden's "Stone Peaks" server since launch and was one of the people that was NOT looking forward to trying out "Aggertine Wilderness", a Hardcore 0.5x skill 1x action server with Winter Mod and Survival.  But wow, several of us got on here on launch night and we've never looked back.  The people are a great, welcoming and friendly group of players.  We've often worked together at times to help each other through some difficult times in-game and we've managed to survive our first Winter.  I never knew i could go through so much firewood in a season!  The aggressive mobs make life tricky to survive but we have managed to settle a few areas, build a couple guard towers and are slowing improving our fighting skills.  It took a while to be able to kill a rat, but now i think i'm ready for the nearby Rat Dungeon, at least the first level of it.  :)   Summer season is upon us, which is allowing more exploration.  We are gaining new faces on a daily basis it seems, so things are looking great for Aggertine!  Hope you read these posts and decide to join in the suffering.  I think you'll be glad you did!  And best of all...the server is still only a month or so old and the map is basically unsettled at the moment, so come join us, build a boat and see where the river takes you!

This server is pretty awesome.  It's really a very hard grind.  Only play if you enjoy really working hard.  Not for WURM Unlimited Casuals  ; )