Sign in to follow this  
Niki

ATLAS

That hammerhead shark made the same sound wurm dragons make when they're hit so they bought the same sound asset pack wurm did lol

animations for combat are stiff as hell and look like they were also from the unity asset store

you'd think with all the ARK money they'd be able to afford their own art/sound team but whatever, that trailer doesn't really get me intrested in the game, maybe when there's actual gameplay footage that isn't some kid talking about a leaked screenshot

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 1

For me, a Wurm Killer would need to provide massive potential for long-term construction projects, and do it better.

The only construction projects the trailer focuses on, that I really noticed at least, were ships. I don't think that's going to cut it for me. :)

I'll play it, I'm sure it will be fun. A wurm killer? nah.

No competition on wurm, i'd not want to threaten muh baby.  This looks interesting and will give it a go

• Like 1

I don't think a team so dedicated like the one behind Wurm exist let alone is willing to make a game where profit is nearly zero lol wurm is here to stay. 

As far as it stands from just that video alone, Sea of Thieves looked much better and see where that game went... I finished all of the gameplay of that game in about 2 hours. Getting hyped for a trailer is a mistake

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

As far as it stands from just that video alone, Sea of Thieves looked much better and see where that game went... I finished all of the gameplay of that game in about 2 hours. Getting hyped for a trailer is a mistake

once in awhile its okay. 

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:39 PM, Niki said:

Where did this game come from? Is it the fabled Wurm Killer? What do you think will you be a pirate or a landlubber? Let us know.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/834910/ATLAS/

I knew the game sucked when I saw the dude jump in the water when the hammerhead shark came out...

Edited by Wimblonian
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wimblonian said:

I knew the game sucked when I saw the dude jump in the water when the hammerhead shark came out...

LOL alright, good post. Guess we'll find out in a few days.

i played it and now i'm waiting on a refund from steam

edit: got my refund

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 3

Yong Yea on ATLAS:

Steam reviews: Mostly Negative 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/834910/ATLAS/#app_reviews_hash

This game was originally a DLC planned for ARK, but because all the hardcore ARK players bought the season pass then that means they won't get money, so they released this piece of trash to take as much money from you as possible with little to no effort. Please stay away from this game, don't support the developers.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Niki said:

it's pretty bad, lesson learned

Try to do a refund on steam. I bet they'll give your money back

1 hour ago, Jimmy_Norman said:

Try to do a refund on steam. I bet they'll give your money back

I played over 10 hours and intend to play more, I'm part of a large group and it's fun enough because of that. 

Ark was pretty bad also at launch but it improved a lot also, the game is pretty much alpha basically atm, I feel like they over hyped it just a tad.

The fact that it's early access honestly says enough. If an early access game is good then most of the time its worth the wait until it's fully released. This way you don't run the risk of the game being bad at the start, or if the game being good at the start but getting run into the ground by bad decisions along the way. I've seen all of that happen too many times to still bother with early access games.

Looks like this one falls into the bad at the start, might be good within a few years, catetgorie. From what I'm reading their servers can't quite handle the current influx, so clearly the game shouldn't have been opened up to this many people. A closed alpha/beta would have been a better course of action at this point, but there's no money in that.

Edited by Ecrir

Been playing Atlas for a while now with my guild leader from (hopefully) the upcoming Fractured MMO (just to get used to each other, mainly). :) Cost was $30 US dollars (felt doggone cheap for a whole game).

Before we started, an upcoming server wipe was announced, which killed pop, but provided some space for us to learn the game (once again, I start an MMO seeing ruined structures everywhere :P ). For early access, however, the game has a lot of content, and the 6x speeds right now pretty much eliminate grinding.

What's good: Islands are all right, but ships are cool. :)

What's bad: Really odd respawn mechanics, vitamins (unlike Wurm, you'll die if you run out), odds of survival on apparently most islands. :P

What Wurm does better: Massive terraforming. It just doesn't exist in Atlas: -everything- grows back (even rocks, and even if you build over them).

Somewhat ironically from my perspective, the big news now is PvP will be split into two clusters! :P One for "Empires", designed for companies of 200+ members with no raid or expansion limits, and one for "Colonies", designed for companies of 2-50 players, with raid and expansion limits.

I also keep seeing mentions about a public testing period, so maybe free access sometime?

my bro in law plays it showed me .it has good bits ,underwater rooms I liked u can do anything its a role play game manly dungions n dragons players will like.he tried get me to play .its free . u can build defend u island that groups live on . I like wurm but , now he showed me conan as well that's good grafics and were id go if into pvp sorta action full on games looks very good